WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT INCLUDED. Our top photos from the past week 20 PHOTOS

the woman looking through the shattered glass. Her eyes speaks a log. Is she looking through her shattered life of her country??????

Posted by AKSundar | Report as abusive

Except that the person laughing in the background is actually a young boy, not a woman. The men are wearing the skirts here.

Posted by jmochi | Report as abusive

Kiljoy616. WHAT? First, there are no women in this photo. Suggesting that women are turned on by this type of violence is just disturbing.

That being said, I did find the most striking part of the image the laughing BOYS in the photo taking pics of the man. They have been desensitized through constant exposure to these horrors. So sad. Violence begets violence.

Posted by xkjanex | Report as abusive

@Kiljoy616: Which photo do you mean? If it is number 10, that is actually a little boy wearing a sarong/dhoti/futah

Posted by Repce | Report as abusive

# 13 looks like a Serpent

Posted by Aquataze | Report as abusive

I so love him! He is adorable

Posted by JUDAHBENZIZA | Report as abusive

These are very interesting and disturbing photos..I live on a peaceful island in the USA and until I open my computer I am completely isolated from world events. I found the pictures of North American activities so incongruous to most of the other world event pictures.I am in some distinct way embarrassed by what appears to be the very frivolous activity in the USA while other people of the world are in the throws of turmoil and suffering.Yes, I realize that I sound very naive and I am.I ponder is this a good or bad thing,as I go outside to feed the wild birds..people are starving and being killed.Is this freedom? Please comment.

Posted by RustyKnickerson | Report as abusive

House Rules:
  • We moderate all comments and will publish everything that advances the story directly or with relevant tangential information
  • We try not to publish comments that we think are offensive or appear to pass you off as another person, and we will be conservative if comments may be considered libelous.