Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Stop! I dropped my contact lens!

May 28, 2008

bull-combo-180.jpgBlog Guy, can you please explain some of the more complex maneuvers a bullfighter uses?

Sure. For instance, say you find yourself on the ground, staring into the face of a bull who is pretty annoyed over being tortured for no reason. There are a number of clever comments  bullfighters use to bamboozle the animal:

Can you please help me find my good luck charm?”
“Work with me. Two smart bulls like us should be able to find that dimwit matador!”
“Hey, at least you don’t have to come out here in pink stockings!”

Of course, as you can see in the photos, these don’t work all of the time. Tomorrow, hints for getting unsightly hoof marks off your face.

More stuff about

bull-360.jpgBullfighter Julian Lopez “El Juli” is tackled by a bull during a bullfight in Madrid, May 27, 2008. REUTERS/Juan Medina

Comments

Better watch where that bull’s hooves land or you’ll soon be going by the name, Julian “La Nanci” Lopez.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Are you sure the bullfighter’s nickname isn’t “Del Ernjart?”

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

[thought bubble]
A few shots of triple sec will loosen me up before the bullfight. Why do I listen?

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Ci, I told you one day you would get hurt.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

You’ve got red on you.

Posted by Shawn Hendricks | Report as abusive

Bull: – “C’mon now, get up and put more effort in, we’ve really got to make this look more realistic for the crowd”

Posted by I.P.Squint | Report as abusive

The opening photo is sensational, but the piece, in general, is boring. It fails to qualify, either as a journalistic piece or as satire. The author should stay away from bullfights, for he obviously doesn’t understand anything about them.

Lyn Sherwood

That bull has got his number.

Contacts