Sony: ‘We respect & understand our partners’ decision & completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees&theater-goers”
Sony: ‘We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company…”
Sony: ‘We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.’ #HackingHollywood
WASHINGTON/BOSTON, Dec 17 (Reuters) – Government
investigators fear the hackers behind the unprecedented attack
on Sony’s Hollywood studio may never be caught if they are under
the protection of North Korea, a U.S. official said on
The law enforcement official, who declined to be identified
because the investigation is ongoing, said authorities will
require significant time to definitively confirm their
suspicions that North Korea sponsored the attack, which severely
damaged the movie studio’s network.
BOSTON (Reuters) – The New York premiere of “The Interview”, a Sony Pictures comedy about the assassination of North Korean President Kim Jong-Un, has been canceled and a source said one theatre chain had scrapped plans to show it, after threats from a hacking group.
The hackers, who said they were also responsible for seizing control of Sony Corp’s computer system last month, on Tuesday warned people to stay away from cinemas showing the film starring James Franco and Seth Rogen, and darkly reminded moviegoers of the Sept. 11 hijacked plane attacks on the United States in 2001.