Consumer czar Warren not worried about GOP ‘enemies’
White House consumer czar Elizabeth Warren gave an interesting interview to the LA Times. Among the highlights:
1. She says the only banks that new consumer rules will hurt are those whose profits are based on “tricks and traps.” (That’s a phrase she used repeatedly in the chat.)
2. She thinks she has plenty of power in her current role even if the exact limits are murky.
3. It kind of sounds like she would still like to head the new agency.
4. The consumer agency would have prevented the massive housing bubble and resulting financial crisis.
5. I will let this bit speak for itself:
Are you concerned about what Republicans might do should they take majority control of the House or the Senate?
This agency has enemies, political and economic. That won’t change what I do. I’ll keep working every single minute to build a strong, independent agency to represent American families.