Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Heads-up, fashion designers!

September 22, 2008

fashion-heads-crop-160.jpgIf you’re like me, you’ve been noticing an increase in two-headed people walking around. Maybe it has to do with global warming or some tragic Botox experiments, I’m not really sure.

Anyway, readers have been saying to me, “Bob, shouldn’t they have their own fashion, and not have to buy the same clothes one-headed people wear?”

Yes. Designers are finally paying attention to this market, especially since two-headed people tend to have pretty good jobs, what with their ability to multi-task better than regular folks.

So now that the fashion thing is okay, it’s time to make hairdressers and dentists a little more aware of this trend.

Are you on Facebook? Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

fashion-lage-heads-360.jpgA model wears a creation by designer Sara Lage during her spring/summer 2009 show at the Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week September 19, 2008. REUTERS/Juan Medina

Comments

It’s the 2008 Zaphod Beeblebrox collection!

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

That is disgusting. I love how all “fabulous fashions” are so far out there that any normal person would never wear these designs in a million years, yet these designs are the top-of-the-top. EW.

Posted by Chelsea | Report as abusive

Did someone ask the designer to design a two-head-friendly collection? I don’t understand why she designed that in the first place.

Maybe if she put her creative mind to design something practical…she wouldn’t be nearly as successful.

Posted by Whitecup | Report as abusive

Great Halloween costume…

Well, two heads are better than… Um… When I sang ‘Put Your Head On My Shoulder’… Hmmm… I always wanted to get ahead of the game but this…

Ah I got nothin’

Well, you do have to wonder what she does when the passport people say she needs a headshot.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I have half a mind to wear such an outfit.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Note to those who would wear such an outfit:

It is okay to ask yourself questions.

It is okay to answer those questions.

Asking yourself “Huh, what was that?” means you have a problem.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

high fashion is not about wearability; it is about art and skill. You would not wear the mona lisa.

Posted by bee | Report as abusive

I will agree that those heads are extremely creepy.

Posted by bee | Report as abusive

DON’T PANIC!

Posted by The Bee | Report as abusive

Well crap, Bee, now you’ve got me feeling self-conscious about my Mona Lisa shirt!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bee is absolutely right. This design obviously is an artistic creation contemplating the sociology of community and psychology of alienation extant in modern society. Who could deny that it depicts the duality confronting us all, the dark side of our very natures, in which we fear what we desire.

What a load. It’s rubbish.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Hang on, Dr. Doll. It’s a pretty useful piece of clothing if you have trouble deciding what to listen to on your iPod!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Its Partly an expression of my teenage angst, but mostly its a moo-cow!

Posted by Criss Griffin | Report as abusive

I would run like hell if I saw he/she/it/thing coming towards me in that getup!!

People, what you see on the runway is an artistic statement. Clothes for the runway are not clothes that will be produced for consumers. They are like walking pieces of art, and then they are changed to be better suited for people to wear. They are not meant for “oh, I would wear that” or “That is disgusting, who would wear that?!” No one, of course, will wear that. Not even the couturiers will make those for their customers. They will make watered down, more ‘realistic’ clothes for them.

Posted by Ally | Report as abusive

WOAH! hey now, Bee. Lets not even start to put the mona lisa on par with this…. this… doggy bed? The “artist” couldn’t even be bothered to clear up that hole where the right head’s armpit would be. Sure, I wouldn’t wear the Mona Lisa, but its not MEANT to be worn. This is clothing. Unwearable, uncultered, ugly clothing. That is not art just because some drunks get together and say it is. Its still clothing, its still ugly.

Posted by Ozzy | Report as abusive

By the way, I think Morocco just had a little earth tremor. Yves Saint Laurent is turning in his grave.

Posted by Charlene | Report as abusive

Two headed fashions?

Its been old hats in Tasmania since time immemorial.

Posted by jon jovanovic | Report as abusive

Me, well I’m still in two minds about it…

Posted by john | Report as abusive

So we are going to see a fashion design from this blog everyday now? I mean, I know there is plenty of ridiculous photos to choose from in the fashion world, but if it becomes daily filler for lack of anything more interesting, then you might as well quit this column while you are ahead.

Posted by - | Report as abusive

The fashion stuff here is FAR from filler! I only choose the stupidest stuff in the world, which you won’t see anywhere else.

Oh. “Quit this column while you are ahead.” I get it.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Good job trying to out-do Michael Jackson’s wardrobe. I think if she were wearing pajama bottoms with that, it would be chic!

Posted by Dayshiftbob | Report as abusive

Is this the latest fashion for women with split personalities?

Posted by Lola | Report as abusive