WARNING: SOME IMAGES CONTAIN GRAPHIC CONTENT OR NUDITY From the uprisings across the Arab world to the devastating earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster in Japan, there was no lack of news in 2011. Reuters photographers covered the breaking news events as well as captured more intimate, personal stories. In this showcase, the photographers offer a behind the scenes account of the images that helped define the year. 100 PHOTOS

Impressive photos with a tear. What are we doing.

Posted by stanbouman | Report as abusive

Very well captured remarkable variety of different “human capabilities”. In a sad way…
Thanks to the photographers for sharing this with us!

Posted by JanarEit | Report as abusive

Great work. Thanks for posting the photo specs.

Posted by brandontee | Report as abusive

Theses photographers and the moments they capture are the reason I love photography and the reason my passion for it will never die.
Thank you for your inspiring work, never stop!

Posted by rain-summers | Report as abusive

how many Canon pays … ?

Posted by Lightsensitive | Report as abusive

This photo from Portugal is haunting. Incredible work.

Posted by amyselwyn | Report as abusive

Love the pictures! Thanks so much for posting them. If the pictures weren’t so good, I would think its an advert for Canon.

Posted by DiscipleofRaam | Report as abusive

This is not a humanly act.

Posted by Pukar | Report as abusive

ENORME!!!

Posted by agapitos | Report as abusive

Quite a year we have had, quite a year.

Posted by stephencanning | Report as abusive

Great photography ! Please share the happy moments !

Posted by Happyemployee | Report as abusive

The picture with the boy and the bear just made me cry… this is so sad.

Posted by Gophamet | Report as abusive

In the face of this tremendous violence I really hope that the photographers were not harmed. It’s amazing that they were able to take shots and just get away with that. As a photographer I would’ve thought to be dead by the time my fingertip hit the shutter release…, especially when being an eye witness of people trying to kill someone else. I mean, isn’t that making it worse? You never know, the next moment it could be you with the gun pointed at your head. Honestly, I can’t find the appeal in taking shots of people being violent or exposed to violence and I never was a fan of combat journalism because what they show us is really disgusting. Therefore, I am glad to read that even these photographers are struggling with repulsion while being on their “missions”.

Posted by maxiwi | Report as abusive

Nice, very nice….
(Note: there are only 99 photos and one warning)

Posted by Sudheendra | Report as abusive

What a year we had. Thanks to all the photographers for sharing these moments and stories with us. I appreciate the technicality of photography not everyone gets the hang of it but what I appreciate more is the guts and courage and will to take these images to tell a story. I can imagine how they’d like to react at some point and thinking at the same time of not interfering in a situation. Most of the photos are painful to see and ironically beautiful due to its composition and the message which it conveys.

Posted by poipiroutte | Report as abusive

So only 1 photo of Occupy Wall Street and it’s of a guy getting shaved? No images of the police brutality in Oakland or the 30,000+ person march and demonstration in NYC on November 17th? Did the corporate advertising dollars protest too much? Nothing to see here in the United States folks, move along. Pathetic.

Posted by WitnessToLife | Report as abusive

It’s kind of interesting that so many pictures out of this “100 best of the year” are actually dealing with violence, war or catastrophes. Why does one necessarily need a chocking picture to win an award these days?? What about “nice” pictures of happy events? What about raw and peaceful nature, unspoiled by destructing human (yeah, those last 2 words are a bit redundant) activities??

Posted by thomastriplet | Report as abusive

You censored my comment?!

Posted by WitnessToLife | Report as abusive

These photos are fantastic. Thank you for posting specs from camera.

However photo 57 is fake. This photo was the subject of massive controversy early this year as I am sure Reuters is aware. It is fake because there are 2 shadows missing, 1 from the rocket’s dense exhaust, and one from the “RPG” that would be sticking out in front of the man’s shadow.

Reuters also listed the Camera as the Canon 7D, and the focal length as 200mm. The f-stop is listed as 4.9, which is not a valid f-stop number with any camera that I am aware of, and certainly not on the 7D with a 200mm lens which I am holding in my hand.

I feel that the photographer got away with fooling Reuters, and they were too excited about publishing a photo that was too good to be true.

Posted by JStanek716 | Report as abusive

typical Reuters slant…the world’s a terrible place and we’re all helpless victims…boohoo

Posted by jca | Report as abusive

Image 57 : Photoshoped
Are you serious about image 57 ? or is it a joke ?
Do you know what is an RPG ?

Posted by samoran | Report as abusive

I am not agree on the comment of Jon Nazca(the photographer)about the picture taken in the Holly Week of Málaga – Spain. He says that the two girls had those faces because they were in love of Banderas. The feeling of catholic people during the Holy Week is not possible to explain,and Antonio’s speech was about that, the love to the others and to God. So, these two girls were not falling in love with Antonio Banderas, they were touched by the Pregon that he gave and the “aura” of the Holly Week. You can try to take a picture of someone but you don’t know about the feelings of people when you are taking the photo.
Anyway, congratulations because the photos are amazing.

Posted by Monkiest | Report as abusive

so cute…

Posted by beautyghd | Report as abusive

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
press release writing service

Posted by alice3372 | Report as abusive

This image gives me many peace…

Posted by Yougamebay | Report as abusive

ooo…. thanks for your nice information ..great blog.I have to change it to embedded just to get the threaded reply. A

Posted by BIGsmall | Report as abusive

Reuter’s photographers enclosed the contravention news proceedings as well as imprison closer, individual story.

http://usatermpapers.com/essay-writing-h elp/buy-essays-online.htm

Posted by ojalmadhavi | Report as abusive

quebecois
Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!

Posted by qustion | Report as abusive

I’m impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that’s each educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is excellent; the problem is something that not enough individuals are talking intelligently about. I’m very pleased that I stumbled throughout this in my seek for something referring to this.

magnificent publish, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not notice this. You should continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!

Terrific work! This is the kind of info that are meant to be shared across the internet. Shame on Google for not positioning this submit upper! Come on over and consult with my web site . Thanks =)

I received my qrlgcsju’S FOR Your Yuletide When i Dropped For each other At a shop! They are simply Now Relaxing I WISH We could Sleep at night Inside. It happens to be Worth the cost. Appreciate Adore Really enjoy These individuals!!

“Those I called desired to take hold of a property and put these individuals available without any subsequent intending according to risk tolerance and / or the things i asked to utilize any property more than a long time,Half inch she states that. “These were being top quality counselors exactly who just didn’t view the everyday life intending costs associated with the serious obstacles of growing aged the united states. With its model, these would not be certain that a funds would certainly be as durable after i could need the idea in order to.

I don’t even know the way I finished up here, but I believed this submit used to be great. I do not realize who you might be but definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t already ;) Cheers!