MediaFile

Apple says new iPod nano is “toxic free”

September 9, 2008

iPod nano 2 iPod nanoApple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled a new iPod nano that lets users shuffle songs by shaking the device.

Not content with the so-called “shake to shuffle” feature, Jobs also boasted that the nano is the thinnest and cleanest iPod Apple has ever made, calling it “highly recyclable,” “mercury free” and … um … “toxic free.”

The 8-gigabyte model costs $149 and the 16-gigabyte version costs $199.

(Photo: Reuters)

Comments
11 comments so far | RSS Comments RSS

Anyway he can get rid of the toxic arrogance of apple fanatics?

Posted by Ben | Report as abusive

Ben spewed:Anyway he can get rid of the toxic arrogance of apple fanatics?

Not without removing the ‘toxic arrogance’ of those whose feelings are easily bruised and offended, . . Ben . . ; )

Posted by Matt | Report as abusive

it is not toxic free for me

Ben pondered: Anyway he can get rid of the toxic arrogance of apple fanatics?

Answer: Yes Ben, you can in fact get rid of toxic arrogance of Apple fanatics. How? By getting rid of the pandemic stupidity of everyone else.

Posted by Rob | Report as abusive

I like the orange one !!

Posted by Simply Orange | Report as abusive

Sandisk was first with the Sansa Shaker, this is a rip off of that products shake ‘n’ shuffle technology.

I have a 160 Gigabyte iPod Classic and I like being able to carry most of my music library with me too much to ever consider a little 8 or 16 Gig unit,…no matter HOW pretty they are. Capacity Rules!

Posted by Olddog | Report as abusive

This site and the nano news looks pretty interesting.

$149 sounds ok; but I’d like to pay less for still more!

Did he claim to be the lead inventor on this one aswell? the patent for the iphone says it was invented by Steve Jobs et al…. I wonder how he has time to invent anything these days with all his journalist abusing sessions and flying from conference to conference pulling computers out of manila envelopes

Posted by Andrew | Report as abusive

Macs will always triumph over PC’s because PC’s are DUMB!!! :)

Posted by james Carter | Report as abusive