* A spike in gasoline prices probably lifted consumer prices in August, but the overall inflation picture remains benign as the economy struggles to emerge from recession.
* Oracle’s quarterly earnings will help investors gauge whether businesses are starting to boost technology spending, as some IT companies have predicted over the course of the summer.
* At the third day of the Reuters Russia Investment Summit being held in Moscow Reuters speaks with Credit Suisse Head of Private Banking Alexis Rodzianko, Aeroflot General Director Vitaly Savelyev and RTS CEO Roman Goryunov.
* Motorola unveils new phones in San Francisco.
* The Senate Banking Committee holds a hearing to examine an SEC report that found its personnel assigned to the Bernard Madoff case were at times too inexperienced and resisted whistleblowers.