John, this place is a PIGSTY!

October 1, 2008

I’ve written about all the ice cream that presidential candidates get to eat, and some readers got the idea that campaigning is a great gig, just flying around for free and eating treats.

mccain-boar-crop-160.jpg

But wait. You also have to go to state fairs and stuff, and act like pigs are interesting, and take your rich wife along and even SHE has to act like they’re interesting, and say stuff like, “John, that’s SOME pig, isn’t it?” while she’s thinking, “I could REALLY use a porkchop about now!”

And then you have to listen to some pig guy tell your wife how really this animal is a boar , which is a pig that hasn’t been castrated, and then your wife has to be like, “Isn’t that interesting, John?” when she’s really thinking, “Look what I just stepped in! Get me the frick out of this stinkhole!”

Of course, all these quotes are made up, because I wasn’t there, but I’ll bet I’m not very far off.

Find others as strange as you are. Join the Oddly Enough blog network.

mccain-boar-300.jpgRepublican presidential candidate John McCain and his wife Cindy look at the winning boar of the Big Boar contest during a campaign stop at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, August 8, 2008. REUTERS/Stephen Mally

Did John win the Big Bore contest?

Posted by John | Report as abusive

How appropriate to photograph Republicans with a huge hog!
They’ve been supporting “piggy” policies that have lead to the rich getting richer and the middle class getting weaker for so long. Congrats to the farmer who raised the boar however. A hard working family farmer–now that is someone I can respect.

Posted by Kate | Report as abusive

Does this mean..Republicans are thinking BIG?

Frank

No wonder I hate politics. Give me Big Fat any day over any politician.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Why am I so tempted to quote a favourite movie right now?
‘No, that is a wild bore. This is a wild pig!”

Posted by J. Adams | Report as abusive

This pig/boaris the new Democratic Logo replacement for their Donkey and they have pigged out for decades eating at the American Taxpayer’s Trough!

Posted by Tom R. | Report as abusive

I love how people turn any photograph of a Republican into a negative. If this was a picture of Obama your comment would be, “This is why Obama is a man of the people!” Get off your uneducated high horse and give a man some credit.

Posted by Andrew | Report as abusive

Too many jokes…must stop thinking…

Posted by johnp | Report as abusive

look at him eyeing that piggy,, mmmm… mCcain need pork

Posted by snappy | Report as abusive

Interesting that the Dems that read this column accuse the GOP of being piggish, when it was their wish for subprime loans that put us in the position we are in right now. That wonderful comedy team of Jackson and Sharpton pressured the financial world to make it easy for people who had no credit to get loans. Now, Obama claims they were “tricked into” signing loans they didn’t understand. Bollocks! They knew they would be foreclosed if they didn’t pay. They knew the rates would adjust.

Wake up and smell the pigsty!

Posted by Harold | Report as abusive

Maybe he is interviewing a new GOP mascot! After all, you can put lipstick on a boar…..not so much on an elephant.

Posted by Ross | Report as abusive