Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Introducing the waist-necklace?

September 19, 2007

Once again the fashion industry takes a turn for the practical, offering up this outfit perfectly suited for a wide range of occasions, whether you’re representing deadbeats in tax court, walking your ferret, flying in your gyrocopter, or just enjoying an evening of miniature golf.

My only problem is, in spite of being a longtime observer of the haute couture scene, sometimes they hit me with confusing new articles of clothing, like that uni-sleeve deal a few weeks ago.

I’m not quite sure what to call that piece of jewelry hanging from this model’s waist. It’s like, you know, a necklace that slid down, or like a really heavy belt, and frankly I’m not completely sure she is even wearing it in the right place. So if you happen to own one, can you please check the box it came in and see what they call it?

More Oddly Enough Blog

fashion-purple-300.jpg

A model displays a creation by Spanish designer Francisco Montesinos during the Spring/Summer 2007-08 Pasarela Cibeles fashion show in Madrid September 17, 2007 REUTERS/Susana Vera

Comments

I would call it a “pair of very uncomfortable panties worn on the outside”.

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

It appears she may have confused her tiara and belt.

Or maybe it’s the newest thing in chastity belts. Anyone see a padlock?

Regardless, someone should tell her not to pull her top up so far. She’s in danger of spillage.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

Spillage, K? She sneers in the face of spillage. (And in the face of everything else, if the photo is to be believed.)

Although I haven’t seen a hat like that since Elmer Fudd in Rabbit of Seville.

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

I’m still wondering why she has a bonsai tree growing out of her head.

Hey, you think that waist necklace could be some kind of World Wrestling Federation trophy?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

^^ YES!! It could become the winner’s belt of the “WMM” (World Model Meltdown)

Posted by Lady Weasel | Report as abusive

I’d hate to date a woman with a neck that thick. That’s just me, mind you.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

My elderly mother-in-law once told me that during her twenties, a long pearl necklace stategically knotted was known as a p*ssy knocker. I see no reason we can’t recycle the retro term.

Posted by LA Marlowe | Report as abusive

What’s up with her right arm?! Has it died in horror of the rest of her outfit?!

Posted by Blaidd | Report as abusive

She found it in the dumpster.
Don’t you like it?

How about the tree?

Posted by yangpu6 | Report as abusive

In the Medieval and early Renaissance eras, waist adornments were called girdles. I wish the picture had focussed more on it that the whole model. Of course, back then the dresses covered more too. LOL!

Posted by Morgan | Report as abusive