“Hit me with the stench, wench!”

October 29, 2007

It can be awkward when you go pick up a blind date you met online, and she comes to the door with garlic hanging from her hair. You start wondering what a nice, sensitive guy would say, and you come up with stuff like:

• “Yeah, I smelled you from the street, but I’m desperate!”
  • “I see you’re all ready to try out that new vampire bar.”
  • “Ah, when you said your hair smelled of cloves, I pictured something else.”
  • Awesome blouse, you reeking stinkfest garlic goddess!”

More Oddly Enough Blog

fashion-garlic-360.jpgA model presents a creation by Daria Kostenko during a fashion show in Budapest, October 27, 2007. REUTERS/Karoly Arvai

Looking for Mr. Onion.

This year’s Cannibal Delectable fashion showcase…

Posted by K | Report as abusive

Need some meatballs to… Ow! Mom, it’s just a blog! Cut it out! OW!

OW! OW! OW!

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Can she wear a garlic wreath
Billy boy, Billy boy?

Can she wear a garlic wreath
Darling Billy?

She can wear a garlic wreath.
And I smell it ‘pon her breath.

She’s a hot thing,
And I Fest on her Booty.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Once again, Sarah thankfully misses being the pumpkin wreath model.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Wait for it. She’s going to demonstrate garlic crushing, Hungarian style (so cool).

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Despite the pathetic dowery, I think she’d make a fine bride.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

So what lucky model got the BLUE ribbon?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

If I can forget my glasses on my forehead and my pencil behind my ear, Chef Gina can be excused for forgetting her garlic in her coiffure.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

No, monkeybrain, it’s a head of Lettuce I wanted you to paint. How does anyone get Garlic out of any part of that?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Survivor: Italy.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

This designer seems to have a food fetish.

Posted by Lady Weasel | Report as abusive

So, all comments are very funny…but do u know the story of this collection! No, I don’t have a food fetish, but I’ve got a good imagination. Why McQueen can have show with paint spraying mashine, why Galliano can have show with Jesus details. Cause when u are designing, they all have a serious conception. My conception was the Vamps. Want to see more, and not just the garlic…
http://www.fashionweekzagreb.com/z01-12- kostenko.htm

[...] Kostenko, who designed those outfits where models wore garlic in their hair, after I posted Hit me with the stench, wench! Turns out she either has a good sense of humor, or else she doesn’t know any lawyers,  [...]