Fan Fare

Entertainment behind the scenes

Barbra Streisand backs Obama

July 1, 2008

obama.jpgLikening Democratic U.S. presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama to a political “trailblazer,” singer Barbra Streisand has become the latest Hollywood celebrity to join the Obama campaign bandwagon, switching from her past support of Sen. Hillary Clinton.

“Barack has awakened in many of us the notion that we can again be hopeful, enabling us to believe that we are capable of lifting our brothers and sisters out of poverty, of providing quality education for all our children, of ending this unjust war in Iraq and bringing our troops home streisand.jpgsafely,” Streisand wrote on Tuesday in a posting on her Web site, http://www.barbrastreisand.com/.

“He’s reminded us ‘yes we can’…we can make the transition from fossil fuels to green energy; we can take care of our elderly and make sure that good healthcare is not just a perk for a few, but a right for every man, woman and child,” she said. ”We are experiencing not just a presidential campaign, but a movement; a movement of inspired young people who have been cynical about politics for too long.”hillary.jpg

Since narrowly defeating Clinton at the end of the U.S. primary elections in June, Obama, a Democrat from Illinois, has picked up numerous endorsements. Clinton, a U.S. Senator from New York, has appeared with him in a show of Democratic party unity. Last week, Obama held a fundraiser in Los Angeles that raised some $4 million to $5 million, and several Hollywood stars such as Dennis Quaid and Samuel L. Jackson were there.

Streisand, of course, is a major Hollywood celebrity and fundraiser for Democrats. Yet, celebrity endorsements have a mixed track record in helping candidates, the experts say. Republican candidate Sen. John McCain also has celebrity endorsements including from actors Sylvester Stallone and Robert Duvall.

Comments

I think Babbs deserves Obama if she back him…yuck

Posted by Kathi | Report as abusive

No wonder her initials are BS. She spews it and believes it.

Posted by Stephanie | Report as abusive

This old woman needs to take a seat and keep her mouth shut…….we don’t care what Bab’s has to say……

Posted by hadenough | Report as abusive

Babbling Babs backs Barack. Sozialists of a feather propagandize together.

Posted by Jerome K. | Report as abusive

Who cares what this elitist left wing whacko thinks. She is one of those who defines equality as “spreading the misery” aka Socialism while she and the rest of the elites rule from on high and feed us, the unwashed, the crumbs. She can fly a private jet but we get bikes. The hypocrisy of the left is mind boggling.

Posted by Bruce | Report as abusive

“perks for a few”
Now that’s HOLLYWOOD !!

Posted by Wiz | Report as abusive

I’m confused, who cares who Streisand supports. If I remember correctly during the 04 elections Babbs said if Bush won she would become a canadian citizen. What this means, unless shes a liar, she is not a US citizen and cant vote, so who cares about her opinion.

Posted by John | Report as abusive

Who cares?

Posted by Steve | Report as abusive

Who in their “Right Mind” could possably think “Obama” is the answer? Goes to prove she still stands for “B.S.” and nothingthat really will help this country..Remember she was going to move in the last election..
Gus Hoefling

Every democrat I have seen run since John Kennedy has promised to wipe out poverty, and it never happens! They say they will provide a quality education for our kids, and it gets worse!!!
Now they have promised to develop a replacement for fossil fuel, which is good since they have weened us off fossil fuel by raising prices!!!
I can’t wait to see the fossil fuel trick!!! The sad thing is, their uneducated base forgets about the promises made, and these losers are made into heros after they have failed!!! Incredible.

Posted by Darrell | Report as abusive

Who cares?

Posted by vicki jo | Report as abusive

Oh that she would leave the country no matter who wins.
This woman thinks way too much of herself.

Posted by amelia | Report as abusive

Good Gravy!! Now I know I do not want anything to do with Obama. Streisand is for him, than I am against him. Anything she would vote for cannot be right. The Hollyweirdos are going to back him, we are in trouble if he wins.
Babs wants us to live like peasants while she lives like a Queen. Do as I say, Not as I do. I hope Hollywood does go in strike, Give us a rest!!
God Bless America. Keep us Free, God Bless McCain!

Posted by Ruth D | Report as abusive

Good for Barbra. But could anyone have ever doubted that she would support Obama in the aftermath of the primary? Ignore the snide comments from the fascists Barbra. They excel at snide and little else.

Posted by Bobby | Report as abusive

Thanks for the update. The choice of style over substance, once again, is the order of the day. As America wakes up to the news that Ms. Streisand has endorsed Senator Obama, the citizens of this country can move on with the rest of their lives.

Posted by seth | Report as abusive

Who cares what this bubblehead has to say. She’s your typical limousine liberal who says more than she knows. Which ain’t much.

Posted by Timmeh | Report as abusive

I thought she left the country after the 2004 election. I guess she flip flopped on that also. Babs is tormented by her on irrelevance.

Posted by john ryder | Report as abusive

I feel a great deal more comfortable now. With the likes of Barbra Streisand, Susan Sarandon and George Clooney coming out in favor of Barack Obama it will surely lead to John McCain having a real chance to win the election.

WHAT A SHAME THAT MOST OF THE THOSE THAT ARE LIBRAL, ESPECIALLY IN THE MEDIA, HAVE VERY LITTLE MORALS. OF COURSE THEY HAVE TO BACK A PERSON WHO BELIEVES AS THEY DO. BO, IS TRYING DESPERATELY GET THE EVANGELICAL VOTE OR SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES, WHO HAVE HIGH MORALS AND TRULY BELIEVE IN CHRISTIAN VALUES, LIKE GAY MARRIAGE, PRO-LIFE,WHICH RESPECTS THE RIGHTS OF THE UNBORN CHILD. STREISAND, HAS MORE RESPECT FOR ANIMALS THAN CHILDREN. NO WONDER SHE BACKS THE OBOMINATION CAMPAIGN. BO, IS SUCH A LIAR AND A WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING. PRETTY SOON HE WILL ROLL HIS WIFE UNDER,UNLESS SHE COMPLETELY CHANGES TO SUIT HIS NEEDS, HOW DARE HER,BE A CONTROVERSIAL FIGUER TO HIS CAMPAIGN.

Babbs-the ultimate political Air Head

Posted by MikeAmerica | Report as abusive

Wow! Is she going to charge $750/ticket at her next concert so she can do an Obama sketch? Just shut up and sing. Or better yet, if this country is so bad, get out and don’t make money off of hard-working Americans anymore. Question is, who wants her? Maybe she can chip in on an island with everyone else that threatened to move.

Posted by Christine | Report as abusive

Is she still alive?

Oh isn’t that just so wonderful, a Hollywood Elitist supports O’bama. Vomit, barf , hurl, puke.

This is reason to vote against this empty suit just because the beautiful Hollywood Socialists support him.

PEOPLE, Democrats are Socialists. The left wing freaks call Republicans Nazis but we know they are not because the Nazis were National Socialists and the Democrats are Socialists.

Posted by kmpk | Report as abusive

Just how “green” is this screwballs mansion? Speaking of fossils, how is that moon-bat of a husband you’re married to, and is he still a 9/11 conspiracy boob?
Babs, shut up and….uh, just shut up.

Posted by JimM | Report as abusive

Well, gee, this is no surprise but really, who cares? Frankly, I cannot understand how anyone with even half a brain could vote for Obama.

Posted by Dawn | Report as abusive

Typical Liberal socialist elitist..spewing the propaganda of “Yes we can” to the peasants…what this really means is yes we can dumb you down and keep you poor. Vote liberal democrat and we will take money from those big bad rich people out there and give you some. Come and feed from the trough of desolation!!!

Posted by Walter Steele | Report as abusive

I thought B.S. and Baldwin were shacked up in Canada ?
Who dug her up to let her spout this elitist liberal crap. Can somebody please screw the lid down again, this is becoming neuseating.

Posted by Rohan | Report as abusive

She is just too stupid to realize her support could really screw up Barrack’s chance of sitting in the Oval Office.

Another hollywood millionaire for Obama no surprise here. I wonder if Obama will make an exception and allow oil drilling in hollywood so they can at least have fuel for all thier mansions and learjets all the while the rest of the nation walks.
The democrats are such hypocrites they hate corporate CEOs and business owners that acutally earn their wages and they love their rich people the hollywood elite, the trial lawyers and charlatains like Gore who get rich off the global warming hype.

McCain 2008 !!

Posted by AFSGTSAM | Report as abusive

I’m w/ Vicky Jo. “Who Cares?” And, remember that the oil ‘mess’ was started by a Dem – Jimmy Carter – by taking the dollar off the gold standard. And for the next inexperienced Senator running, we’re gonna get change alright. And that change may not be what we’re thinking it is. Another rich lawyer trying to be prez. If you want change, put a plumber in office. You’ll get change.

Posted by milton | Report as abusive

LOL! Well, I wasn’t going to vote for him anyway, but having the endorsement of Barbra just kind of drives that home for me. I didn’t need her to make it known to me that he is a poor choice, but it sure feels good to know I still disagree with that idiot woman!! Whoo hoo!! Thanks for clinching the deal, Babs!! LOLOLOLO!!!

Posted by Dea | Report as abusive

I am SOOO utterly surprised she would back Obama!! Oh my, I thought she might back McCain!!!…………give me a break!

Barbara Streisand has always been the epitomy of ignorant Hollywood. It’s no surprise that she backs Barrack – she is, and always has been an idiot.

I just gained great respect, however, for Robert Duvall and Sylvester Stallone. Unlike most of Hollywood, they have the brains to understand that Barrack would be counter-productive to the potential this nation has.

Posted by Dillon | Report as abusive

Well thank heaven she finally made up her mine, now I know just how to vote… I just glad she told us before November because I would hate to wait that long, before I made up my mind.. thanks B.S.

Posted by LJ | Report as abusive

Who in the heck cares what Babs thinks about anything. I personally doubt there is any brain function occuring between her ears.

Posted by JImmy Carter | Report as abusive

Where is the Dems exit strategy for that war on poverty they started in 1964? Since poverty is worse than it was then we should demand an immediate withdrawl.

Posted by BillW | Report as abusive

Streisand is a leftist Bolshevik. Obama just lost my vote.

Posted by Dennis D | Report as abusive

I was seriously considering Mr. Obama as a possibility, but, since “Babbs” has endorsed him I most likely will look elsewhere.

Posted by Carl Burris | Report as abusive

Barbra’s the ballgame. It’s over!!!!!

Posted by Lew | Report as abusive

Who cares?

Posted by Marie | Report as abusive

Wow!! This is news! babs supporting a liberal candidate. next thing we’ll here is “the pope is catholic.” this is just more of the consistent crap the libs spew every election, better education, healthcare, an end to poverty, blah,blah,blah. they had control of the house for the majority of most of our lives and have screwed up a lot more than they fixed. adding an inexperienced president to the incompetent lot that is congress now will guarantee only worse times ahead. thanks again barb, you’ve once more reminded me how much you really suck.

Posted by Hideous | Report as abusive

I can’t wait until election day this November and we have selected Sen. Obama as our next president. as Babs sings it so well, “Happy Days are (really) here again”!!!

Posted by jon609 | Report as abusive

Ms. B.S. needs to go to Canada and shut her mouth. No one cares. As far as “hope and change”, ending poverty, blaa blaa blaa, this has been the promise of every politician and it has gotten worse…Obama wants to do this yet he is surrounding himself with advisors from the Clinton and Carter administration…What a bunch of hooky! If he gets in, we will no longer have the strongest military in the world…not a good idea considering what’s going on in the middle east. Think of the consequences of his action. Weak military, highest taxes in history, biggest government in history. We will ALL live in poverty. As far as taxing the rich, they are the people who provide jobs…higher taxes, more costly goods, slow down of purchasing, jobs lost. I can’t believe people don’t see through the Bull!

Posted by karen | Report as abusive

Just one more of the thousands of reasons to not even consider this Marxist fool for Commander in Chief.
Babs, do us all a favor and move your posterior to Europe where you belong.

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

Now you went and sprung a surprise on us. I thought she was going to support Bob Barr!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn’t want her name associated with my campaign, unless she was singing only!

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

“The kiss of death” Thanks Barbra

Posted by spider razon | Report as abusive

Thats it for me…I will definetly be voting for McCain.

Posted by pancanfinfan | Report as abusive

Last time I checked people who have healthcare pay for it, therefore it is not a perk!!!

Posted by Matt | Report as abusive

She is inspired by “hope”, “change”, and “believe”?! That don’t mean Squat around here! We want “Facts”, “Details”, and “Experience”: Three things that he has not provided!

Posted by Pappione | Report as abusive

If Obama wins and raises everyones taxes then who will have the money to buy her concert tickets, cd’s, downloads or go to see any movies? Then what will these Hollywood bozos do when their incomes start drying up? Probably blame Bush I guess.

Posted by Bill | Report as abusive

Doesn’t this woman own giant houses with big carbon footprints? And, she doesn’t want electric windmills placed in the ocean spoiling her view from all her beach front property? Maybe she should vote Republican. Is she going to meet with the big O at a pricey hotel to get the world view?

Posted by allen antrim | Report as abusive

What I find funny is these celebs actually think that they are helping the people they endorse.

Posted by mitchsn | Report as abusive

Once again Barbra proves she’s a person of truth, vision and common sense. This 8 year national nightmare under Bush is soon coming to an end. On Inauguration Day, the majority of our country will say to President Obama, “Hello Gorgeous”!!!

Posted by Nicky Arnstein | Report as abusive

I had heard that she was endorsing Bob Barr.

Posted by Tomlouky | Report as abusive

STOP these negative comments about Babs! Don’t you people understand she and the other Hollywood elite are not only looking out for our best interests but the rest of the world as well. She understands that if Barack Obama is elected, we won’t drill for oil or build nuclear plants or produce oil from coal. As Harry Reid said, coal and oil are ‘dirty’ and bad for our environment. We may pay 10 or 15$ for gas and heating oil but we will save the planet from Climate Change. Bless her and the other liberals for looking out for our best interests!

Posted by Love Liberals | Report as abusive

Barbara Striesand should just pack her bags and move. Barb is a Liberal and she will never be happy in the United States.

Liberals are the most miserable human beings in the world, what are they doing in America? Americans believe in right and wrong. That kills the Liberals.

Posted by Rick Morrow | Report as abusive

I can’t wait to fly my flag half mast for Babs!!!!!!!!!

Posted by lwayne | Report as abusive

Hope, Change, Believe! Hope they don’t destroy us completly and believe we’ll have more than just some “change” to spend. These are most arrogant, “high mind”, my crap doesn’t stink, and do as I say people I have seen in my short 60+ years. TAX – TAX is all you hear.

Posted by Jim | Report as abusive

I almost forgot–didn’t she also promise to leave the country when Bush was elected?

Posted by allen antrim | Report as abusive

to Milton: Actually, it was Nixon who took the dollar off the gold standard in 1971, but that does not preclude the fact that Carter was the worst president we have had in modern times. If there is anyone who wants to repeat those horrible years, a vote for Obama will almost guarantee it.

Posted by stromboli | Report as abusive

You folks are ALL idiots. Babs is the bomb and Obama is the man. He’s going to win and be the next Prez, so GET USED TO IT!!!!!

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Clever move. Babs secretly intends to write in Cindy Sheehan so she endorses Obama and delivers the Kiss of Death.

Posted by Ralph Cramden | Report as abusive

Thank God I found out who Babbs is backing. I could have made the wrong choice. Now if I could only find out whom Gary Coleman, Vanilla Ice, Burt Reynolds, Andrew Dice Clay, B Arthur, the Olson Twins and Lynday Lohan are backing, I will finally have correct candidate to vote for.

Posted by slamin'456 | Report as abusive

Will she sing this for the Anti-American Marxist if he gets elected?

Isn’t it rich?
Are we a pair?
Me here at last on the ground,
You in mid-air.
Send in the clowns.

Isn’t it bliss?
Don’t you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can’t move.
Where are the clowns?
Send in the clowns.

Just when I’d stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours,
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my lines,
No one is there.

Don’t you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you’d want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don’t bother, they’re here.

Isn’t it rich?
Isn’t it queer,
Losing my timing this late
In my career?
And where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Well, maybe next year.

Posted by 02Z06Vette | Report as abusive

who cares what she says – tell her to go on strike and stay there.

Posted by Jim | Report as abusive

BS Loves BO – What a Shocker – “Happy Birtday…Mr. President… PHEW!!!! – El Stink-o BABS….

Obama has captured the imagination of Americans. Sadly, imagination is all that’s required to endorse him. He talks about change and hope- but without the application of experience, knowledge, and truth, all you can do is HOPE the CHANGE he brings is better than what we have now. It is foolish and dangerous to assume that change would be for the better.

Posted by Lefty | Report as abusive

Wow, since when did all the over-the-hill anti-american bull-sh#% spewing hollywood liberals all decided to start looking like Joan Rivers.

Who cares what she thinks and why is this even “NEWS”

Posted by Chuck | Report as abusive

Love Liberals (3:04 pm GMT),
You’re still in college, possibly high school, aren’t you? And, if by some chance, you are older than that; Grow up! Learn how the “real world” works! Learn how the economy works! Learn how those gas prices that you are talking about won’t exist because if they even double what they are at right now, it will only be chaos out there! People are hurting right now! Family and friends of mine are pinching pennies already: They all made decent wages as of 18 months ago! If that “flip-floping” nut-job gets elected, you are going to lose more of your paycheck to his semi-socialistic/semi-communistic “vision” of America. I make decent wages for what I do, but even I am starting to hurt from this economy! Then we have people who share your philosophy out there that want to make me hurt more? Get out of you Underoos and get current with reality before you open your mouth again!

Posted by Pappione | Report as abusive

Oh what a shock! Babs backs the liberal candidate…is the world coming to and end? She obviously has been put under the Obama spell that he will save the world. She mentions “perks”…hey Babs, speaking of perks, when you leave your multi-million dollar mansion in Bevery Hills to hop in to your stretch limo which takes you to those Hollywood parties, why don’t you stop off in Compton and pick up a few under-priviledged people and bring them along with you so they can enjoy the perks you get. And give away those free gift bags that are worht $100K each to some people in the ‘hood.

Babs, you’re a phony like the rest of Hollywood.

Posted by Nick C - NYC | Report as abusive

who care about BS . this aging diva who is overated and greedy ( charging $200 for ticket for belting with her shrilly voice. ) . Like the rest of Hollywood phonies , she wants a young guy so good by BJ clinton and forget about HRC.The ordinary people does not care about her stupid and mindless opinion . she can have Obama for President. Obama the empty suit who claimed that the United states has 57 states. Is this what Harvard University producing nowadays. and by the way , someone owe to check the greatest orator amd the messiah Obama- it turns out that he just change some of the word from the speech of Mario cuomo.Isn’t that a plagiarishm? so how come the Reuter did not pick up on this or is this another pass for the annointed Obama? and the most scary think is the so call slogan “yes we can “- I heard from talk radio that this originate from the Irian terrorist president Mammoud Achmanijedad .Pretty scary isn’t it. it seems like Obama has the propensity to borrow from other peoples speech . Just like the title of his book the audacity of hope – which really come from the white hater preacher- jeremiah Wright.

Posted by Janefanoi | Report as abusive

Anyone who gets an endorsement from Streisand immediately wears a virtual T-shirt emblazoned “ULTRA LIBERAL.” Obama really needed that at this point.
One hopes that Streisand has hired a high school student to edit her postings on her web site, to avoid her past ignorance of spelling and grammar. (Or was she just enjoying some exotic substance while posting?)

Posted by Tom in Virginia | Report as abusive

Obama, experience you can believe in. (list accomplishments here)

Posted by James X | Report as abusive

Wow, it was refresing to read these comments. For a minute, I thought it mattered who Babs was supporting. Glad to know the majority agrees with me…who cares!

Posted by Suzanne | Report as abusive

Barbara Big Nose constantly flaunts her tiny Hollywood intellect. Living in the arms of fabulous wealth and privilege, she want all to think that she is not for “the wealthy”, but for the “little people”.
Like it was said, her initials are B.S.

Posted by James X | Report as abusive

I feel better now knowing who BS will support. She says “Barack has awakened in many of us the notion that we can again be hopeful…” Can ONE of these idiots tell me how higher taxes and a socialized government is HOPEFUL? What hope is there to go BACKWARD and become Canada or France? A word of advise to the Queen of Idiots, “SHUT UP, climb back into your mansion and SHUT UP!”

Posted by Anne | Report as abusive

I BELIEVE that Babbs is right. We do need a CHANGE. We need to CHANGE all the things that are the same. I BELIEVE in HOPE. HOPE that CHANGE will prevail and that all the things in need of HOPE will be CHANGED. CHANGE will invoke HOPE in America. And those with newly found HOPE and whom BELIEVE in CHANGE will CHANGE the direction of this country simply by HOPING to make a CHANGE in what we BELIEVE.

If anyone knows of a good socialist needing a speech writer lemme know.

I am still waiting for Pelosi and the Dem. congress to lower gas prices as promised before they were in power.

Posted by Bri | Report as abusive

Well, if there wasn’t already convincing evidence that Obama is bad for American you’ve got it now.
Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knows these hollywood twits stand against the ideal of the Unites States and what it was founded on so the candidate they support is quite obviously the wrong candidate for this country.
McCain is bad too, but he isn’t Obama bad. Actually, Obama scares me more than Carter.

Funny – in the old days the politicians promised opportunity and the chance to succeed – but Obama, if you can’t succeed on your own he’s going to make sure the government (ie. We, the people) pay for your success.

Truly a sad state this country has come to for this emtpy suited wonder to actually be a viable, and apparently front running, candidate.

Posted by DJH | Report as abusive

Up until the 20th century, singers and actors were considered the dregs of society. Only since modern media has the profession become lucrative. Why on earth would anyone consider the opinion of a person whose only qualification is they can sing or pretend well. (would you listen to the political views of any american idol contestant?)
Name 5 things Obama will change and how will he accomplish them. Please provide details. Reaching across the aisle is not a means or idea on how to change things.
Change for changes sake is not what we need. Plenty of leaders have brought change and not always good change.
are less taxes good or bad?
Healthcare is not free. I wont mind if babs, sarandon and clooney are paying for it though. Make up for some of the trash they have inflicted on us at the movies. yentl alone is worth babs subsiized healthcare for california.

Sadly, the bastion of liberalism will continue to win the media attention, regardless of how lacking it is in substance, and the mob (aka gullible and equally ignorant Americans) will listen to it and vote the most liberal senator America has into office.

Posted by Paul | Report as abusive

Now I can vote with a clear head for the Babs has spoken. Please take your dried up voice and just sing in the shower. No one cares who you vote for or what you stand for.

Posted by Carl | Report as abusive

I love actors. Their job is to pretend to be someone else while someone films them. This, to them, somehow translates into their political opinions mattering.

Posted by BobbyD | Report as abusive

I liked Ms. Streisand in What’s Up, Doc? when I saw it on TV as a kid. But she needs to keep quiet about politics. Obama is my choice for president and he’s most likely going to win. McCain is just too old. Obama is the future. But Ms. Streisand is only hurting Barack by supporting him in the media. Not helping. She’s pretty out of touch with regular Americans, just like the idiot in chief, George W. Bush. Obama in 2008!

Posted by Jace | Report as abusive

Sorry Steve, a “good socialist” is an oxymoron.

I just wonder why Streisand backing a Marxist is a worthy news story. WHo else could she possibly support.

Talk about a non-story.

Posted by tytl | Report as abusive

This is the main reason folks are flocking to Obama: http://wylfwt.com/home/files/images/mcca in_bush-hug-713122.png

I don’t want CHANGE. I don’t want you lefties to run my world for me. I want you all to leave me alone, and leave my country alone, too. I like America just the way it is. The only thing I want is for the government hacks to take a long vacation and get out of our personal lives. You are taking away our freedoms a little at a time, and we keep voting in these clowns. Obama is the next Mussolini and he has the chin to prove it.

Posted by starzzguitar | Report as abusive

Wow, old Barb is just full of sound bites, isn’t she! Hope, change, yes we can! Inspirational movement! Hoo boy. That socialistic half wit would make me run like the wind from anyone she endorsed.

Posted by Glenna | Report as abusive

who is this old bag? never heard of her.. she thinks this barack guy can save the world? please!

Who Cares who Babs Supports??
Besides, I thought she moved to Canada after ole Dubya”W” was re-elected… at least she proclaimed & promised that she’ move to Canada.. Humm – What Happened??.. Did Canada not want her??)) I/We/ the U.S. does not want her either… especially now that she’s a run-of-the-mill, old, washed-up singer who never was all that great — unless you were to aske her herself…

Posted by Dana | Report as abusive

I am a Streisand fan, just feel sad because of her choice. Still ove her, but I believe she should have stayed neutral, after all, Obama stole the nomination, and played many cards to achieve it. Sorry Babs, I don’t agree with you this time.

Posted by Oscar P | Report as abusive

This is a place for hate spewers. What a sorry bunch! So you don’t like Barbra’s politics. Who cares. She is supporting the right candidate. Like it or not. Obama 08!

Posted by Darlene | Report as abusive

I’m a Barack supporter and wish to God BS wouldn’t endorse him. Anyone she endorses has to endure BS’s BS. Her vanity isn’t necessary in campaigns or elections. Go back to your hole and stop drawing unsolicited negative press, BS! Why is that these morons think they’re somehow significant because they can sing or act or play a sport? It’s because we (not me) put them on a pedestal and feed their egos. Wake up commoners! It’s time to take our country back from the Baldwins, Streisands, O’Donnells, and the rest of the kooks who think their 6 and 7-figure incomes entitle them to be heard over the masses.

Posted by A. J. | Report as abusive

I thought she passed away several years ago..??))

Is this really all it takes to get a Blog on the front page of Reuters??… This Blog is comparable to Tabloid Junk !!

Posted by Dana | Report as abusive

Why are some people so disrespectful? Where is all this hate coming from. Geesh, if you for someone , support them , if not, don’t. Now I see why people say that Americans are mean.

Posted by Flander Anapolis | Report as abusive

Who cares? By the way, I thought she was going to move Europe.

Posted by David Shepard | Report as abusive

Well of course! And this is news?

Posted by bella | Report as abusive

It doesn’t get any easier than this. Look at what the nuts in Hollowood do or want and do the opposite. Look at how most live their lives just to start with.

Posted by David Zlotnick | Report as abusive

Hope, faith, belief…sounds like another religion. This is the religion where Bush is the ultimate evil and big government is salvation.

The scary question is will I be forced to sit in this congregation!

Posted by actualsun | Report as abusive

Thank you Barbra for helping me to decided who to vote for. Now that you are backing Obama it’s clear to me that I need to vote for McCain. If you had picked McCain then I would vote for Obama.

Posted by EdKnows | Report as abusive

Streisand backing Obama…I AM SHOCKED!!!

Posted by Jetsrule | Report as abusive

Have you seen this hypoopcrite Babs Pacific Ocean Mansion?
One hell of a carbon footprint left by this leftie.
“Some are more equal…”

Posted by BearManPig | Report as abusive

It’s quite apparent from the amount of traffic that this has generated that what Barbra Striesand has to say does matter to EVERY SINGLE ONE of you who continue to post.

Posted by G.B. | Report as abusive

You know, the democrats lied- and admitted to lying- when they said they would pull the troops out of Iraq if elected in 2006. They knew they were lying at the time they put that statement out. And after almost 2 years of having control, they have done nothing- least of which would be to pull the troops out of Iraq.

They’re saying the same thing again- they’re gonna get them out of there. Why in anyones right mind would a person believe that hype, now? They lied then and they’re lying now on the hope that some people didn’t get the memo that they were lying at the time. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

What an idiot! Hollywood is made up, for the most part, of people who cannot hold down real jobs. She is enttitled to her opinion, but as has been said before, “Who cares what she thinks!”

Good healthcare is not just for the few? Is she aware that most the country has good healthcare? Whats this few stuff? And healthcare for “all” doesn’t mean “good.” Please people, make sure to defeat socialism this year. Use your heads.

Posted by John | Report as abusive

WHO REALLY CARES WHAT BARBRA STREISAND THINKS??? SHE SAID HERSELF SHE CAN’T EVEN BOIL AND EGG…

ENUF ALREADY

Why are we supposed to care who the celebrities support? They are actors and actresses and that’s about it. Scary to think people may base who they vote for because of who a “celebrity” supports. I would like to think people have more going on in their lives and a little smarter than that!

Posted by Kim P | Report as abusive

Living in a very blue state, I’ve asked several unabashed Obama-lovers, “Why Obama?” I’m wondering if anyone can solve the mystery of this Obama craze. All I keep hearing are the same ‘buzz words/phrases’. “Hope” Umm, don’t we all? “Change” & “..good speaker..” Change WHAT? And I’m still waiting for him to actually SAY SOMETHING. “Future” Since when does marxism and socialism constitute a future? My future consists of WORKING HARD to fill my pockets with CHANGE, raising my family and HOPEfully not being taxed into oblivion. “Younger of the two…” So what? “1st black President.” This isn’t the freaking World Series here… The country isn’t going to embrace in one big collective cheer and yell, “Ahhh, finally, a black President!” Get real. I couldn’t care less what color he or any candidate is. I want to hear about experience and some actual plans of action, but I guess that’s asking too much. “Bush’s 3rd term…” Ahem, Carter’s 2nd term. Enough said.

The Oval Office is no place for affirmative action.

Posted by Chris | Report as abusive

Ew. She’s so gross. But that aside, can any of you Obamassiah supporters list for me just one legislative accomplishment of his since being in office. JUST ONE! And giving rousing speeches does not constitute a legislative achievement… Hitler gave rousing speeches too. (This quality does not make a great leader.)

I’ll be standing by for the accomplishment data. Thanks.

Posted by EverybodyLovesReagan | Report as abusive

Barbra, we clearly have different tastes in men, but I still love you.

Posted by Battlecat | Report as abusive

Ms Streisand has never been accused of having any common sense. Only people lacking in common sense would support Obama!

Posted by Terry | Report as abusive

quote:
“Barack has awakened in many of us the notion that we can again be hopeful, enabling us to believe that we are capable of lifting our brothers and sisters out of poverty”
——————————————————-
Uumm, is this the same person who let their own mother live/die in a California poor house for years on end without lifting a finger to help her, in spite of her own ungodly wealth?
Thought so.

Posted by alan | Report as abusive

Well that settles it! Now I have no doubt who to vote for! If Barbara like Obama, I will vote John Mc Cain.

Posted by rank | Report as abusive

My God! Is she still alive? I feels like her grave opens up with every election. Why is it that people pay any heed to singers and actors? I honestly thought that she had left the country when GWB was elected.

Posted by Johannes Tromp | Report as abusive

I thought she promised to leave the country after Bush was elected. Whatever happened to that? Just proves she’s a typical democrat: all talk, no action.

Posted by EverybodyLovesReagan | Report as abusive

Chris,

I too have asked, and asked, and asked! Obama supporters have no valid reason for voting for him. NO ONE has been able to give me even 5 VALID accomplishments, he has achieved since become a Senator, that would qualify him to be considered Presidential material. I am like you, I do not care what color, race or religion a candidate is. I WANT TO KNOW HIS/HER QUALIFICATIONS.

Posted by rank | Report as abusive

I wish Mike Meyers played babs in real life.

Posted by Ha'vey | Report as abusive

Who is Barbara Streisand??

Posted by Hollywood | Report as abusive

Darlene,

Here is your chance! Please give me 5 valid accomplishments Obama has made, since becoming a Senator, that qualifies him as a Presidential candidate?
Being Black is not valid. The promises he makes are not valid. I want to hear someone that supports Obama come forth with 5 or more VALID accomplishments! I ahve asked many before, and NO ONE has answered.

Posted by rank | Report as abusive

What do you expect from a high school dropout?

Posted by Sam | Report as abusive

Guess I know who I won’t be voting for this year!!Anyone or anything Barbra supports I will be sure not to support. Oh yeah, please put your money where your ugly mouth is by moving to another country

Posted by Margaret Simmons | Report as abusive

Now I know Barack is even more of a danger to America than I thought, If this moron likes him-wow we’re in deep doggy poo.

Posted by Jimmy | Report as abusive

What a laugh! When she says “we” she really means the federal government spending “our” tax dollars to keep welfare alive and kicking, while “she” hords her millions and lives behind security gates designed to keep out the very people that she feels so hopeful that “we” are now going to be capable of helping and that, apparently, she has been incapable of helping!!

I need a drink.

Posted by T.B. Baxter | Report as abusive

Who cares – since when is BABS an authority on anything – she and the Balwins still live here don’t they and suck up whatever they can out of this country nop matter who’s in charge ?

Posted by les faiman | Report as abusive

Well, any idiot has a right to their idiotic opinions…and Babs is certainly an idiot. Hey…I thought her and her loafer husband lived in Canada…!

Posted by T.Mock | Report as abusive

Old BS would be very surprised at what might happen if BO happened to be elected. First, whitey democrats will be on the outside looking in so BS will not be among the first tier friends of BO as she was with the clintons. The rich will be pitted against the dependent class so those like BS will be hated. The tax increases will hurt BS as much as the rest of us. BO supporters are not the ones that go to BS concerts so her entertainment appeal will go to zero. BS will be very angry in the long run.

Posted by The Pope | Report as abusive

oh my gosh….Barbara speaks–I definitely dont listen–she is so far from reality that she needs to just stay at home. These tree hugging liberal hollywood types need to just shut up and go away-they think anyone takes them, remotely seriously…?

NO, people think you are a joke with your views. I used to LOVE your singing–but since you decided to use your status to express your crazy political agenda-I wouldn’t listen to you sing if you were the last singer on earth.The same goes with oprah, dixie chicks etc etc–you became famous for your voice and now it has cut your throat because you abused it.

Posted by KKC | Report as abusive

Streisand has vowed to leave the country in previous elections and hasn’t lived up to her word. Does anyone remember the slogan “America: Love it or Leave it”? Go babs go!!

Posted by CR - Dallas | Report as abusive

Let’s “Hope” Barbara shuts up this time and doesn’t associate too closely to Obama She has a way of turning people off to candidates.

Posted by Clinton James | Report as abusive

That old bag would endorse Satan himself if he wore a Democrat Liberal tag. Does anyone care who she endorses?
Isn’t she as relevant as last week’s newspaper?
Even her voice is gone along with her senses.

Posted by JOEL GOODMAN | Report as abusive

and take that fat head A….Baldwin with you….oh, I, forgot, you’re still here?????????????????????

Posted by S. Cassidy | Report as abusive

Send in the clowns?…she’s already here…why didn’t she leave the country like she said she would? Look at he responses Barb. Can’t you take a hint…nobody wants you at the party!

Posted by Mike | Report as abusive

She is just a great singing libtard nutcase! Who really cares what she has to say…..its all crap anyways.

She should just move to another country. Obviously she doesnt like this one!

Posted by timtan | Report as abusive

Yes we can – do anything! However, it shouldn’t take a President to make us aware of this fact. America has shown the world in 230 years we are the leading pioneers and seeds of innovation. People who believe a presidential candidate is the way to hope, prosperity, or change, have forgotten that government is by the people, for the people – change and hope exists in each citizen. No matter how appealing this anti-American elitist is or how much he complains about how nasty America is – think about his (and your) life and compare it to those around the world.

Stop letting elites, who don’t contribute anything to America but flatus, tell you how miserable you are, how unhappy you should be or how you should live your life. Enjoy America and all the glory it affords.

Posted by Cognoscenti247 | Report as abusive

Barbara Streisand is, or was, a fantastic musician and comic. She earned a lot of money for her efforts, and she worked hard for it.
I absolutely fail to see how her opinion is more important than mine, and why the puerile, self-serving, brainless media has to promote her, or any “celebrity” above the rest of the people in this country. Is it laziness, stupidity, or an attempt to manipulate the culture?

Posted by Jubal | Report as abusive

WHY did you even post such a story?! Barbra Streisand thinks she is superior to the rest of the planet and THINKS we value her opinion. I couldn’t possibly care less what this ignorant woman thinks! I’m not voting for Obama anyway, but to have her endorsement is like being stung with a hundred scorpions.

WHO CARES

Posted by Tony F | Report as abusive

Hey Obama Supporters….

I have put forth this challenge many times, and have yet to receive an answer. Most recently I asked Darlene on this post, and again NO ANSWER. Well, here goes again…

Being Black is not valid. The promises he makes are not valid. I want to hear someone that supports Obama come forth with 5 or more VALID accomplishments! I have asked many before, and NO ONE has answered.

Posted by rank | Report as abusive

Weren’t you one of the knuckle dragging, Paleo-liberals who promised to leave the U.S. if Bush was elected??? Why are you still here?

Posted by James X | Report as abusive

Could she not just stick to singing and acting?

Posted by Dianne | Report as abusive

I love RICH Democrats who tell us the Democrats will save us. No, they will bankrupt us, only Barbara will continue to have MILLIONS after the tax man cometh.

I remember Babs helping out in a soup kitchen once, she was serving soup to the homeless ( NY City) to show her compassion. Only thing is, she just lent her image to the event, not her $$$$ Millions$$$$, she just wanted to public to give your money.

The woman has no morals. During a recent concert, she stopped the music and started her DEMOCRAT rant, a paid patron stood up, told her to shut up and sing, they hadn’t paid for a political announcement, just singing. He was removed and throw out of the concert, no refund.

What a classy lady, do as I say, not as I do. Typical Democrat.

Posted by Yellow Dog | Report as abusive

I just followed her link in the story. There is no place to send comments, just order crap and hear her rants.

I’m sure 98% of any response she would receive would be negative.

Posted by Yellow Dog | Report as abusive

Idiot, fool, gullible. As far as “we” goes, I heard a lib caller on the radio the other day. Asked whether the government should bail out people who cannot pay their mortgages he replied, “yes, otherwise the taxpayers will have to…..” Duh!

Any we are supposed to be surprised by this ??? And where in the Constitution does it say that everyone has a right to healthcare ? How many sick people has she helped lately ? And lifting our poor brothers and sisters out of poverty ? Poverty and being “poor” is a state of mind – these people are broke and broke for a reason – they have not applied themselves at the level necessary to avoid being broker.

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

Babs is still as nutty as ever. If she suggested that we never vote for a reptile for presedent I would vote for the reptile.

Sticking her nose in… oh heck never mind. If she reads this an breaths in we will al be out of air.

Posted by rank | Report as abusive

Who cares? Apparently every one of you who took the time to post on this issue. If it didn’t matter to you, you wouldn’t have clicked on the article AND spent the time posting a comment.

1) For the record an Elite is someone who is the most accomplished person in his or her field. We have an elite military and the most elite scientists in the world. To call Senator Obama elite is to acknowledge that he is one of the best our country has to offer.

He and his wife worked hard for everything they have. They sacrificed “hanging out”, partying and being slackers to go to the library and study. Even with all their student loans, they went on to law school and were brilliant. Unlike George W. Bush, whom barely got anything higher than C’s in school and had to have his parents bribe the addmissions committee just to get his butt in. Taking the place of another student who was better and brighter. Bush’s only jobs in life also were given to him by his parents. He managed to bankrupt every company he ever took over. Being born with a silver spoon in your mouth allows you to be a slacker your entire life and still become president of the United States- a job previously reserved for an elite person.

Just because he was smarter than the average person and managed to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time is a reason to respect him not insult him. Republican Bobby Jindal of Louisiana is also an Elite person, he is only 36 years old and is the youngest person ever to be elected governor. He was elected secretary of health at the age of 24. They are both smart people with great judgement. I don’t hear any bashing of Governor Jindal by the media or blogs for his youth or “in-experience”.

Senator McCain is also an elite person. He excelled in the military and has also been an excellent senator, making a name for himself.

2) The reason that you are poor and have no jobs is due to the 7 years of republican mismangement. Bush and the republican congress have taken all the surplus from the country and washed it down the drain with nothing to show for it. After running out of money, they got credit cards from China and other countries and have run up the tab like a drunken sailor. Leaving our gengeration and our children’s generation with the burden of paying off the bill (plus interest) China now owns 25% of the U.S.A. That’s how you pay for a war costing a billion/WEEK and cutting taxes for 1% of the population. As you can see, getting C’s and D’s in math made Bush believe 1+1=7.

3) Contrary to popular delusions, any economist will tell you that you can’t live the rest of your life on credit cards, sooner or later your house, cars, and everything you own will be taken to pay off your debt, e.g. the united states of China.

A government is set up to collect taxes from the people and pay for their needs: fixing roads, paying for a military, paying employees, public transportation, police officers, public education etc.

If a government decides that the lowest paid workers in the country should pay 100% of taxes and the wealthiest 1% left alone, it not only gets bankrupted it becomes Russia after the soviet union fell apart with no jobs or food.

Trickle-down economics has been shown to be a failure both during the 80′s and during Bush’s 7-years. The income of CEO’s countinues to grow in leaps, while the income of their workers moves rapidly in the opposite direction. How many of you have been fired and paid millions of dollars as a parting gift?
Every time a CEO is fired, thousands of workers have to be laid off to pay for the ex-CEO’s parting “gift”. Lack of regulations in the businness world by republicans have lead up to crazy costs in gas, the housing crisis, poor control in the FDA, and many, many other important parts of the American infrusture.

4) The dollar is falling like crazy, cost of food, transportation, clothing is out of country.
Are American’s better off today than they were 10 years ago (prior to Republican control)? No.

5) Freedom, justice, freedom of the press and the American way, has suffered greatly under Republican rule.
Republicans USED to stand for small government, personal privacy, and self determination.
Our government has grown larger under Bush than any past Democratic leader, the republicans want to intrude on every aspect of people’s private lives, from spying in your bedroom to your bank account to our doctor’s office.
They have shown poor judgement in hiring ELITE people, and settling for buddies who are incompetent and can’t even program a microwave.

5) Moral Republicans is like saying saintly prostitues. What part of cheating the elderly, the poor, and workers out of their funds is moral. Greed is not a virtue. Pro-family? In the primaries, only 1 republican was divorce-free, the rest were on their 2nd, 3rd or 4th wives. For some of us who are catholic that says it all.
Even McCain, left his wife during her time of suffering from cancer to hang out with Cindy (but to be fair, McCain has never jumped on the morality train or pretended to be what he isn’t).

How do republicans claim to be pro-life but fight for the right to let our soliders die daily in Iraq, fight to kill people in jail, allow children to die from malnutrion, or remain unadopted. I guess they are “pro-life” until you go from a fetus to a completely birthed human being, thus Pro-fetus but not pro-live born.

6) You want to know what Senator Obama stands for and his policies? Take the wax out of your ears and listen to an entire speech instead of a sound bite. Watched any of the 17 debates during the primaries? Read a newspaper, policy websites, or his website and you will get over 20 pages of specific policy plans and details.
Furthermore, he has published TWO books on every detail of his personal life and his policies. From those sources, you would have learned what his comments on the supreme court ruling meant: that he is against the death penalty except when it comes to crimes against children-including rape. But also respects the ruling of the judicial branch of government.

Whenever, I hear someone say that they don’t know any thing about Senator Obama, I assume that they are either blind, deaf, or just illiterate.

Posted by stampede | Report as abusive

This one’s for you “rank” – you asked for it:

No Democrat, including Senator Hillary Clinton has been able to do one hell of a lot that meets the accomplishment benchmark of “passed legislation” in a time of unending, record-setting Republican obstructionism.

Obama has been in the Senate for three years, two of which were spent with a Republican majority that would not even let legislation sponsored by Democrats reach the floor for a vote and, on the few occasions where Bill Frist granted such a luxury, Republicans shot down most Democratic initiatives with extreme prejudice.

In the current (110th) Congress, the Republican minority has blocked everything but the Senate chaplain’s morning prayer and is on pace by a wide margin to filibuster more legislation than any Senate in U.S. history.

And there’s the answer that the Texas state senator should have given on Tuesday night in response to Matthews’ badgering. He should have been able to list just a few of Obama’s legislative efforts but, far more importantly, he should have been in tune enough with the national legislative scene to say “Chris, have you been watching the U.S. Senate the last few years?”

He could then have gone on to discuss how Republicans have had a significant Senate majority for most of this young century and, during the brief periods Democrats have held a razor-thin edge, the GOP has made damn sure that the Democratic side of the aisle has no “legislative accomplishments” to hang their hats on in election years.

There you go, “rank”.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Okay “rank” here’s where I ask you to do the same thing.

If you think Obama should have 5 accomplishments that qualify him for President in his 4 years in the Senate, then please give me 27 accomplishments of McCain’s that qualify him for President – after all, he’s been in Congress for 26 years now.

And, no, being associated with the Keating 5 does not count as one of the 27.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

What is the purpose of this story? Are we to lend any more credence to the opinion of an over the hill singer/actress than that of anyone else in this country?

Posted by Terry | Report as abusive

Streisand backs Obama — duh!

Posted by normal | Report as abusive

And, “rank”, since you asked nicely, here’s your list:

1) Senator Obama’s fight for universal children’s health care in Illinois.
2) His success bringing Republicans and Democrats together on bills such as the one in Illinois requiring police interrogations and confessions to be videotaped.
3) His leadership on ethics reform in Washington (the bill that lobbyists and special interests are complaining about right now has his name on it).
4) His bill to make the federal budget far more transparent and accessible to Americans via the Internet — we could use that openness in Texas.
5) And his vital work with Republicans to lock down nuclear weapons around the world.

There you go.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Please tell me you haven’t picked up your ball and gone home, “rank”.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Streisand supporting a democrat? Say it isn’t so!

Posted by networth | Report as abusive

Hey homeboy, Rank asked for 5 reasons barack hussein obama is qualified to be President. I wouldn’t hire this bozo to pick my dogs poop. Not one of your reasons qualifies him. Nice try though.

Posted by Joe | Report as abusive

B.S. may buy the Obama B.S. and in all likelihood enough sheeple out there will buy the ‘Hope and Change’ B.S., but what isn’t B.S. is that Obama will make Jimmy Carter like halfway competent.

I’m not a John McCain fan, but B. Hussain Obama will severly damage this country, especially with the socialist dems in charge of congress.

- No country EVER taxed itself into prosperity.
- No country EVER regulated itself into prosperity.
- No government program (at any level) is achieving its goals.
- No government program (at any level) is staying within its budget.

Obama is big government tax and spend. He talks change, but he’s a rehash of LBS’s failed policies. It’s like he copied LBJ’s memoires and put a cover stating “Obama’s Policies for Change” on it. It’s becoming a cliche, but the truth is change is all you’ll have left in your pocket.

Posted by John Hunter | Report as abusive

YAAWWNN!

Posted by satch | Report as abusive

And…. we even CARE what she thinks because what? She is a leadership and policy expert due to her career as a SINGER???

Posted by Cliff D. | Report as abusive

Four biggest reasons to be afraid of a “President Obama”:

#1: Obama has gotten the endorsements recently of Qaddifi, Kim Jong Il, Castro and Hamas! American liberals see this as a resume enhancement. (Did I forget any terrorists? All we need now is Achmedinajad’s endorsement.)

#2: He has stated his first priority as president will be shutting down of our nuclear defense system and will “have discussions” with extremist countries. He has no intention of protecting the American people.

#3: Obama is a muslim who will say whatever he has to for the White House. Considering that he has surrounded himself with hate-speech radicals (including the wifey.), I have yet to be persuaded he is worthy of running this country.

#4: The beheaders have said over and over they want to take over the US from within the White House. This is a very real possibility with Obama. And there are enough brainless twits in America who, if they can contain themselves from “fainting” on election day, will vote for him and probably get him elected. What better way to invoke change than to put a radical muslim in the White House?

The stupidity on the part of Obamassiah’s followers, and the destructive intentions of O himself, should have us all very afraid.

…but “change” is all that matters.

Posted by EverybodyLovesReagan | Report as abusive

Not that I needed one, but there’s another reason not to vote for this socialist.

Posted by Joe | Report as abusive

Nice try Joe, but you’re wrong. If I came up with 10 of the most ironclad reasons in the world, you wouldn’t admit it. Can you give me 27 accomplishments that qualify McCain?? After all, he’s been in Congress for 26 years. I’ll be here waiting.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

As if there weren’t already enough reasons to vote against Barack Hussein Obama we get this caveat. Streisand is at the very top of the list of the most clueless people on the planet. She is an idiot and that’s being kind.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

EverybodyLovesReagan (not):

Do you really believe Obama is a Muslim?? Is that why there was such a big flap over his CHRISTIAN pastor of over 20 years??

If you really believe that, I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona to give to you.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Yet another reason to vote for Senator John McCain!

I’m not the biggest McCain fan in the world, but at least he:

1. Won’t leave our military high and dry
2. Will fight the war on radical islam efficiently
3. Will be trustworthy during a terrorist attack on US soil (and if you don’t think that’s an absolute, you’re kidding yourself.)

Obama will not do any of the above. VOTE FOR MCCAIN!

Posted by EverybodyLovesReagan | Report as abusive

I bet most of you who think Obama is a muslim also live in Appalachia and visit Elvis regularly, too.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

I’m still waiting for 27 accomplishments of McCain’s that qualify him to be President…

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Yes, I believe he’s a muslim. Absolutely. And that “pastor” you’re referring to is no Christian.

Posted by EverybodyLovesReagan | Report as abusive

It won’t matter if our military is high and dry. It will be spread so far out in various conflicts under McCain that it won’t be effective.

EverybodyLovesReagan(not):

Have you ever heard of snopes.com? It’s an objective website that investigates various claims people make. Here is what they say regarding the claim that Obama is a muslim:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/mus lim.asp

EverybodyLovesReagan(not):

Why do you believe that Obama is a muslim? What evidence do you have to support that belief? And please respond with more than “his name” – that’s passe by now.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

I don’t like Obama’s former pastor either, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a Christian. No one knows the heart of anyone else as to that matter. And I’m sure he didn’t spend 30 years at that church because he really didn’t believe in Christianity.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Since this is obviously a right-wing website and full of McCain supporters, let me ask this question:

What about Senator McCain excites you and makes you want to vote for him?

I’m asking this seriously, because I just don’t see anything there.

EverybodyLovesReagan(not):

Regarding the statement that McCain will be trustworthy during a terrorist attack – you do realize that you’re calling someone “trustworthy” who can’t even keep the Shia and the Sunni straight, right? Joe Lieberman won’t be there to help McCain during the debates.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

In other news, the sky is blue, water is wet, ice is cold and Babs is STILL AN INSUGNIFICANT HOLLYWOOD MORON!

Posted by kirk | Report as abusive

Here are several reasons why Obama will not only win in November, but will garner at least 400 electoral votes:

57% of the American public has a positive view of the Democratic Party; 39% of the Republican party. 53% want a Democratic congress; 32% a Republican congress. These gaps are the largest ever recorded (last 40 years or so) even during the years when Reagan got 500 electoral votes (1984) and the Republicans took 50+ seats in the House in 1994, or when Jimmy Carter beat Gerald Ford in 1976. There is not a single key issue where the public feels that the Republicans can do a better job than the Democrats, including terrorism, military readiness, foreign policy, the economy – the issues where they used to lead by wide margins.

Bush’s approval rating is heading for 25% in nearly all polls; McCain will not be able to disassociate himself from Bush after voting with him 100% of the time in 2008 and 95% of the time in 2007. Only 52% of Republicans are satisfied with him as the nominee; evangelicals are bailing. The Ron Paul/Bob Barr effect may be very significant, particularly in the south.

The housing sub prime lending crisis will hit its high-water mark in September or October with perhaps a half million homes under foreclosure during each of these months alone. The price of gas may come down, with Saudi and oil company cooperation, to $3.50 a gallon – not exactly a price the public is going to want to cheer.

The Republican Congressional campaign committee has about $6 million; the Dem side about $45 million; the Republicans, because of the audit of the $750,000 theft by their treasurer, will not be allowed to borrow any money until the audit is completed.

The Senate campaign committee situation is nearly as good with the Dems holding twice as much money as the Republicans and the Republicans having 23 seats to defend, of which 15 or so are vulnerable, to 12 for the Dems, with only seat even remotely in danger (Landrieu is leading by six in the latest polling). Republican leaders, in an effort to reduce expectations, are already talking about losing 8 Senate seats. It is too early for them to be upping the ante on Democrats’ expectations; the 8 loss figure actually means they are very concerned that they might lose 12 or more.

Obama will not accept federal financing, because he will be able to raise upwards of $500 million for the fall campaign, while McCain will have difficulty raising one fifth of that, assuming he doesn’t use public financing.

Current polling shows that Obama is ahead nationally by 5-7 points in nearly all major polls; 12 percent in the latest LA Times poll (which could be an outlier).

Individual state polling shows Obama well ahead in states that figured to be close; unusually close in red states that Bush took by 20+ points in 2004 (Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, even Wyoming). Even in the south, Obama is poised to make it a battle (that the Republicans will need to spend a lot of money to avoid losing) in South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, Virginia and Louisiana. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa are tending in Obama’s direction, where he already leads. Even McCain said that Arizona could go Obama’s way. Add Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, and Montana to the list. Obama is already leading or close in the most recent Florida polling, he is going to win Texas – mark my words.

McCain has clearly shown that he will not be able to run a good campaign. He will certainly be helped by the Swiftboating crowd, who are running his “Truth Squad”; Obama’s wife will be treated like they used to treat Hillary, but the mood of the country is such that these kinds of Rovian attacks won’t work as well as in the past. McCain’s campaign organization borders on disastrous. The reaction to Clark’s and Webb comments that being a POW is not a qualification for president is a act of desperation.

Obama has clearly shown that he is masterful at campaign organization; his takeover of the DNC and moving its key operations to Chicago is unprecedented. The Obama campaign is already sending thousands of volunteers for six week periods to states that are not normally in play to organize block by block, county by county. His is the most sophisticated political organization in American history.

Still not convinced? The two major political betting sites have Obama a 2-1 favorite; Right Track/Wrong Track polling shows 18% of the American public think we are on the right track; 82% (a record) think we are on the wrong track. Republicans are beginning to criticize McCain for doing nothing for four months to help the down ticket candidates; he even cancelled appearances with the RNCC and RSCC which were to help raise funds for other Republicans. The generic Presidential ballot poll is 50 for Democrats; 40 for Republicans. Bush financial backers are staying away from McCain in large numbers and Wall Street contributors are backing Obama 2-1 according to the New York Daily News analysis (these guys usually know where to put their money). And the real kicker: 68% believe that McCain is too much like Bush; let’s go back to Bush’s 25% approval rating…

Obama wins this, in a HUGE way.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

And this is news how??? Nobody really cares what she thinks, but do care that a major news service cares! What idiocy!

Posted by Jennifer | Report as abusive

Supported by Fidal Castro, Jane Fonda, Luis Farrahkan and now Barrbara Streisand.
Wow…. this guy must be good.

Posted by Garland | Report as abusive

I’m confused, I thought Barbra fled the US after Bush was elected ??
And truthfully it doesn’t matter what some movie star says.
What matters is what the candidate says. All the Obama supporters need to listen very carefully to what he says, he isn’t going to DO what you think you hear him say he is going to do.

Posted by tankfixer | Report as abusive

Homeboy:
I want to have a dialogue with you. Please respond to some of the issues I have with Obama. How do you explain Obama’s flip flop on his church? He attended that church for 20 years. Jeremiah Wright is without question a radical leftist and has made numerous hateful racist comments yet Obama says he wasn’t aware? Barack steps up to the plate and says he won’t distance himself from his church or his pastor who performed his marriage and baptised his children. When polls show his association with that church and Wright is hurting him he immediately distances himself from the church and his pastor. This man will do anything or say anything to get elected. There can be no other explanation. Obama has done nothing except write a book and get elected to the Senate. He hasn’t done anything that I know of except run for the Presidency for the past 3 or 4 years. I’m probably going to vote for John McCain and I have plenty of issues with him but there is no way I could ever vote for Obama. I will be voting against Obama. He’s an empty suit that is good at public speaking but his credentials stop there.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

Rank..

I am formulating something now….having to do with change…and hope…something you can believe in…

Five “valid” reasons Barack should be president.

1. He is an eloquent speaker.

2. He is smart.

3. He cares.

4. He knows powerful people.

5. He can unify the nation.

Ok…so no, can’t come up with valid reasons….but hey, you can’t deny that powerful rhetoric has got him quite far.

I am just alarmed that most Americans believe these things qualify anyone to hold any position of leadership.

Imagine being trained for president without ever having to leave a classroom…when did real world experience, hands-on action, tangible results, constitutional respect, anti-communism ideals, pro-freedom, and ability to make sound decisions on the fly leave the capacity of the person we deem responsible of filling our highest leadership role.

I hope those who believe their vote is useless in their conservative state will register to vote and vote anti-socialism even if they oppose the conservative platform. I myself have never voted, being from Texas, but I feel that if I am to truly disapprove of an Obama presidency, I must use my vote even though the electoral college does not require my vote to go Republican. I am hoping an overwhelming majority of popular vote goes for McCain, hate him or love him, cause the thought of my taxes going to help someone who is to lazy to work is just to much. Popular vote will send a clear message, separate from the electoral vote. At the least, it would prove to me that the majority of Americans aren’t lazy slobs who favor socialism over hard work and freedom.

If not, I’m all for a Secession from the US and a renewal of the Republic of Texas. We will trade with other small countries like Oklahoma and Montana(no doubt they will secede as well). Perhaps Oklahoma would be open to combining into one nation, two separate states. I believe we have the resources to be a highly prosperous country. And if we stop illegal immigration into our country, we will have plenty of land and resources to accommodate the hardworking people. And we could create a lasting infrastructure instead of this stupid “Trans-Texas Corridor” that has been proposed. Maybe we must first overthrough the Texas legislature…Oklahoma seems to have their crap together..Nice job on the warning to the Feds, better late than never to let them know someone still feels they are overstepping their rights. States’ Power!

I even support California seceding and becoming their own independent nation. They should be able to do what they want, moral or not. I disagree with everything California stands for, but if their people support it, all my best wishes. You deserve every right afforded to you by the constitution, and denial of marriage is not up to the federal government. It is a states issue and if the majority want it, it should be made so. Don’t like it, move somewhere better suited to your beliefs..there are plenty of places where differing ideals are widespread and welcome.

Posted by Karlthomas | Report as abusive

Ping -

Please go back and read my responses at 7:13 and 7:26 above for my thoughts on Obama’s accomplishments. Also, please read response #6 in the post by stampede at 7:11 for an even better response than what I have put forth. The man has accomplished a ton – but people who don’t want to see it won’t see it.

Let me ask you in turn – what do you think McCain has done in his 26 years in Congress to justify becoming President??

Also, as far as Obama’s pastor. 20 years is a long time to speak. I’m sure if you wrote down everything I said over 20 years I’ve probably said some crazy things also. Yet my friends keep being my friends, despite not agreeing with everything I say. You don’t have to agree with everything someone says to still have a friendship with them, you know.

You may see this as a flip-flop, but he did reject those statements. What else would you like him to do? And McCain isn’t exactly a virgin at flip-flopping.

Ping –

This is what “stampede” said above about Obama’s views and accomplishments, and it’s totally accurate:

Karlthomas-

Do you really believe that there is a realistic possibility of several states seceding? Because I bet there’s almost no one in the entire country who does. Ain’t gonna happen.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

Who cares what Babs thinks??? If no one cares, why do the right wing flaks go absolutely bananas every time she utters a word about politics? She certainly has the right to express her views at least as much as any of the folks here going blue in the face. In fact, she does something they don’t: she puts her money where her mouth is. She is one of the biggest givers and biggest fund-raisers for liberal causes. How dare she express her viewpoint. What does she think this is, a free country? Like her or not she is nearly the top selling female artist of all times, just a few records behind Elvis. She is a great success in her profession. I guess that alone drives losers nuts.

Posted by Marty | Report as abusive

Barbra Streisand backing Obama is definately going to be “The way we were” because if he wins, our country will never be the same again. It will be an ongoing race issue each and every day because of some group trying to get him to support it because of his background. Reverend Wright is a small example of how the media will blow up an issue like I mentioned.

Posted by Keith | Report as abusive

This will be a great Pres. election.
It’s funny how you dont hear alot of Mc Cain backing on TALK RADIO BUT …you hear Hannity’s”Stop Obama Express”..
Limbaugh’s also OBSESSED with Obama….Obama has em SCARED and i LOVE IT!!!!OBAMA IS THE NEXT PREZ.
They should be happy…they’ll have another 8 years of MAKING MILLLIONS!!!!
FACE IT…A MCCAIN PRESIDENCY WOULD BE BORING..JUST LIKE HIS CAMPAIGN….AT LEAST OBAMA HAS AMERICA’S ATTENTION.
WAKE ME UP AFTER GRANPA JOHNNY’S SPEECH.

Posted by TOO FUNNY | Report as abusive

Obama has the most radical voting record in the Senate. I have many issues with McCain but they pale in comparison to Obama. We haven’t touched on Rezko yet. As far as I’m concerned his only accomplishment is defeating Clinton but if I was a democrat I wouldn’t get too worked up about that victory. Hillary may be the most polarizing political figure in my lifetime. It amazes me he has come this far with so little. I guess we’ll see how far the hope and change rhetoric will take him. If he should win and he has a democratic congress it will interesting to see how he and congress perform. I’ve seen this before, the tide can turn quickly. Personally, I don’t like for one party to have control. They get lazy and greedy. This will be an interesting election. The left appear confident they have this one in the bag. I wouldn’t be too sure. The approval rating of the democratic controlled congress is lower than low.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

That did it. I was a pole sitter waiting to see all the
positions this summer before deciding. Babbs decision has sealed my vote for McCain. What she is for I am automatically against because it will be better for the
world (not only) our country. Richard

Posted by richard | Report as abusive

Hellboy, one more thing – I never said I didn’t know anything about Obama and I don’t have wax in my ears, thanks for asking. I had hopes you would stay away from personal attacks. Negative personal attacks tend to lesson the effects of good debate. I read volumes, probably more than I should.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

Ping –

For a point by point recitation of why McCain has absolutely zero chance to when this election, see my post above at 8:16. This isn’t even going to be close. The Dems could run Madonna and win against McCain this year. All of the headwinds favor the Democrats.

I agree with your thought about one party being in control of everything being a bad thing. I think that’s why we’re in the situation we are now – one party controlled everything from 2000-2006.

You’re free to believe Obama hasn’t accomplished anything, just as I’m free to believe he has accomplished a substantial amount in his time in State Senate and the Federal Senate. We can agree to disagree. And, as mentioned above, NO Democrat has really accomplished a heck of a lot in Congress due to partisan politics.

Question: What do you feel McCain has accomplished that merits being President? And are you excited about him? Do you have concerns about his age, his mental deterioration, his flip-flops, etc?? I think his VP selection might look better than him by comparison. I have concerns about electing a 72 year old to do the most important job in the world at such a critical time. After all, even the Medicare program says it’s time to retire at 70!!

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

I expected nothing less from this arrogant, wealthy leftist who has demonstrated that she is totally out of touch with the real world (Along with the rest of the Liberals).

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

Ping –

That wasn’t something I was saying to you as far as not knowing anything and having wax in your ears. I don’t attack people like that. Go look at that post – I said this was something SOMEONE ELSE said earlier in the discussion. I was just repeating it for the other information contained in it and that was in there also. I didn’t say it, and in no way was it directed to you.

Ping –

Do you believe Obama is a Muslim?? I’m fascinated that some people still think that – apparently a lot of posters on this site do. That amazes me – I wonder if they still believe the earth is flat and is at the center of the world.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

As far as I’m concerned he isn’t Muslim. I try really hard to keep race and religion out of the mix. I can understand how some people could say he has Muslim ties because of his father, his upbringing and his name. Has anyone directly asked him that question? If they did I missed it.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

Gee who is Striesand? Oh I remember now. She was that ugly old woman who live in a mansion in California who said she was leaving the country if George Bush were elected President. Message to Striesand George W. Bush has been elected twice. Are you still here.
What a shock the she is backing Obama.

Posted by northstar | Report as abusive

Homeboy,
Regarding McCain – I am not overly excited by him and I have many concerns about him including his age. I am a conservative and I try to think with an open mind. McCain is not a conservative, neither is Bush for that matter. His choice for running mate is crucial for him to have a real chance to win in my opinion. I have considered sitting this election out pending his choice for V.P. but I believe everyone should cast a vote. What concerns me is the American public has so few good choices for public office. are these two guys the best we can do? On the other hand, even if I was qualified I could never run for office. I couldn’t handle the partisan politics or sleep at night and I would never want to put my family through that ordeal.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

His father left his life when he was a small boy, and he has about as much control over what his name is as you did what your name is. In other words, none. His mother is also a white woman from Kansas, but does anyone ever take that into consideration given that she raised him. No.

Ping –

You’re right – what we have to choose from certainly ISN’T the best this country can do. But for a variety of reasons, most of the most qualified people don’t run. I know I would never be interested – I don’t want to give up my life like that and be under a magnifying glass all the time. You’re right that McCain’s VP selection is crucial given his age. I’ve found in interesting that Bobby Jindal (Gov of Louisiana) is often mentioned, and no one seems to be concerned about his lack of experience (he’s 36), yet he’s much more inexperienced than Obama. And it isn’t guaranteed he would never become President, given McCain’s age. I used to like McCain back in 2000, but I think that McCain is no more. Now he’s a shell of what he was, and he doesn’t know what to do with himself given the constituencies he has to win over and his pre-existing views on things.

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

In a way I feel McCain believes he was entitled to get the nod from his party as did Hillary. McCain has a pretty big ego. If he believes he can pull this off with his credentials only then he’s fooling himself. From a conservative standpoint he has to pick a solid running mate but his ego is such that I wouldn’t be surprised by anything he does. Regardless, I’m not sure how much change we will actually see regardless of who gets elected. Obama needs to be careful about what he promises. If he does win his supporters are going to want to see him pull out of Iraq immediately. I’m not so sure that will be easy for him to accomplish after he sits in the big chair and has all the facts in front of him. Bush said as much to all the candidates a while back but it didn’t get much attention. We shall see.

Posted by Ping2007 | Report as abusive

I suppose BS is one of the 12% supporting this loser congress.

Posted by Darrell | Report as abusive

Ping –

Yes, it will be interesting, to say the least! I always think that people promise the world, but then when they actually get into office they realize there are a lot of obstacles to delivering on everything. Hopefully whoever wins will be able to improve the economy and our security and standing in the world.

I’m leaving work now so am outta here. I’ve enjoyed talking to you – best of luck!

Posted by homeboy | Report as abusive

I guess the weight chalanged lady has sung, does that mean that the BO is finished?

Posted by navy65 | Report as abusive

We better think long and hard about how we can win America back. We don’t have billions of dollars so we have to make a plan now. Strength in numbers and voices and votes is all that we have. I still believe in Hillary and Bill Clinton. They are a polital team with an impressive history, like them or not, jealous or not. Chelsea Clinton is a warm, intellegent, sophicated young lady who, I believe, would be a caring leader- especially for our young people who need all the guidance they can get. I would be proud to have them in the Whitehouse. Hillary Clinton has plans to make America a better and safer place. And she has the hard-working, tax-paying Heartland of America backing her. She is our only chance to get out of these never-ending “boy toy” wars and back to at least “hope” for peace. I will be writing-in Hillary Rodham Clinton on my ballot in November and I’m hoping at least 18 million others will help me to “Win America Back”

Posted by Not giving up | Report as abusive

Who cares what a movie star or singer says about politics. What do they know. Most of them are high on drugs or booze. I do not understand why the press sees the need to publish what these people have to say. I do not need someone else opinion to make my decision. If I can not make a decision on my own then I do not need to vote.

Uh Oh, I may have to vote McCain now

Posted by Nick | Report as abusive

July 4th 2008 — Senator Barack Obama, a USA Citizens, Senator of the United States, with his Community Work, inside knowledge of realities at this time for the United Sates. He is the only person we, as Senior Citizens and veterans, we trust, we understand, he knows the realities of present life in the Nation. For these and more, actions based on the Constitution of the US, the roots of the independence written in part by the Great Thomas Jefferson, we see the urgent requirements, to initiate efforts to regain the Constitutional Respect, and with these acts, the respect of the REST OF THE WORLD THAT HAS BEEN LOST. Senator Obama, in the press abroad, that we read every day, we don’t have language problems, – so we understand the grave loss of US Prestige Every Where. Senator Obama, will have huge work – to return the prestige we have lost. He is the only untainted human persons capable to perform this task. A task of diplomacy, humanity, respect for all nations, their citizens, religions, and lives. We as Seniors, hope for the best in his efforts in this humanitarian task. I am certain that Barbara Streisand will add to the Senator’s success. She expressed her faith in the many films she acted.

Ben Rodriguez (July 4). Your written statements have all the clarity of a Nigerian 419 Scam Letter.

Posted by James X | Report as abusive

Dearest Barbra love your husband, love your movies, love your songs, can’t say I love anything else.
Benigna Marko

Posted by Benigna Marko | Report as abusive

Wow..over 200 negative commments on an article of barely 200 words. Sort of sad to see that so many of you take time to actually write all these negative remarks. Get a live I would say. Love Babs and love the fact that she’ll raise millions for Obama.

Posted by Mark | Report as abusive

just think if you’d followed babs and voted democratic in the last 2 elections, gas prices might still be under $3, we wouldn’t have had the mortgage crisis, the dollar might be still be strong, we’d have had enough money to fix our infrastructure and my personal fave: an abstinence program that’s resulted in teen std rates at an all time high because they are engaging in unsafe oral and anal sex since the abstinence programs only disuss procreative sex!
one good thing to come out of the w era: legalization of gay marriage in ca and ma!

Posted by m. wah | Report as abusive

Reading many of these posts, it becomes clear why such an utterly incompetent man like George Bush became President. The vast majority of posters here are no more intelligent. Streisand came from a very poor upbringing and has everything that she has because she has worked for it. She is a great humanitarian and gives tons of money to many causes that benefit people regardless of what labels they give themselves. If “liberal” means compassionate and generous, then it’s a label she wears well. These past 7+ years had proven that being a “conservative” means being arrogant, wasteful, hypocritical and incompetent. Her artistry has endured for nearly half a century because she is an enormously gifted woman and a truly great American. The people trashing her here are just projecting their own prejudices of Democrats and Liberals onto her because she is a very high profile celebrity. Long after these tiresome rants have passed, her artistry will endure. GO BARBRA!

Posted by Chris | Report as abusive

If she supports him then he’s got my vote! NOT. I am not voting for Obama unless Clinton is his VP. Otherwise, I am voting for McCain.

Posted by John | Report as abusive

Babs didnt vote for the current administration. I call that Genius. Did you?

Posted by lori | Report as abusive

Hollywood didnt endorse Bush/Cheney both times. Hollywood isnt that dumb afterall.

Posted by lori | Report as abusive

WE NEED YOUTH. No More old Cheneys, Dumsfelds, making bad decsions. Mccainis tooold. We need an absolute young thinking quick thinking leader. No more 60s or 70s!

Posted by lori | Report as abusive

All of you people who want to bash others should think about all the lives of our young men and women being lost in a war that never should have begun

Posted by Lizzy | Report as abusive

I have a foul proof method of selecting the candidate for president. I simply wait for Barbra, Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn to endorse a candidate. Then I just vote for the other candidate. Works for me

Posted by donald | Report as abusive

Barbra is not the only one supporting Barack Obama. She is just one of the many millions of Americans who want Obama as our next president. She has done many good things for the Democratic Party, which she supports with time and money. Any of you who are upset about the cost of her tickets, then, I say to you – don’t buy them. But for those of us who want to pay to see her, then, if we are willing to pay the price that’s our choice. Remember, life is all about choices. You decide what choice you want in life and let everyone else make their own choice. As for Barbra Streisand, leave her alone. It seems that people who bad mouth others are either jealous or just don’t know all the facts. So, to all of you who are bad mouthing Barbra Streisand read the facts about all the good she has done with her money she has raised from her concerts and not the BS you read in the papers.

To Barbra Streisand: those of us who logve you still do and always will. So, you just keep on being Barbra and don’t let others bring you down.
Eddie S.

Posted by Eddie S | Report as abusive

Barbra Streisand has raised millions of dollars to benefit and contribute to a better America. What have you
people done, other than put down a caring, contributing, talented, American.

Posted by eric rudolph | Report as abusive

Just read the stupid comments posted, and they’re so typical of those with an opposing view. If one can’t say something intelligent, they say something ridiculously sarcastic and snotty!

Ms. Streisand has a right to say what she thinks, same as the rest of us, and as a highly intelligent woman, and one in the public light, maybe her opinions will influence some of those who are “on the fence”. Why is what she thinks of any LESS value than say “Jack Nicholson” or the MORON who was an UNSUCCESSFUL G.O.P. candidate himself, and now is on the McCain “bandwagon”?

I happen to agree with Ms. Streisland’s comments 100%

Posted by Diane | Report as abusive

Not surprising that the republicans are out in force smearing the issues and people that don’t hold their views… Show that you are literate and talk about YOUR candidate without lying about what their opponents stand for. it’s disgraceful already.

Posted by Sydni | Report as abusive

The yellow brick road, Barbara, take it. Maybe the Wizard will give you a brain!

Posted by Kenneth McPhail | Report as abusive

It seems that it’s okay for these endorsors to actively take part and benifit from our capitolistic republic (no,we are not a democracy) society via huge wall street investments in everything from foreign monies to those unaccountable hedge funds (chelsea’s employer), yet they support socialism;financial redistribution,social health care (proven not to work), a weak border, higher democrate taxes on everyone but them. i’m a small business owner (we produce real goods not fantasy) that can’t hire more people and expand because of socialist programs that tax me beyond comprehension. if the dems win this election i will have to dow scale my business because of additional taxes obama will put in place. this recent bail out (obama,pelosi,dodd,schumer & frank wanted millions to go ACORN & LaPAZ)&(these same people gained more and protected fannie & fannie for sixteen years) just may end up being the straw that broke my business.
therefore ending the employment of 122 people.
reducing national freight jobs.
reducing packaging sales.
reducing the tax base.
reducing retail sales. et,el;
reducing the number movie ticket & cd sales.
i wonder if any of you have ever read the obama books,the communist manifesto & the constitution. noted the semitry & differences’.
i truely hope you will enjoy your socialism, because no one else will benifit from an OBAMANATION.
so how do like komrad obama & friends now?

Posted by Wicked | Report as abusive

“If I remember correctly during the 04 elections Babbs said if Bush won she would become a canadian citizen.”

Looks like you have a case of senility. She never said that. What she said was if Bush wins, you won’t be seeing her in the White House for the next for years.

Posted by KC | Report as abusive