Views on commodities and energy
Deja vu for gold miners at annual Denver forum
It’s like deja vu for the top mining executives who are presenting their corporate pictures this week at the Denver Gold Forum, an annual industry get-together. Just like last year, top mining executives are still grappling with the touchy issues of renewing reserves, controlling costs and struggling to put projects into production.
Here’s a look at some of the latest Reuters stories out of Denver from reporter Frank Tang:
- Barrick confirms cost view
- Freeport CEO says confident on DRC Tenke project
- Barrick to tackle costs with oil assets, new mines
- Newmont sees costs constraining Boddington mine
- Lower copper prices hurting Freeport-McMoran – CEO
Photo: A bar of gold bullion is seen in the museum of the Bank of England, in London, March 25, 2008. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor/Files.