Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Sound of Music sequel: Nun With A Gun!

January 11, 2008

We continue to scoop the entertainment blog competition, with the huge news that the long-awaited sequel to The Sound of Music will be an action blockbuster!

To quote from top-secret movie studio promotional copy, “The von Trapps are back, and the hills are alive with the sound of lead! Hey, Nazis, how do you solve a problem like this Maria?”

I know, I was stunned, too, but it goes on… “Edelweiss isn’t nice, this time around! Watch as the von Trapp children, machine pistols blazing, give new meaning to ‘So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehn, goodnight!’”

Yikes. I think I may just pass on this one, and rent the original, the one where Julie Andrews doesn’t use a bayonet…

vontrapp-360.jpgHuge flame comes from hand-cannon held by Bavarian Alpine mountaineer as he fires a salute to start a sledge race in the German town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, January 6, 2008. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay

More stuff from the Oddly Enough Blog

Comments

Flames shot from cannons and self-loading weapons,
Silver P-90s and AK-47s,
Semtex-filled packages tied up with strings,
These are a few of my favorite things!

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

Great minds DO think alike! I almost used the line “…these are a fuhrer my favorite things…”

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I’m their monarch. They’re my peasants. They love me.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

How many farts you gotta collect to get a fireball that big? I’m guessing lots.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Isn’t this an alternate ending from the DVD extras? The captain and Maria hook up with Charles Bronson and take out Nazi trash?

I gotta find out what kind of potatoes they’re using!

Posted by Nocturnal Bob | Report as abusive

this music change my life!

The hills are alive
with the sound of gun-fire.
The deer have all run
from the sound of the chain gun. . . . .

Folks, let your imaginations run wild! :)

Posted by Mike | Report as abusive

Sound of Music.. I like music the most but but but never like……… even in movies.