Careers: a flirtation with mutation?

September 8, 2008

freak-video-2-200.jpgBlog Guy, I just graduated from college with a degree in art history, and I can’t figure out what I want to do. Your career advice is the best!

Have you thought about being a freak?

Well geez, I’m no Brad Pitt, but…

You have to dream big, son! Gone are the days when you had to be lucky enough to be BORN a freak!  Just watch our video about this young man who underwent countless operations, tattooings and piercings to WORK his way to lucrative freakdom!

freak-video-1.jpg

What sort of work is there for freaks these days?

This guy seems happy with his gig at a Ripley’s Believe it or Not exhibit.

Now I’m interested! I live in New York City. With my art background, do you think they’d hire me at the Frick Museum here?

No, sorry. No freaks at the Frick.

Facebook Odd Blog Network

Wow, way to ruin oddly enough. What is this junk?

Posted by Kevin | Report as abusive

I don’t get it

Posted by CornFedWIBoy | Report as abusive

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but what’s with this new format to “Oddly Enough”? Who the hell is this “blog guy” and why hasn’t there been a genuine article posted for days?
I’m sorry, but I’ve been enjoying the oddly enough section for years now, but this new format has completely ruined it, I want actual odd news, not just a silly picture with an even sillier caption below it.

When will we be getting back to the old format?

Posted by Stephen Donaghy | Report as abusive

Stephen,

You are in the Oddly Enough Blog – They haven’t changed the format, but for some reason the Web page link (on MyGoogle, etc.) now leads to the blog. There are new stories under the Oddly Enough link on the left of the page!

Posted by Becca | Report as abusive

Sorry, but we’ve changed nothing. Reuters still has both the Oddly Enough news channel: http://www.reuters.com/news/oddlyEnough and an Oddly Enough Blog: http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/ which is clearly labeled as a blog.

It appears that someone at Google has tinkered with their gadget and the news channel link now leads to the blog, which is understandably upsetting to people looking for actual news stories. You should probably direct your complaints to Google.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

This is too funny! The whole Blog vs Oddly Enough. And how some are getting too upset. :) LOL

Posted by Enrique Estrella | Report as abusive

Blog fight! Blog fight!

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

…can’t function…link directs to wrong place…can’t figure it out…

Some people I think just look through a cone…they can’t see anything else.

Posted by Whitecup | Report as abusive