Money managers under the microscope
Reuters HedgeWorld webinar on prime brokerage
By Chris Clair
On Nov 10, Reuters HedgeWorld will present a 90-minute web seminar all about prime brokerage.
It’s been a little more than a year since the prime broking industry changed forever with the demise of Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns … or did it change forever? Certainly there are more small and mid-size players in the space, but what has that actually meant for the hedge fund industry? Moreover, how can hedge fund managers ensure they’re choosing the right prime broker to suit their needs and get the most out of the relationship?
Joining HedgeWorld will be three experts on the subject: Sameer Shalaby, chief executive of technology company Paladyne Systems; Glen Dailey, managing director at prime brokerage firm Jefferies & Co.; and Craig Stein, partner at the law firm Schulte, Roth & Zabel LLP. Each will share his insight into:
* How many prime brokers are enough?
* What questions managers should ask themselves, and potential prime brokers, as they evaluate their options?
* What are the different roles prime brokers play today, and how much they charge?
* What do prime brokers do for different hedge fund strategies?
* What’s the importance of prime broker services in a new era of regulatory compliance?
* How can managers to marry their prime brokers to their technology?
… and much more.
To find details or to register for the program or the CD-ROM of the program, visit the registration page.