The day ahead: Tuesday
* Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke speaks on “Reflections on a Year of Crisis on the anniversary of the fall of Lehman Brothers.
* A report on producer prices is expected to show that costlier oil is nudging up headline inflation by 0.8 percent, although excluding volatile food and energy economists were looking for a tame 0.1 percent rise.
* Retail sales figures are seen rising 2.0 percent for August after July’s 0.1 percent fall, but excluding autos they are seen only rising 0.4 percent.
* Top electronics chain Best Buy reports second-quarter results. Investors are looking to Adobe Systems’ quarterly earnings reports to see if sales of its CS4 suite of design software are starting to pick up after a lackluster launch.
* At the second day of the Reuters Russia Investment Summit, being held in Moscow, Kremlin Economic Adviser Arkady Dvorkovich, Svyazinvest Chairman Leonid Reiman and Unicredit Russia CEO Mikhail Alexeyev are in attendance.