* The Federal Open Market Committee is expected to hold the target range for overnight interest rates steady at zero to 0.25 percent until at least 2010.
* Lithium battery maker A123 Systems and Artio, the U.S. asset management arm of Swiss bank Julius Baer, make their IPO debut.
* On the earnings front, expect results from AutoZone, General Mills and Bed Bath & Beyond.
In other news:
* The Federal Reserve begins its two-day open markets committee meeting.
* World leaders meet at U.N. headquarters in New York for a one-day climate summit.