Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Salmon-chanted evening…

May 22, 2008

salmon-horiz-180.jpgFrom Scotland comes news that a fashion designer is selling bikinis made from salmon skin. I’m serious. I have to ask whether this is a great idea.

For starters, there’s the smell. No matter how sexy a bikini is, the lingering scent of Evening on Fisherman’s Wharf is not a turn-on for most guys.

There is also the danger factor, when a chick takes the bikini for a test run in the ocean. You look up salmon predators online, and up pop things like sharks, lamprey eels and 700-pound sea lions. Watching a woman emerge from the water with a big, sucking, lamprey dangling from her stomach is not a vacation highlight in my book.

But there just may be an upside. Salmon predators also include large, persistent birds who swoop from nowhere and won’t take no for an answer. “My God, Tiffany! That condor is pulling at your bikini – for your own safety, just let him have it!”

Related post: News is skimpy on the bikini beat

salmon-300.jpgA model poses in a salmon-skin bikini from Chilean fashion designer Claudia Escobar’s luxury clothing line in this undated handout photograph.

Comments

Another successful Shawn bait. Damn, but those hooks hurt.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

What about ‘smells like fish’ do you not understand?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

I’m not sure if I like it or not. Can we please see it on Daryl Hanah (pro forma), the Victoria’s Secret Angels, Jennifer Connelly, Rachael Weis, Sandra Bullock, Norah Jones, Averill Lavigne, and (why not) that platinum blonde Borg woman from Battlestar Galactica?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Are those scales someone forgot to scrape or are you just happy to see me?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

I write a lot of scathing comments, argumentative rhetoric, sarcastic satire and just plain goofy jokes. I would just like to take a moment and extend my appreciation of your efforts to bring wonderment into my existence. This pair of photos has succeeded amazingly. Thank you, Robert Basler.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

It is not clear from the article whether it is edible.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Beware the chick who claims, “That’s not me; it’s the bikini.”

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive