Like horror films? Here’s how you can win some cash

July 31, 2008

Way back when I was in college, a friend challenged me to watch “The Exorcist” all alone at home, after midnight, in exchange for a thousand rupees.

Of course, being the coward that I am (when it comes to horror films), I declined the offer. Being richer by one thousand rupees wasn’t worth putting myself through such an ordeal.

phoonkLooking back though, maybe I should have said yes. That kind of bravery could have won me a cool 500,000 rupees today.

Yes, that’s the amount producers of the upcoming horror flick “Phoonk” are offering viewers if they can watch the film all alone in a theatre.

A lucky few will be shortlisted through a contest that kicks off next week. They will then watch the Ram Gopal Varma film in a darkened hall, with only the empty seats for company.

To win, contestants will have to sit through the entire film (roughly 180 minutes in duration) without bolting in terror through the exit doors.

“We’ve got such a great response to our website (http://www.phoonk.in/) that we decided to turn this into a contest,” says Neeraj Joshi, head of the marketing and promotions department of One More Thought productions, which is producing ‘Phoonk’.

The film, about a family traumatized by black magic, opens in cinemas on August 22.

Now, every week I get paid (by my employer, of course) to watch movies and write about them. If someone is willing to pay me a lot of money to do the same thing, I am game. After all, nobody said anything about keeping your eyes open.

i must say good info.
i m ready for this challenge
can u give details
is it that contest will be shown on the phoonk website??

Posted by MANISH SHARMA | Report as abusive

Hi! Yes I m ready to take part in your contest on my own risk, because i m very much in need of money. If i win it realy save my life.

Posted by Mohamad Naeem R khan | Report as abusive

yes It is good oppertunities to get going

Posted by Rajiv Kumar | Report as abusive

i m ready for this challenge
can u plz. give me details abt this.

Posted by vivek | Report as abusive

I am ready to watch this movie alone in cinema hall,
What is the procedure for it??

Michael Lucas

sounds fantastic & scary…i definately want 2 accept this challange.

Posted by Nishant | Report as abusive

I want to accept this challenge, pls give me opportunity to participate in this contest, I am dare enough to watch any type of horror movie, pls revert to me. I will be awaiting for your mail. My contact no is 9980669651.

Thanks
with regards
Venkatesh

Posted by Venkatesh N. | Report as abusive

I am ready to watch this movie alone in cinema hall,
What is the procedure for it??

u heard rite ……Is PHOONK an Indian horror movie???????…..
lol…
m dam sure that it would be an comedy or some type of boring movies …..Indian cant make an horror movie that can make us burn ourself out in theater! ……aur rahi baat challenge ki to then would have mention some details how to participate in the contest…..as they haven’t done!!! ….[b]This is all for marketing and promoting there movie!!!! and make us …..FOOLS!!!![/b]
and if at all there’s challenge or something………….. then….m ready for it!!![8)]
contact me on
ronak_cool32@yahoo.com

–R()N@K

Hey Ramu, stop your jazz and just come to the point.PLEASE begin with the contest,flash the details coz I’m desperate to be scared of yet another Indian horror. Also,keep your cheque ready.You’ll definetely want to cast me for your next horror.So Ramu,stop beating round the bush and begin with the GAME OF HORROR.
See you soon Bro.

Posted by James Kuttan | Report as abusive

Am game for the challenge. Ramu, keep the cheque ready. No TDS please, full Rs. 5,00,000 please.

Posted by Sanjeev Jain | Report as abusive

Hi PHOONK Team,

I will love to be the contest participant to watch PHOONK alone in the theatre.

I am sure I will able to watch PHOONK even though I never try to watch any horror movie alone even at my resident

Good luck to all contestant too..
Rohit B. Jain

Posted by Rohit B. Jain | Report as abusive

i am really intersted to see such a movies can u please mail how we can sent the mail for them

Posted by singaravelu R | Report as abusive

this is is the most intersting movie and iwant to see this movie how can be ragstred name for this movie

Posted by ASHU | Report as abusive

give me chance varma garu.i intrastad your moves

Posted by ganesh | Report as abusive

yes its a great chance and an opportunity to watch such kind of movie ,so i m ready for this movie

Posted by anup sharma | Report as abusive

I am ready to watch this movie because I love watching the horror movie from my childhood and in alone.

Hi,

I am ready to take the challenge, but have few doubts, e.g. will the contest be open all over India or is it confined to Bombay and when would the details be announced???

Sumi

Posted by Sumita | Report as abusive

i too want to participate in this contest because i am a fan of horror movies. your movies are great.they have a good entertaining concepts. what is the procedure to participate?

a great opportunity to win 5 lacks, if it is true. i am ready for the horror show…give me a chance… RGV

Posted by venkat | Report as abusive

Hi…
I am ready to take this challange.

regards,
Hemant jha

Posted by Hemant | Report as abusive

why one should get scared.After all actor and actress who are human beings are acting in the film.If they are scared to make up and dress in spooky attire why sould one get frightened about the movie.

Posted by hemant | Report as abusive

list me if the amount is worth I shall avail the opportunity

Posted by hemant | Report as abusive

m excited to watch dis movie all alone…. waiting for da contest to take place…

Posted by mansi singal | Report as abusive

I AM VERY EAGER TO WATCH THIS MOVIE “PHOONK”AND I CAN CHALLENGE R.G.VARMA THAT IF I WOULD GET A CHANCE TO WATCH THIS MOVIE ALONE I WONT BE SCARED FOR A SECOND ALSO SO PLEASE GIVE ME THE DETAILS.

Posted by mohd kalim sheikh | Report as abusive

I WANT TO WATCH THIS MOVIE ALL ALONE FOR SAKE OF MY CAREER SOI PLEASE GIVE ME ACHANCE .MY CONTACT NO. IS 9923118976.

Posted by mohd kalim sheikh | Report as abusive

Good publicity , I challenge ro RGV even if he had 3D horror flik i would have watched it alone

Posted by suhail | Report as abusive

Would love to watch it, i love horror movies and its a nice challenge.

Posted by Hemanth | Report as abusive

I am ready to accept this offer….

Posted by Santosh | Report as abusive

now every kid around the corner knows that the movie is not more than the crap. Even the kids were not afraid.
Ramu grow up… if u want to make off beat movies, make some sensible movie, not a crap like this.

As a film maker its your responsibility to spread fresh waves in spite of bad rumors.

Posted by vipul | Report as abusive

I can see any horror movie, i can challance,but i want money
MY cell Number : 9652214531