The debate: No subtle rebuttal!

October 2, 2008

Hey, Blog Guy! So, are you pumped for this debate tonight? Will it be dominated by the economy, foreign affairs or what?

debate-combo-this-240.jpgYou didn’t know? They’ve agreed to an all-out XTREME monster debate!. Look at this photo of the stage. The candidates will use backhoes, power drills, grappling hooks, flame-throwers…

Awesome! I bet Palin comes sliding in on a snowmobile!

She wanted to, but eventually she gave up that option in return for getting to use a rocket jet pack and a chainsaw. These two are going for blood!

You really think so?

Well, that’s what Don King said at the weigh-in.

Prevent tooth decay:  Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

debate-stage-360.jpg

Joe Biden, REUTERS/Carlos Barria; Sarah Palin, REUTERS/ John Gress

Workers prepare hall for debate between vice presidential candidates Republican Sarah Palin and Democrat Joseph Biden in St. Louis, Mo., September 30, 2008. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

Why don’t we just settle this whole campaign thing with arm wrestling. Who would win? Biden or Palin? Personally, I think Palin would drive home with Biden tied to the front of her car like a dead deer.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

I should hope not! I’d rather have a scrawny VP that knew how to think than one that was all brawn and no brain. I know America is all about quality TV entertainment, but I think that would be taking it a bit too far. There have been enough comic speeches the last 8 years, and I think a regine change is due.

Posted by elizabeth | Report as abusive

Oh… Well, I was just thinking that Washington U. Banner looks a little blah…

I guess based on these comments it would probably be inappropriate to suggest a duet on a musical floor keyboard, huh?

Posted by Bandage | Report as abusive

Elizabeth … Betsy … Liz:

Loosen your straps! “. . . [N]ot the serious kind”!

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Oddly enough used to be interesting and on-topic…it seems like now their headlines have little to do with the “content” that is provided in them. For example, what does this headline “subtle rubuttal” have to do with the blithe comments in the “article”. It’s asinine…get relevant reuters.

Posted by NoDak Man | Report as abusive

elizabeth you’re obviously very dense and a dictionary purchase might prove helpful

Posted by bacon | Report as abusive

palin’s facial gesture reminds me of someone singing the beginning of Spongebob Squarepant’s theme song. Ooooooooh who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Posted by adrienne | Report as abusive

She’ll have his head mounted above her fireplace by morning.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

elizabeth said we need a regine change, I can only assume she meant regina change. I don’t think the US should be telling the Canadians what they should do with Regina, SK.

Posted by nybbler | Report as abusive

maybe they will take each other out and Ross Perow could be VP

Posted by T | Report as abusive

Doggone it, there she goes again! Ah jeez, soccer mom maverick nookyoular advocate si getting “teste” with windbag Joe!

Posted by johnp | Report as abusive

Ok, I usually try to stick to simple one-liners but… DOGGONIT! What is with the whole ‘Nookyaler’ thing anyway? I don’t get it? When (and why and how) did it become dignified to mangle a word like that?

Posted by Bandage | Report as abusive

Bandage, I wouldn’t embrangle myself in that linguistic mess. Bacon, I really think your comment was uncalled for.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Dr. Doll, that’s good advice, I should try not to get all flusterated over these things.

Posted by Bandage | Report as abusive

Dangit. Now I have the Spongebob song stuck in my head. Thanks, adrienne. Now I’ll be humming it all day.

hmmmmmmm mhm hm hmhmhmhm