Comments on: Should Krugman replace Bernanke? http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/ A slice of lime in the soda Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:05:02 +0000 hourly 1 http://wordpress.org/?v=4.2.5 By: LazyJack http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11466 Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:36:20 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11466 Thanks for the laugh. Bernanke and his cadre of inflation targeters may not be very healthy for the world economy, but Krugman? Printing money faster and subsuming more of the private economy into the government are now ancient economic ideas with little evidence to credit their continued existence. One hopes that the U.S. either stays with the devil it knows and forgoes academics with brilliant minds that appear bitterly frozen in 1938; or hires someone who reads books other than those of Keynes.

Lazy Jack

www.thanksforthelaughs.wordpress.com

]]>
By: DeeBee9 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11462 Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:03:19 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11462 Paul Krugman has forgotten more about economics than most economists ever learn…and that’s exactly the problem with Krugman.

]]>
By: Woltmann http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11443 Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:51:24 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11443 Bernanke sat idly watching the printing presses fly at full speed while all the while professing nothing wrong here folks. Anybody who thinks he has done anything other than a poor job is a complete idiot. He’s done the job Wall Street hired him to do plain and simple. Krugman is in the 5% category of editorial economists who actually properly assessed the coming economic storm beforehand and the true magnitude of the employment problem. The other 95% of the cheerleaders out there blew it miserably. A better choice for Fed Chairman would be William Poole.

]]>
By: Uncle_Billy http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11442 Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:20:13 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11442 “But we’re not at the height of the crisis any more”

Famous last words. Our cache of energy drinks is gone.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/201 0/jan/19/feds-retire-red-bull-duo/

]]>
By: JoddeHaa http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11441 Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:19:22 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11441 Krugman is extremely eloquent when writing, but is not likely to perform well in a confirmation process.

Also, out of pure self interest: It would be terrible to loose such a great insightful blogger.

]]>
By: DanHess http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11436 Sun, 24 Jan 2010 05:15:14 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11436 Krugman to head the FED? Felix, have you lost your mind?

Krugman is singularly unqualified because he is so bitterly partisan. So much so that Krugman’s politics pour through his economic analysis, almost as though the conclusions derive first from his politics and then the rational is manufactured afterwards. Socialism is the goal? No problem, let’s manufacture some rationales for why socialist economies are superior to market-based ones and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

Krugman has spent more time in his columns spewing venom at the political party he opposes than doing sound economic analysis. I for one don’t think that someone who most distinguishing feature in life is his partisanship has any place as FED chairman.

]]>
By: maynardGkeynes http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/comment-page-1/#comment-11435 Sun, 24 Jan 2010 04:44:15 +0000 http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2010/01/24/should-krugman-replace-bernanke/#comment-11435 “And on the monetary-policy front, Bernanke is as good a choice as anybody could hope for.”

No, I think Ben Stein also could create both an asset bubble and a liquidity trap.

]]>