FACTBOX-Witnesses for U.S. financial crisis hearings
WASHINGTON, Jan 11 (Reuters) – The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, a 10-member panel formed by the U.S. Congress to examine the causes of the financial meltdown, will hold its first public hearings on Wednesday and Thursday this week. Here is a list of the witnesses scheduled to appear.
Wednesday, Jan 13:
Panel one, financial institution representatives:
* Lloyd Blankfein, chief executive of Goldman Sachs Group Inc.
* Jamie Dimon, chief executive of JPMorgan Chase & Co.
* John Mack, chairman of Morgan Stanley
* Brian Moynihan, chief executive of Bank of America Corp.
Panel two, financial market participants:
* Michael Mayo, managing director and financial services analyst at Calyon Securities (USA) Inc
* Kyle Bass, managing partner at Hayman Advisors
* Peter Solomon, chairman of Peter J. Solomon Co
Panel three, financial crisis impacts on the economy:
* Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody’s Economy.com
* Kenneth Rosen, chairman of the Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics at the University of California,Berkeley
* Julia Gordon, senior policy counsel at the Center for Responsible Lending
* Rusty Cloutier, chief executive of MidSouth Bancorp Inc.
Thursday, Jan 14:
Panel one, current investigations into the financial crisis
— federal officials:
* Eric Holder, U.S. attorney general
* Lanny Breuer, assistant attorney general in the criminal division of the Justice Department
* Sheila Bair, chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp
* Mary Schapiro, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission
Panel two, current investigations into the financial crisis
— state and local officials:
* Lisa Madigan, Illinois attorney general
* John Suthers, Colorado attorney general
* Denise Voigt Crawford, commissioner of the Texas
Securities Board and president of the North American
Securities Administrators Association
* Glenn Theobald, chief counsel of the Miami-Dade County Police Department
(Reporting by Karey Wutkowski)
((E-mail:email@example.com +1 202 898 8374))