Here’s a note that my editor received from the press agent for Line2, which bills itself as “one of the most famous and best selling apps for the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (Android is being announced just before CES).” Among other things, Line2 “is a second line on your iPhone or Android phone that allows you to place and receive calls and SMS for free over Wi-Fi. When Wi-Fi is unavailable, Line2 will connect over a 3G/4G data connection or the cellular network. Never miss a call because you are out of range or Wi-Fi or cellular coverage.”
You have received the following last week but we just wanted to post it again for your convenience
1. A Car And Driver To Take You To Important CES Appointments
2. A Six Month Free Trial Subscription of Line2
3. A 25% Discount on Six Months of Service For All Of Your Readers
4. A Chance To Say Hello To Peter Sisson, CEO of Toktumi, Parent Company of Line2, On Wednesday Night at Pepcom
5. Individual Appointments For Thursday, January 6th, at Line2 One Day Only Booth, North Hall… Peter will be happy to meet you any time during CES — Be sure to catch Line2 at FashionWare, the first ever runway show that will unveil the next generation in wearable technology – Friday night, 6pm at the Fashion Mall.
This made me think about reporters, accepting gifts and the policies that lots of media outlets have that say we’re not supposed to do that. Our policy is here in its entirety. Here is an excerpt: