Comments on: “Climategate” e-mails rear their ugly heads — again http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2011/02/25/climategate-e-mails-rear-their-ugly-heads-again/ Global environmental challenges Wed, 16 Nov 2016 08:14:55 +0000 hourly 1 http://wordpress.org/?v=4.2.5 By: copacetic77 http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2011/02/25/climategate-e-mails-rear-their-ugly-heads-again/comment-page-1/#comment-348370 Tue, 23 Aug 2011 04:49:03 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/?p=19603#comment-348370 And who pays for these denials of global warming?

Exxon Corp. and the Koch brothers are two of the largest contributors to the anti-science crowd that spouts this stuff.

]]>
By: reality_check_ http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2011/02/25/climategate-e-mails-rear-their-ugly-heads-again/comment-page-1/#comment-348354 Sat, 20 Aug 2011 01:44:05 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/?p=19603#comment-348354 Harold Lewis is a physicist, not a climate scientist. The most recent peer-reviewed study of accord among 1350 leading global climate scientists puts the consensus of ACC at over 98%, and most of the remaining 2% are sitting on the fence.

]]>
By: Peter1965 http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/2011/02/25/climategate-e-mails-rear-their-ugly-heads-again/comment-page-1/#comment-347909 Thu, 24 Mar 2011 03:36:42 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/environment/?p=19603#comment-347909 Global warming is a scam.

I think the best way to understand this scam is to read Harold Lewis’ letter of resignation from the American Physical Society (APS). I quote from that letter here.

“It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist”

Harold Lewis is Emeritus Professor of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, former Chairman; Former member Defense Science Board, chairman of Technology panel; Chairman DSB study on Nuclear Winter; Former member Advisory Committee on Reactor Safeguards; Former member, President’s Nuclear Safety Oversight Committee; Chairman APS study on Nuclear Reactor Safety Chairman Risk Assessment Review Group; Co-founder and former Chairman of JASON; Former member USAF Scientific Advisory Board; Served in US Navy in WW II; books: Technological Risk (about, surprise, technological risk) and Why Flip a Coin (about decision making)

Source(s):
http://cbullitt.wordpress.com/2010/10/08

]]>