Fan Fare

Entertainment behind the scenes

Britney Spears’ “Womanizer” hits the air

September 26, 2008

britney1.jpgBritney Spears is making her comeback — again. First step: release a catchy single. And so, on Friday Britney’s song “Womanizer” finally hit airwaves, four days after its scheduled release and a week after a snippet was leaked.

The song is an upbeat if slightly repetitive electropop number lasting about 3:40. It comes off Spears’ album “Circus,” which is set to be released on her 27th birthday on Dec. 2. The song was produced by The Outsyders, a group based in Atlanta.

It has lyrics that include: “You say I’m crazy/ I got your crazy/You’re nothing but a womanizer” In the song’s chorus, Britney sings, “Boy, don’t try to front/I-I know just-just what you are/Womanizer, you’re a womanizer, baby.”

It remains to be seen what Britney’s fans think of the song, but it’s definitely catchy. In a snap judgment, the Los Angeles Times music blog Soundboard reached the conclusion that “Britney is back. She actually seems to be awake this time.”

britney2.jpgLast year in late August, Britney released a song, “Gimme More,” which was also billed as a “comeback” tunes after months of Britney finding herself making headlines for erratic behavior. At that time, she was embroiled in a bitter custody battle over her two sons with ex-husband Kevin Federline.

She sang “Gimme More” at the MTV Video Music Awards in September ’07, but was  panned by fans and critics. By January of this year, she found herself in a Los Angeles-area hospital under psychiatric evaluation.

But since February, after her father and lawyers took control of her affairs, Britney has seemed to be on the mend. In fact, at this year’s MTV VMAs, Britney won three awards for her song, “Piece of Me.”

So one wonders: could this “comeback” be the real deal.

(Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis)

Comments

i wish britney the best. i think she has worked really hard and has prooved that she deserves to be here she is an amazing entertainer and has had an amazing career i am rooting for her to take the pop princess title back…and remind us all why we love her so much!! she seems to have a really good heart she just had problems and issues to deal with no one is perfect…good luck britney and i cant wait for your come back!!

Posted by kaylina | Report as abusive

I really love this song Britney is Amazing much love britney,,,,,,,,,

Posted by shawn | Report as abusive

love,love,love womanizer. Britney is really back.

Posted by marissa | Report as abusive

WOOO! It’s great.

Posted by taylor | Report as abusive

Britney is the best. Womanizer is a HIT. You’ll see

Posted by Peter | Report as abusive

i just herd the music and its really cool i cant wait to came out on itunes GO BRITNEY YOU ROCK GIRL !!!!!!!!!

Posted by aitak | Report as abusive

What can I say I’m speech less! She’s back guys she’s really back! OMG! She totally rocks love the song. Keep going strong Brit!…

Yea people shes back! Womanizer is freakin awsome, i love this song!

Posted by Jessica | Report as abusive

This SONG is a #1 HIT! It’s so ADDICTIVE and makes me want to move to every beat!!

Posted by ladybuggy | Report as abusive

Womanizer..hmmmmm?, Just how many time does she repeat that word in the song, doesn’t take much talent for that, I’m sorry but this song is a Huge flop.

Posted by peter | Report as abusive

OmFgosh this is one of britney’s best, everyone wanted a piece of radar, and ooh ooh baby from blackout, well this song showcases both those tracks, plus a lil bit of toxic… this is a definate hit. At first I was a bit skeptical of the song, I was like, there could have been a “better” comeback single, but after listening to it after about the 2nd or 3rd time, it sunk in, pretty quickly. I love it so much, i must have played it 500 times today lol britney’s music is so addicting and i just love it! I cannot wait for the video. This is sure to be a number 1. I also cannot wait for the performance that I have anticipated so long to see from britney. I know it will rock! Go Britney, you are a true legend. Nothing can keep you down.

Posted by Eman | Report as abusive

this song is freakin awesome i swear really addictive

lol

u so need to get this song

Posted by Leon | Report as abusive

I luv Britney, I’m SOOOOO happy she’s back. The new song ‘WomaniZer’ will be a N.1 hit WITHOUT a doubt!!! and she deserves it 100%. First and foremost, i just want to say thank you to Britney for not giving up on herself, her fan’s, her music! no one can ever compete with the talent she brings to the stage. God bless! We missed you!!!

Mcguire

Posted by McGuire | Report as abusive

I think that she has come a long way… Everyone hits rough times… this is her moment and for all those who hate on it turn your radios off BRITNEY’S BACK!!!!!!! AMEN!

Posted by danielle | Report as abusive

hey all this the new hit of the year yesterday i have sleped listening to womanizer
i can’t get ride of it in my mind in the perfect song that people wants to hear from Britney spears i love her she is the best as her songs and work
love a lot

Britney Spears is my favorite. I love her voice and her costumes. I would like to see her. I love her dancing. I love the song called Womanizer.

Great for Britney!!! I am so happy that she is doing better. And I love her new song. She is definately on the right track to making an awesome comeback- I wish her all the best.

Posted by Shay | Report as abusive

Britney is the melody queen!! womanizer is a jewel among all her songs.

Posted by K Rajakumar | Report as abusive

You’ve got to be kidding. I heard the song on the radio yesterday and had to change the station. Talk about lame. It’s one word sung on one note, over and over. The verse wasn’t bad but if I heard the word “womanizer” one more time… Awful.

omg. shes backkk i love her soo much… go britney!~!!!!

Posted by christian | Report as abusive

yohhhh….that is just so amazing.. a chick i have followed from youth and just grown to love…this is really ” COMEBACK” ….i really love the selection…it’s going to be a bigggggg hittttt…

brit… ITS YOUR TIME TO SHINE AGAIN BABES….

If you haven’t heard it yet, give it a listen here:

http://z100.elvisduran.com/pages/news/br itneyspears/

Posted by Paul | Report as abusive

GREAT song britney.it’s a catchy song.I love it.thanks for coming back britney.

Posted by kimmy | Report as abusive

Britney is back yall. Love the new song cant wait to get the cd. Keep on rocking Britney

Posted by john | Report as abusive

im not like a Brittany hater or anything so its not like that but this new song she put out honestly makes me never wanna turn my radio back on again in fear that her low raspy voice paired with upbeat electronic music will make my ear drums pop .
this is a horrible song i hate it and i hope i never have to hear it again .

Posted by kimberly | Report as abusive

Baby One more time!!…or, oops…she did it again! Brit’s back….and I hope she stays clean and sober…..great song…

Posted by Janice | Report as abusive

I love brit she’s the best. Womanizer is a hit!!

Posted by MS | Report as abusive

I love this song, but I’m sure it’s just the beginning of the amazing tracks on her new album. They aren’t going to let us here the best just yet, this is just a tease. She knows how to work it…. she is gonna blow our minds.

Posted by Trace | Report as abusive

WOMENIZER….;)very sexy ;) )….i like it ….:)))

Posted by VALENTINA PRINCESS | Report as abusive

BRITNEY IS BACK!!!
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC LOVE BRITNEY SPEARS!! AND DEFF. LOVES HER NEW SINGLE”WOMANIZER”
SHES BACK!!!

Posted by RAY | Report as abusive

Britneys the bomb i dont think brit has a comebak because shes always been at the top

Posted by martin | Report as abusive

Britney is the Queen of Pop, forget this princess s#!t! Her new songs are gonna rock the world.. and everyone is gonna love em wether they want to or not… it’s about time a true talented pop queen returns, cause seriously, I was dying with just Rihanna and Katy Perry songs to sing… and don’t get me started on Miley Cyrus… no Britney is the best of the best and her new song “Womanizer” is a def success, I love every second of it… I’m so proud to call myself a Britney fan again, and that makes me happier than anything else in the world! Congrats Brit!

Posted by Joshua | Report as abusive

Britney is BACK! she is great! i love womanizer.

Posted by Amanda | Report as abusive

Brit Brit is amazing!
screw all you haters,
the one and only Queen of pop is back. & better then ever.

GO BRITNEY, WE’RE ALL CHEERING FOR YOU. : )
womanizer is awesome, really catchy.

Posted by Ksenia | Report as abusive

hi britney!..welcome back again..pls dont ever leave us again..i had missed you so muuuchh!!!1

Posted by mich | Report as abusive

yes Im so hapy for that song I love it

great songs! learn it! live it! love it!

Posted by Jill | Report as abusive

Hey all,

I recently built a Britney Spears Circus fan site myself.

The site serves to promote Britney & her new album Circus and tell the truth about the gossip. Site is also fully interactive, easy-to-use, entertaining and delightful. Please Register a free account which will enable you to contribute to the sites contents, chat in the forums, leave comments, provide feedback, & more…

Regardless what Britney Spears does at this stage, anything that she does will be an incentive and Womanizer is an inevitable hit and will be very successful!

Well done Britney, your on the road to recovery :-)

I knew Britney would make it! I love her and wish her all the best with her new album. Her song is SICK!!!

I, personally wish the best for her. The world is a tough enough, let alone to have enemies. God loves all of us enough that He gave his only Son to die for the sins of all of us. Trust Him and tell His so.