A few thoughts on Tax Day
1) Dems have ripped the Bush tax cuts yet want to keep 95 percent of them.
2) Even the middle class ones may only be extended through the 2012 election by Congress. That will make for a nice presidential campaign issue!
3) New research shows that raising taxes on rich may now cost more revenue than it produces. We are on the wrong side of the Laffer Curve, people.
4) If WH thinks Americans consume too much and save too little, why do they want to raise taxes on savings and investment?
5) Why raise taxes on capital when the first quarter of 2010 saw the lowest commitments to venture capital since 1993.
6) These tax hikes (letting the Bush tax hikes expire on the so-called wealthy) would hit the bulk of small biz profits.