Counterparties

By Felix Salmon
April 20, 2011
WaPo

2D Glasses — Gizmodo

The Animated S&P Downgrade Warning — ZH

Brokers/scalpers won’t like this: Ticketmaster moving to flexible ticket pricing — LAT

Only 16 percent of Americans want the debt ceiling raised — WaPo

More From Felix Salmon
Post Felix
The Piketty pessimist
The most expensive lottery ticket in the world
The problems of HFT, Joe Stiglitz edition
Private equity math, Nuveen edition
Five explanations for Greece’s bond yield
Comments
6 comments so far

Hey Hsvitty… did you see the story about the 1st big fish executive going down for mortgage fraud?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/1 9/mortgage-fraud-farkas-idUSN19963912011 0419

It looks like the goverment will go after the most obviously guilty. I’m not at all fimiliar with the case but the 14 for 14 conviction rate makes me think this was a real case and not some Barry Bonds witch hunt.

Hopefully this won’t be the last.

Posted by y2kurtus | Report as abusive

Thanks y2kurtus. I lost my dad recently, so wasn’t aware. Hopefully there are still more being investigated. I really appreciate your pointing me to the article.

Posted by hsvkitty | Report as abusive

quite sorry for your loss hsvkitty.

Posted by y2kurtus | Report as abusive

Sorry to hear that, hsvkitty.

Posted by TFF | Report as abusive

ditto

Posted by ottorock | Report as abusive

Thank you very much. I spent the time I usually write here writing about my dad for the family memory table so you might say my loss was your gain.

I know some of you think I trump up foreclosuregate info, but it is staggeringly real. Should you care to look at this post, it gives a whole new meaning to the judges rubber stamping and the rocket dockets. [to save time the judge hands his stamps to the banks lawyers]

http://mattweidnerlaw.com/blog/2011/04/o utrage-of-the-day-exactly-who-runs-the-c ourtroom/

Posted by hsvkitty | Report as abusive