Fan Fare

Entertainment behind the scenes

And the last Beatles song will be…

August 18, 2009

Help!

mccartney1We admit we may be playing into the hands of a marketing campaign designed to eke out as much publicity as possible for the new Beatles interactive “Rock Band” video game on Sept 9. (Read the latest story here). But we couldn’t resist what is a rather intriguing question.

What will be the last Beatles song available for fans to “virtually” play from a list of 45 tunes for the new game? Today, the makers announced 19 more titles that will come with the game including “Ticket to Ride,” “Come Together,” “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds” and “A Hard Day’s Night” – bringing the list to 44.

Other songs previously announced for the Fab Four’s first digital release after years of shunning websites like iTunes include “Yellow Submarine”, “Day Tripper,” “I Am The Walrus,” “Get Back” and “Eight Days A Week.”

But some of the band’s biggest hits are not on the list and could still sneak into the game, including “Hey Jude”, “We can Work It Out” and “Yesterday.”

So what do fans hope for, as they dream of the day they can strum their plastic guitars in their lounges and make all their troubles seem so far away?

Comments

I would love to play some Beatle songs to kids ,that have never heard them ..just to see if they’d be blown away like the 60s generation.

Posted by Thomas | Report as abusive

I would LOVE to see A Day in the Life on there. I adore that song and would play it to no end.

Posted by Amanda | Report as abusive

So many of their songs were/are standards,…..

I do play some of their songs to younger kids at times and they seem to like them until I tell them just how long ago they were recorded. LOL!

Posted by RealNeil | Report as abusive

You can drive my car ….thats a good one

Posted by Franco | Report as abusive

Straw berry fields forever!

I think it will be a new song!

When they were making the Beatles’ Anthology, they record Free As A Bird, Real Love and a third song, Now And Then, that they didn’t finished.

Some sites are saying that Paul and Ringo finished it a would release it someday. Why not now in this game?

It would be awesome with a visual of the Circa 95 Beatles + a kind of spiritual John

Posted by Luc | Report as abusive

I am unable to comment on your Kanye VMA story, so I’m putting this here. There’s an error at the end of the story. At the end of the VMAs when Russell Brand was talking about giving someone a shoulder to cry on, he was talking about Katy Perry because she didn’t win any awards, not Taylor Swift.

Posted by Mobell | Report as abusive