Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Dude! Is there ANYTHING you wouldn’t wear?

June 29, 2007

Confidential security memo to Fashion Week staff: Please be very alert this week. We believe an ex-employee may try to sabotage our show by dressing male models in incredibly lame outfits. Ties and vests with no shirt, improvised shiny skirts on trouserless guys, silly sunglasses. Who knows how far this madman will go?

We presume most models would refuse to wear such “creations” in the name of human dignity, but it’s just possible a few may fail to question even the most farcical ensembles. We hope our many gruntled staffers won’t let a lone disgruntled renegade spoil the spectacle.

More Oddly Enough Blogfashion shiny 300.jpg

Models present creations by French designer Jean-Paul Gaultier as part of his Spring/Summer 2008 men’s fashion collection in Paris, June 28, 2007. REUTERS/Philippe Wojazer

Comments

It’s very Trojan meets Prince.

Or maybe it’s Greek meets Elton John.

Or maybe it’s Persian meets Ru Paul.

Or maybe it just needs to be killed, burned, and then buried under 300 feet of snow and ice in Antarctica at a secret location where no one will ever be able to find it again.

His fingernails match. Bleargh.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

OMG! I didn’t even NOTICE his fingernails!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Umm… erm… O.o Is this the new mini-kilt everyone is raving about?

Posted by Lady Weasel | Report as abusive

I’m afraid my wife now thinks I like this outfit, and I’ll probably get it for my birthday…

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

a hat, socks — oh yeah, a nametag.

Raving. Funny, Lady Weasel.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Dear Santa,
I know it’s only Jun bud I circoled what I want for Christmas. The circole didn’t stae after I hit Refresh. You are the real Santa so you know what I want for Christmas. Not lik that fake Santa that had to di.
Your friend,
Barry
Inmate #73528-11939
Rykers Island

p.s. All of my postes must contan my inmate number and where I am in prison or I get anothr month in Solitary. Sory if that scares you.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Upskirters, beware!

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Ah tole ye Martha. At boy ain’ rite.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

I can’t see myself wearing plastic in summer. A ‘kilt,’ I maybe could do.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Dude, we’re just joking around. Don’t get your panties in an uproar.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

[thought bubble]
Eighty-six bottles of beer on the wall
Eighty-six bottles of beer

Or was that seventy-six?

God, I hope I make it back to the start of the runway before the spins get me.

Seventy-eight bottles of beer on the wall
Seventy-eight bottles of beer

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

For a vegetarian, Jean-Paul, you’re an evil designer.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

The drummer in the background couldn’t help matching the male model’s pace while brushing, “Chut-chuh chah, chut-chuh chah, chut-chuh chah.”

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

This may be the only fashion show in history where the *women* in the audience are trying to look up the models’ skirts.

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

Oh, Gosh!! No panty hoses on! What a shame, man!

Emilio, Emilio, Emilio: Don’t you realize that panty hose went out of style about five years ago?

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

Doesn´t it all have to do with old-fashioned clothes? Sorry!
No more true men… Don´t you agree, Miss Charlene?

i love the shaved legs with the skirt…

leave that to the girls morons…!!!

Posted by kay | Report as abusive

You all are missing one very important detail:

This outfit would look horrendous even on a WOMAN. Too much on top; it’s completely unbalanced. You’d definitely have to lose the jacket. And probably the tie.

Of course, he’d look even more like The Metrosexual Ancient Egyptian Astronaut from Mars, but at least it wouldn’t look so top-heavy. The under-top (in style, anyway) and the skirt by themselves would look kind of cute on a nice, leggy, busty woman, though. :D

Posted by JW | Report as abusive

“We believe an ex-employee may try to sabotage our show by dressing male models in incredibly lame outfits.”
Did he mean lame or Lame’?
Actually, I’m not sure it matters…

Good question. It’s lame as in really, really lame. An outfit made from the frenchie kind of lame would probably be an improvement.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

We just can’t take our eyes of the vest top and tie combination.
See you later innovator.

Posted by Cy Nical | Report as abusive

evidently you guys know nothing about the fashion industry..or you wouldnt be criticising his work at all. get a bit smarter before you make these comments!! he’s an artist.

Posted by simone | Report as abusive

Picasso was an artist, too, but I wouldn’t want him to design my clothes.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Why, oh why? Why do they wear those things?… They must be paid to do that…

Cheers,
UmNome

Prenda de Natal em http://www.prenda-de-natal.com
E muita informação em http://www.UmNome.com