Microsoft, Yahoo deadline looms
And just in case Yahoo felt Ballmer’s comments were vague, Microsoft CFO Chris Liddell repeated: “We have yet to see tangible evidence that our bid substantially undervalues the company (Yahoo) … In fact, we see the opposite.”
Will they stay or will they go?
Alley Insider’s Henry Blodget is betting there’s a 60 percent chance Microsoft walks. After reporting a mixed quarter and below-target forecast, it’s looking unlikely Microsoft will raise its bid.
The X-factor: what will Time Warner do over the weekend if Microsoft walks?
Keep an eye on:
- AOL’s sites show gains in traffic. (WSJ)
- comScore defends its analysis of Google’s paid click data. (AlleyInsider)
- Yahoo expands data sharing among friends online. (Reuters)
- Second Life gets Organic CEO. (Reuters) (video)
- WPP’s first quarter revenue growth hit by weakness in Western Europe. North America holds up better. (Reuters)
- Google close to buying Digg.com? (AllThingsD)