Fan Fare

Entertainment behind the scenes

“Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert debuts new single

October 31, 2009

lambertSinger Adam Lambert has graduated from “American Idol,” ended his flirtation with classic rock band Queen and now he has one message for his fans, “Baby, do what I say.”

That last quote among the lyrics from Lambert’s new single “For Your Entertainment,” the title track from his upcoming album. The album comes out on Nov. 23, but the single came out on Friday, debuting on “Idol” host Ryan Seacrest’s L.A. radio station. It’s now playable at Lambert’s official website. To listen, click here.

The single features lyrics like the following, “Let’s go/ It’s my show/ Baby, do what I say” and the equally assertive, “Oh, do you know what you got into?/ Can you handle what I’m ’bout to do?/ Because it’s about to get rough for you/ I’m here for your entertainment.”

You can say this for Adam, he’s not shy.adam-lambert

The singer with a penchant for flashy costumes and eye makeup, who finished second this year on “Idol” to Kris Allen, appears on the cover of his forthcoming debut album looking glamorous and ladylike, and even somewhat resembling pop star Rihanna. The openly gay Lambert said that the cover shot was meant to look “campy” and “ridiculous.”

Lambert declared recently that “glam is back” when the cover art was unveiled. How long has glam rock been gone? Most people would say it didn’t last much past the early 1980s, so back when MTV was still known for playing music videos, and Ozzy Osbourne was known as the “Prince of Darkness,” instead of as the star of  reality show “The Osbournes.”

Can Glambert revive the music popularized by the likes of the New York DollsDavid Bowie and his heroes, Queen? Or will the music start to fade like so much old make-up?

Comments

Looks like Adam did it again! “For Your Entertainment” is awesome…but seems a bit fetish…no doubt. Much prefer this to his “Time for Miracles”. The latter seems overdone -over mixed, ‘something’… the music is too loud for his vocals on ‘that’ and his voice seems overly cleaned up. I prefer the more raw Adam sound.

“For Your Entertainment” is one of those sounds you just can’t get enough of right from first hearing — or you are probably so shocked you are either turned off or blushing.

As for me — Adam could keep performing this type of music and I would be happy. It is different, edgy and glam rock is definitely back!

Caesi Bevis, Editor, Rave! Entertainment

I would have never said that I was a fan of pop music. I am certain that I will be a fan of everything Adam does. I think he is brilliant as an artist and in knowing just what to do, how to do it and in what order. This song perfectly describes what I see and feel and hear and love in Adam. Any Florida fans, go to my website and join our group, Florida Glambs International. We want to cover the world with glitter.

I think Adam’s single fell far far too short of his obvious talent. Adam has enormous talent – and this does not show it at all. I had hoped that Adam would have continued in the Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love fashion he exhibited in the AI tour – the moves, the sound, the voice – were all there – I am sorry to think that Adam is going to lose a huge part of his fan base to this mostly over produced “music” and lack of showcasing ADAM LAMBERT’s larger than life talent that could be, and was expected to be, up there with the likes of classics – - Queen, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, etc. Talking of being a “Britney” tune, or a “Christina” tune – not shooting high enough Adam – you’re in a different league.

Posted by Mandy | Report as abusive

I loved Time for Miracles immediately and think that it really shows off the beauty of Adam’s voice. For Your Entertainment took me a little bit to appreciate. Once I heard the lyrics (so HOTTT) I really fell for this song too. I just wish that we could hear more of Adam’s absolutely georgous voice throughout this single. The background is a little too loud.

Posted by Adam Phan From Philly | Report as abusive

I find the song way over produced and generic. I expected more than him sounding like a male Brittany.

Posted by jim | Report as abusive

I love ” Time for Miracles, but find ” For your Entertainment” a little too wild for my taste.

Posted by Kareen | Report as abusive

You cannot please everyone, every time. I agree it is a bit over produced but it’s a dance song. I actually think FYE is the perfect first single. It’s ment to get pople’s attention! I think it does that! The lyrics are great! I cannot wait for Adam’s CD! I am sure there will be songs I like, songs I love and maybe even some I do not like but I am behind him 100% and then some! And I love the cover! Again, it’s ment to get people’s attention! We all know how gorgous Adam is! A cover with just him looking gorgous…just wouldn’t be creative enough and if there is one thing Adam is, it is creative! I hope he takes the music world by storm and has immense success! I do not know anyone who deserves it more!

Posted by Karen | Report as abusive

This is music for the young and those who like to dance. His voice and interpretation here will be no surprise to those who have followed his career and what he’s said about the music he’d like to offer. Listen to the Brazen version of “What’s Love Got to Do with It” – Adam (pre-Idol) and the last minute which is similar to FYE.

Posted by Leigh | Report as abusive

This is music for the young and those who like to dance. His voice and interpretation here will be no surprise to those who have followed his career ( Quoting)

Not sure this is true because I am a fan who think this is way over produced and many on his boards are not liking the first single or the cover.

Posted by evan | Report as abusive

I am so excited to finally hear 2 new songs from Adam. I have to say that I wasn’t sure about FYE right away but the more I hear it, the more I like it. And TFM is great,with his tremendous, emotional voice. After I read that Adam purposely made his album art campy on purpose,that made me feel better and reminded me that he has a reason for his song choices, song types, etc. He wants us to guess what he’s up to! I do hope that I hear his voice in other songs but let’s dance to FYE till we drop to the floor !

Posted by MaryKay | Report as abusive

perfect debut, great beats and great vocals. couldnt ask for more. PLEASE stop the horrid britney comparisonS! this is like X10000000000 better!!!! N he sounds different than lady gaga too,so he deserves loads of credit! go adam!

Posted by sarah | Report as abusive

I do not agree.It is over produced just like Brittany`s music sounds.I would never be able to tell this was Adam if someone had not told me.

Posted by evan | Report as abusive

I always know someone is a troll when they post something like, “I am a huge Adam and I expected to like this but I am really disappointed”. Haters love to start a comment this way because it makes it sound like, gosh darn, I really wish I could like it, but i just can’t. I know these people are fakes. That being said, I love this single and it’s so much fun to listen to. My favorite part is the last minute or so when Adam sings in his upper register. It’s a blast, and so is he!

Posted by sonia | Report as abusive

The song is a joke right? I kept hearing that Adam was going to re-invent the music industry. Well frankly I don’t see it. I just see another over processed male version of Britney Spears.

Posted by Calvin | Report as abusive

Here comes the one SERIAL HATER blogger again! Posting same hate blogs one after another with different names from before because IT has been found out. Why, no news from your engineered idol winner? Bitterest ENVY is drowning you in MISERY. Accept title means nothing in the real world which Adam rules.

Posted by XYZ | Report as abusive

Adam looks like Kelly Osbourne in top photo. He is already over the hill. How old is he? Like 30? He is too old to be a raising star. Plus he is not fit, but he is heavy.

Posted by Ninotoy | Report as abusive

Adam Lambert has it all, great looks, sex appeal and the most incredible voice I’ve ever heard!!!LOVE the new songs, can’t wait to hear his entire album.

Posted by ekl | Report as abusive

I like the song, its a combo of Robbie Williams and Lady Gaga.

Posted by TJ | Report as abusive

Oh no! Not you again ninotoy/nino/whatever your name is! Don’t you have anything better to do than searching for Adam Lambert articles and spreading hate?

For Your Entertainment is SOOOO GOOOOD! It’s catchy, fun. . . and that voice! Love it!

Posted by marlock276 | Report as abusive