* Bank of America may update investors on its search for a new CEO – or at least an “emergency” or “interim” replacement for Ken Lewis when it reports results. Mattel and Halliburton also report quarterly results.
* The Federal Reserve’s September Industrial Production report will probably show a moderation in output to 0.2 percent.
* Friday is the deadline for an indictment in the case of a Goldman Sachs programmer accused of stealing trade secrets.
* The market is looking at IBM for signs of improvement in corporate technology spending and comments on the company’s M&A strategy.
* JPMorgan Chase’s investment bank division is expected to report another stellar quarter, after leading league tables for debt and equity underwriting.
* President Barack Obama will seek to rally support for his proposal to create a watchdog agency that would protect consumers from risky financial products.