Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

You! In the bikini! Move to the left!

September 26, 2007

Okay, I enjoy lame as much as the next guy, but sometimes there needs to be a line in the sand. An appropriate expression, by the way, because the subject here is a beach.

To qualify for a Guinness world record, somebody got 1,010 bikini-clad women together on a beach in Australia. Does that strike you as being difficult at all? I mean, women in bikinis! Where else are they going to be?

What’s next in this person’s relentless quest for the impossible? Seeing how many dark suits he can find at the FBI? Counting Krispy Kreme doughnuts at NYPD Headquarters?

Well, I’m personally limiting my coverage of this “event” to just my blog posting, a slideshow, and some video footage. Enough is enough.

More Oddly Enough Blog

bikinis-360.jpg

Women dressed in bikinis pose for a photographer on Sydney’s Bondi Beach September 26, 2007. REUTERS/Tim Wimborne

Comments

You gotta hand it to the Guiness executives. Every time they make the short walk from publishing to brewing, good things happen.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Australian transvestites in bikinis look strange down under.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Now all I need is thirty cans of shortening and an electric guitar.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Should have done a hot zombie lurch while they were at ti.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Hey! RECOUNT! Miss Second-from-left isn’t wearing a bikini!

(I mention this because I’m likely the only one actually looking at the CLOTHES.)

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

Raise your hand if you’d gladly dress like a frog in order to get attention.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

Well, considering that I can’t gather one bikini-clad women on a beach, yeah, I’d say that was quite an accomplishment.

hi fans,
i like girls with and without bikinis …

Posted by kevin mitnick | Report as abusive