* Also due is consumer confidence data for October, which is seen coming in flat at 53.1.
* BP is expected to kick off the busiest week of results for global oil majors with a 64 percent fall in net profit, as the industry banks on rebounding oil prices to offset dismal refining results.
* Visa, the world’s largest payment network, is expected to report higher quarterly earnings, as credit-strapped consumers used their debit cards more and expenses declined.
* Microsoft’s first quarter results are due, a day after its much-heralded launch of Windows 7.
* Boeing is expected to report a third-quarter loss tied to charges related to delays for its 787 Dreamliner and 747-8 freighter aircraft.
* In its first quarterly earnings report since announcing the Microsoft search deal, Yahoo will provide important updates about its core display advertising business.
* Bank of America may update investors on its search for a new CEO – or at least an “emergency” or “interim” replacement for Ken Lewis when it reports results. Mattel and Halliburton also report quarterly results.