Bravo back with more housewives, fashionistas, crazies
Bravo unveiled its new TV lineup at its upfront breakfast on Tuesday– and it’s chock full of more of those grating characters and train-wreck scenarios that have proved so successful for the cable network.
At the breakfast in Manhattan’s Russian Tea Room, executives played down the recession, played up a recent New York Times article and announced that a cable network known for its unscripted shows is developing two scripted dramas, “Blueprint” and “30 under 30.”
So how is Bravo doing? Sales executive Susan Malfa said Bravo accounted for 14 of the top 15 product placements last year, added 100 new advertisers, and posted its best sales year to date. She and other Bravo executives then unveiled the cable network’s largest slate of returning shows, new shows and programs in development.
Here is Bravo’s description of those new shows and development deals:
- AMERICAN ARTIST: American Artist will bring together 12 aspiring artists to compete for a gallery show, a cash prize and a sponsored national tour.
- DESIGN SIXX: Husband and wife design team Cortney and Robert Novogratz have made it their business to seek out abandoned buildings across Manhattan. Their company, Sixx Design, has established an international reputation by taking those buildings and transforming them into multimillion-dollar living spaces.
- KELL ON EARTH: Bravo takes a no-holds-barred look into the life of one of America’s most legitimate tastemakers as she balances running her wildly successful fashion PR company, People’s Revolution, with being a single mother and one of New York’s most notable women about town.
- LAUNCH MY LINE: Bravo’s newest fashion competition series, features 10 established fashion designers paired with pop culture notables, who are highly regarded in their own field of expertise, but have always dreamed of having their own line.
- ERIC B.: Vivacious and wildly creative, Eric Buterbaugh is the florist of choice for celebrities, power brokers and anyone else compelled to have one of the world’s most exclusive floral designers conceptualizing and executing the look of their special events.
- JACKIE’S GYM TAKEOVER: She’s used to completely making over people’s bodies and minds – now Jackie Warner is making over businesses. As a fitness expert, gym owner and entrepreneur Warner will use her experience to whip struggling gyms back into shape.
- LAURA BENNETT: From the looks of the perennially put together Laura Bennett, one would never know what insanity brews in her downtown loft filled with a husband, a band of misbehaving pets, and a small army of children under the age of 12.
- SECRET LIFE OF SUPERMODELS: Even the world’s most beautiful women have unusual passions, complicated relationships and every day problems.
- SOCIAL HEIGHTS: Bravo’s newest docu-series, “Social Heights,” follows a close group of Manhattan friends as they try to stake their claim to social prominence.
(Photo: The cast of the fourth season of “Top Chef” in an undated image courtesy of Bravo)