Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Flush the fudge to fool the fuzz?

August 7, 2007

fudge-300.jpgA slogan among serious Internet hackers says that “information wants to be free.” A sentiment among some folks holds that fudge wants to be free, as well.

A woman was charged with burglary after police said she made a late-night raid on a fudge shop and escaped with as much fudge as she could carry.

According to the Washington Post, police who questioned her at a nearby hotel noticed that she had huge amounts of fudge stuffed in her pockets. Like, if that’s a crime, they might as well come and get me, too. But anyway, the story said the thief apparently tried to get rid of the loot by flushing it in a restroom, clogging a toilet in the process. It occurs to me that determining the toilet was clogged by rocky road fudge instead of, you know, the usual, is about the least glamorous police job I’ve heard about in a long time. Lindsay Claiborn reports:

Comments

May the cocoa plant never become extinct. Even endangered would be chilling.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

They failed to convict when it was discovered that all the fudge was missing from the evidence locker.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

It might have been better to eat the evidence.

Posted by K. | Report as abusive

Dear Terry,
Watch that double-keystroke (you typed an extra W). Welcome to the Odd Blog.

now Master Basil will beat shawn for welcoming you. only Master Basil may greet people. bad shawn. bad.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

I guess they didn’t have paper or plastic.

“We make jokes of ill people and uncivil behavior then fob it off as news. Symptomatic of societal disorder.”

No, we make fun of people who commit stupid crimes. :)

Posted by Lady Weasel | Report as abusive

Hey there, Shawn. Is this really because you’ve
got nothing else to do or do they pay you to shill
for these articles.
I ‘member, years ago, in my newspaper days, we used to clip the coupons of our advertisers to “improve” their responses. Are you doing the same? ‘Tis a good idea to change yer name occasionally, just for verisimilitude.
Ciao

Sorry, James. It’s the one my Dad and Mom gave me. I’m living in a shipping container fitted out as living quarters. Not much to do of an evening but watch AFN TV’s lacksadaisical programming, read (just finished Potter 7), blog, or cruise adultress sites. My time remaining is too short to take college courses.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Basler,

Have you been skimming money that should be going to an Odd Blog ‘shill?’ If so, what is the going rate these days? If not, what are the going rates these days?

Your bud,

Shawn

p.s. Gotta go. Mr. Deeds is on.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Sorry, Shawn, but I’ve just been keeping the “shill” money they give me. However, please be patient, because passing it out to commenters is way up on my “to do” list….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive