Fan Fare

Entertainment behind the scenes

The Hulk trains Michael Jackson ahead of London concerts

June 19, 2009

Michael Jackson will need to be supremely fit to perform a series of 50 shows in London starting next month. The dates are fast approaching. Who better to get the so-called Kinmichael-jacksong of Pop into royal shape than bodybuilder and actor Lou Ferrigno, who was known for having fast-growing muscles playing The Incredible Hulk on television in decades past.

Ferrigno’s wife, Carla, on Thursday told Reuters that her husband has been helping Jackson train in advance of the shows.

“He’s known Michael 15 years,” Carla Ferrigno said. “He used to train him a long time ago and now he’s doing it again.”

lou-ferrigno-jason-segelBut Carla Ferrigno would not give details on the workout regimens. A spokesman for Jackson did not return a call.

The only question is, will the Ferrigno workouts allow Michael Jackson to mimic the Hulk’s ability to turn into a man of brawn within seconds of getting angry? That would be a show ranking right up there with the headlock Ferrigno put on actor Jason Segel in this year’s movie “I Love You, Man.”

Comments

I don’t belive a word of this. If you believe that Michael Jackson will take the stage at O2 in London for even one single concert, then you blieve in fairies, but I don’t.There’s not one shred of evidence that these shows are going forward despite all the statements to the contrary. I swear, a whole lot of people are going to be very disappointed and pissed off if their tickets are non-refundable (which most ticket-holders will find to be the case).50 Shows? Give me a break. In one town?Wasn’t it Lincoln who said that you can fool most of the people some of the time but you can’t fool all of the people most of the time?The bigger the lie, the more they will believe it.I’m afraid a whole lot of people believed in the O2 shows, but I’m predicting that Michael will fail to deliver.Sorry suckers – take my advice, don’t book your flights just yet.Just wait – soon they will announce that the entire show has been “postponed” because for one reason or another (e.g., doctor’s note) Michael just isn’t up to it.Michael screws everyone in his path – why should he care about screwing fans as well? He doesn’t.Go figure.

Posted by Zack | Report as abusive

Don’t make Michael angry…you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry!I wonder if Michael will show up to a work out wearing a tank top and pajama pants?

Posted by bby_70 | Report as abusive

Michael Jackson is not the so called “king of pop”, He is the KING OF POP hands down nobody has done what he has done yet. Respect him and stop Haiting on the King.

Posted by diesel | Report as abusive

Wow, your very negative towards this person. Has he screwed you over or one of your cousins? You should really self reflect on why you have such a negative, biased approach towards Mr Jackson. i thought journalism was based on fact, not innuendo and speculation.You were probably one of the writers who said the show was not going to happen, that he would be found guilty, that he would lose Never land and the Beatles catalog. All of those predictions by you “talented” journalist were wrong. It seams like when it comes to Mr Jackson, you should have a wait and see approach before you systematically trash anything that he does,that way your writing will not be full of fallacies and you won’t have to eat crow again.If I were you, I would be full off of crow and would probably want to try something that was a little more satisfying.When you attack, you really just look like a hater and that is how most people view you.You don’t want to be looked at as a hater because they do not get the ladies and they are miserable within their own skin, ask Rush Limbaugh. No disrespect towards anyone, just some real talk minus empty rhetoric.

Posted by Norm | Report as abusive

Just shut up, you can’t see into the future can you? No, so were all going to wait and see. so for now keep your annoying opinions to yourself.

Posted by Sofia | Report as abusive

Say what you want about Michael Jackson, but he’s not a guy with a history of backing out of concerts. That’s not to say it hasn’t happened before, but on the whole he’s been an artist who takes his commitment to his fans seriously and wants to deliver a good performance.And remember, this isn’t a guy who sits on a bar stool and sings ballads — every time he performs it’s the equivalent of running a marathon. So yeah, he should be scared about being able to do 50 concerts, but I’m confident he’ll pull through.

Posted by archerling245 | Report as abusive

which country are you all from ? i bet its not the uk your are all jealous because michael has chosen the uk to perform, and not yours, you are possibly all american anyway and he hates the u.s after what they did to him, stop hating and get a life , you sad bunch of freaks. i bet if he toured your country you would have a ticket.

Posted by nichola | Report as abusive

Hey you silly guys !Soon you will see michael jackson performance at O2 ! then you have to be shut up !!!

MICHAEL JACKSON WILL MAKE A COME BACK AND HE WILL BE BETTER THEN EVER SO STOP HATEING.

lol, calm down u guys.

Posted by lol | Report as abusive

Michael Jackson and I close to the same age. I remember when he first came out when I was eight years old and in the 3rd grade. I would stand up to his and his brothers’ music as if it was the National Anthem. I will always be a fan.T. Corbett,MD

Who is comparable to MJ in the pop history? We’re yet to get one,but I guess not soon.Whats wrong with him doing physical preparations? After all doing what he is about to do at his age(51yrs)ain’t a joke.He has no history of disappointing his fans,then why think of it now? He’s gonna stage a grate performance as usual.Lets wait and see.

Posted by Soti Godfrey | Report as abusive

did micheal not doyou.. or was it that he never gave u an autograph or did mommy and daddy never loved you.. whats wrong .. i seriously advice you to go see a therapist.

Posted by yourdaddy | Report as abusive

michael jackson rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by chris | Report as abusive

Hello everyone. Hope all are good in health. I wish MJ his best in health. I wouldnt’ say that I am his biggest fan or anything. I don’t even care what he does in his personal life. Myself and all of us here mostly love to hear his songs and see his extremely talented concerts. I am definite that MJ will not his fans (us) down. Good luck and have a great day everyone.

Posted by Mancubrox | Report as abusive

Hello every1!I just wanted to say that every1 in the U.k is very fortunate, & I’m just anxiously waiting for him to make a concert again in the U.S, I love him so much, I wish hed know there’s many people here who still support him 100% & would love him to book one here aswell!However about the nasty & pessamisticly RUDE comments, I really do think people who aren’t supportive of him should take their own personal anger elsewhere.He’s the most amazing performer & no1 can or will take that away from such a dedicated person.I wish I had enough money to go to the U.K & get Tickets but I don’t, but for the people who think he’s going to not go through w/these concerts.. I’m just going to let u know,The second he makes a concert around Florida, I will 1 of the 1st getting her ticket!!Michael Jackson Foreverr!! <3

Posted by Stephanie Galvez | Report as abusive

Hello EveryoneI don’t know why some people always want to trash on Michael Jackson. I mean if you don’t like his music well don’t listen to it, nor attack the musician. Let’s all be civilized and show some tolerance towards other people’s preferences and lifestyles. I personally loved his music, it always soothes me, but not really care about his personal life, that’s whay is PERSONAL….Anyway, try not to be too prompt on judging others, especially if we don’t know them personally nor aware of the REAL facts…I would hate to be treated like Michael Jackson gets treated just too many times….HAVE A NICE DAY *_*

Posted by Tania Ruiz | Report as abusive

HEY, I GOT MY TICKET, JULY 24TH. FRONT ROW. AND AFTERSHOW PARTY TICKETS. HOW COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

Posted by amy | Report as abusive

hello people….i m 1 of michael jackson fans in india..i remember wen he came to india aroend 4000 people gathered to see u at airport….m not an mj fan b coz of his fame or money but bcoz he has a gud soul n heart & i also luv all his music…n has done so much 4 poor ppl n children around the world..mj is often in disputes wid media n oder ppl..so wat ppl want is tht they want to strip off his fame,his intellence…n want to make him mentally handicapped…i dont care wat the world saysss….but ill always b wid u michael…..WE LOVE U ALL MICHAEL(ur fans)

It’s good to know that Michael Jackson is getting back in shape. Thanks for a great post and photos.

I guess all that training was too hard for him..he’s been taken to hospital with a reported cardiac arrest…

Posted by ML | Report as abusive

Just heard that he has died. Very sad. I feel almost as sad for the guy with front row tickets and aftershow invites.

Posted by Vernon | Report as abusive

It seems Zack was indeed correct.Reports are now coming in that poor MJ has suffered a cardiac arrest.

Posted by Andrew Gilbey | Report as abusive

RIP Michael Jackson

Posted by Flakerim | Report as abusive

So much hate and concern written over a person who now unfortuneatley no longer exists! He was just a boy grown into a man in a difficult environment, maybe strange, odd, peculiar and upsetting to some but still, a VERY talented and current performer in his day.Rest in Peace Michael J

Posted by sharon | Report as abusive

Well for all that thought the show will not go on, you are correct… RIP Michael Jackson..

Wow, it’s just been announced that Jackson has died.It looks like the guy at the very top, on June 19th at 3:59amwas right in his adamant prediction that Jackson absolutelywould not attend even one concert. Is this all real?

please please please please tell me the news i just heard is not true…

Posted by kris | Report as abusive

I guess it really won’t happen. All of his fans and I will miss him very much.

Posted by MJ Fan | Report as abusive

wonder if you nasty ones will feel bad now he is no longer with us. Yes, not the most straight forward guy, blame his dad, not him. He’s died – is that really what you would wish on him?

Posted by clare inkster | Report as abusive

I was just published that the beloved Michael Jackson has died…WHAT A GREAT LOSS!!! I love Michael and I ALWAYS will!!!This has to be a lie…I hope it is a stunt so he doesn’t have to do the London concerts!

so sad to here that michael jackson has passed away, i sure wish he could have lived a more realistic life style. people must realize he is a human just like all the rest of us, he just happen to be very talented and used it to his full potential.lets just all set back and reflect on the wonderful gift that he shared with us and that we may use of gifts to the full potential that he has.

Posted by L | Report as abusive

Blean’s comments could not be more ironic.

Posted by Bil Donlon  | Report as abusive

This is what killed the King of Pop. He shouldn’t have had such workouts at his age. He should have done things in another way, in the right way at least. He rushed things. His body couldn’t follow. R.I.P. You’re my idol, you always will be.

Posted by Nasir | Report as abusive

So, were the intense workouts a factor in the heart attack?

Posted by j | Report as abusive

He is dead. Wait. What? I am a fan and this is very, very sad.

Posted by eternaldark | Report as abusive

RIP, true legend, always remembered. we love you. ben

Posted by ben | Report as abusive

I guess the first commenter from a few days ago feels really bad:”whole lot of people are going to be very disappointed and pissed off if their tickets are non-refundable”

Posted by David | Report as abusive

Possible reason he went into Cardiac Arrest today?

Posted by Hmmmmmm | Report as abusive

the king is dead.R.I.P Michael Jackson.6/25/09

Posted by ALEX o.0 | Report as abusive

Michael Jackson is deceased… sadly, he will no longer be performing

What I want to know is did these exercise regimens kill him??!?! How does a 50 year old man drop dead of a heart attack??!?! I want answers!!!

Posted by JonMaxX | Report as abusive

Well I guess it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks now.They just announced that Michael Jackson died.Only 50 and now gone. how sad for the music world and his Fans.

Posted by sharon | Report as abusive

Ironically, it looks like the first poster was right. RIP Michael Jackson.

Posted by Lin | Report as abusive

The king of pop is dead…. so sad.

Too bad MJ died today… looks like the original first poster on this comments page “Zack” was correct in his prediction that MJ would not be at the 50 concerts… but I doubt that “Zack” could have predicted that MJ’s death would be the reason.The thing is, you never know when someone will be gone forever, so why not try to stay positive and appreciate people for their positive contributions to this world?Michael Jackson IS (not was) the King of Pop. RIP

Posted by Al | Report as abusive

zack! you nailed it!!

Posted by lori | Report as abusive

I wonder if the people who bought the tickets will get their money back now that he’s dead…

Posted by Dan | Report as abusive

Whelp…I guess the first commenter was right.

Posted by joe | Report as abusive

You might want to revisit this story after today’s news. Yes, the concerts will be canceled, but the reason behind it is entirely different than Michael “screwing” people in his path. At this point, a little respect might be in order.

Posted by Doug | Report as abusive