Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Do not make eye contact with the models

October 22, 2007

Quick quiz: the model in this fashion photograph…

a) isn’t likely to wait long to meet the teachers at Parents’ Night
b) is wondering if she should have chosen a simple black dress and pearls
c) is boldly concealing a massive zit on her forehead
d) is seen in her one-woman play about a Hostess Twinkie riddled with angst

fashion-russia-300.jpg

A model presents a creation by the Russian fashion house “Fresh Art” during a show at the Russian Fashion Week in Moscow, October 20, 2007. REUTERS/Sergei Karpukhin

Comments

Gwen Stefani, sugarplum fairy.

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

“Does this tutu make my thighs look fat?”

Posted by Lady Weasel | Report as abusive

Looks like one of those tissue-paper table decorations that fold out.
Gotta love those costume contes… er, (cough) fashion shows>

Posted by Amy | Report as abusive

Fresh Art: Home of gender ambiguous modeling for over one year.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Missed a spot.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Do rag plus cyclonic winds equals high fashion.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

This is an incredible and inspiring photograph. I am Russian but I know little about my cultur (My grandfather was from Russia and he died before I was born). Anyhow I will be attending the \”Multicultural Kickoff\” at the University of Minnesota in July and im thinking, \”If I had to represewnt my culture (that of my ancestors. I preferr not to embrace my American culture)howould I dress? The only modern Russian fashion I know (how an authentic Russian woman would dress) is of Natalia Vodianova. SoI Googled Russian Fashion and THIS IS MAGNIFICANT! **************************************** *****************************Earlier a blog posted by Lady Weasel stated \” Does this tutu make my butt look fat?\”… Yes, I noticed this too. But think about this, aren\’t alot of American models too skiny. It becomes stressful for us everyday women to keep up! it causes depression and eating disorders. No good.*********************************** *******************************I would give anythind (but my right to write) to have my ass look big in a tutu while I strut it on a runway! IT\’S BEAUTIFUL… I will begin attending the U of M this fall, majoring in behavioral psychology, but if I had a chance to model I would do so immediately.

Posted by Natalie Super | Report as abusive

looks like a mediocre Dior piece to me.

Posted by journey | Report as abusive