* Motorola unveils new phones in San Francisco.
* The Senate Banking Committee holds a hearing to examine an SEC report that found its personnel assigned to the Bernard Madoff case were at times too inexperienced and resisted whistleblowers.
* The Bank of England is expected to leave rates unchanged at a record low 0.5 percent.
* Weekly jobless data and international trade numbers are expected.
* At the Reuters Global Climate and Alternative Energy Summit expect interviews with Toshiba General Manager of New Lighting Systems Division Kuniaki Kumamaru, Danish Environment Minister Connie Hedegaard, E.ON UK CEO Paul Golby and SunPower CEO Thomas Werner.