Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

And the rockets’ red glare, I smell gas in the air…

January 14, 2008

fireworks-2-140.jpgBlog Guy, in the past you’ve given great tips to help dudes like me figure out whether we made good career choices. Is there any single litmus test that works?

Well, I do have a quick quiz I often use. Look down. Are you standing on top of thousands of fireworks? Now, look in your hand. Are you pouring gasoline on those fireworks?

If you answered YES to both questions, you may have made bad career choices. Take a moment, light up a cigarette, and give it some serious thought. For further helpful tips, check out earlier posts such as Free advice from the Blog of Death, and Kind of a Daffy vocational move? Good luck, and I care.

fireworks-360.jpgWorker pours gas on confiscated fireworks in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, January 7, 2008.  REUTERS/China Daily

More stuff from the Oddly Enough Blog

Comments

Cassie Edwards‘s publicist takes a less explosive job.

(Or is that too obscure?)

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

What — and leave show business?!

Shucks, that’s nothing. We pour gasoline on everything in Texas…barbecue pits, leaf piles, overgrown fields….

Gotta go now…the house is on fire.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

I would have thought gasoline was redundant. Of course, I’ve never had the honor and privilege to do anything remotely like this.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Nothing is more fun than shifting the planet’s orbit on a Thursday afternoon.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

I have got to find the video for this. I want to know who was the idiot and watch said idiot that lite the match. Anybody find a video yet?

Posted by Victor | Report as abusive

It’s actually part of their space launch.

Posted by amazed | Report as abusive

hey, it’s true about texas. then again i’m a pyro, so i love setting stuff on fire. only a wuss is scared of burns in the pursuit of an orgasmic blast of beeyewtiful flame. Where can i apply for this job?

Posted by teegan | Report as abusive