Murdoch book to drop in Feb ’09
The fruits of his labor — “The Man Who Owns The News: Inside the Secret World of Rupert Murdoch” — hits shelves Feb. 17, 2009 for $27.95.
Here are a couple of things we’d like to know (in no particular order):
* Just how many more Dow Jones employees he plans to hire for its global expansion?
* When is a purchase too good to pass up?
* Viacom’s Sumner Redstone’s got MonaVie. What’s Rupert’s secret?
* When will the WSJ run comics? (We love the sketches, but it won’t cut it for the kiddies.)
* Did he find his wedding ring?
From Random House: With unprecedented access to Rupert Murdoch himself, and his associates and family, Wolff chronicles the astonishing growth of Murdoch’s $70 billion media kingdom. In intimate detail, he probes the Murdoch family dynasty, from the battles that have threatened to destroy it to the reconciliations that seem to only make it stronger. Drawing upon hundreds of hours of interviews, he offers accounts of the Dow Jones takeover as well as plays for Yahoo! and Newsday as they’ve never been revealed before.
(Photo: Random House)