I got your Publishers Clearing House check right here!

October 13, 2008

obama-1013-3-180.jpg“Hi there young lady, is your mom at home? WHAT? You ARE the mom! Get out!

“I’m going door to door in your neighborhood today offering our Columbus Day special on vinyl siding. You’ve got a real nice home here, and it deserves to have that special vinyl look!

“Well, suit yourself. How about a new asphalt driveway? Body work on your car? A gas grill? Ginsu knives? Uh, Modern Boating Magazine? How are you fixed for brushes?

“Tupperware? Fresh meat? Do you know about Jehovah’s Witnesses?

“Oh, wait! Don’t close the door! I think I’m also running for President!”

Stick it to the man! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

obama-1013-360.jpgDemocratic presidential nominee Senator Barack Obama talks to a potential voter as he canvasses support in a neighborhood in Holland, Ohio, October 12, 2008. REUTERS/ Jim Young

Robert,I was a bit taken aback. I live on a farm just outside of Holland. I drive by this house several times a week!

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Wow. Did he stop by your place to sell you vinyl siding?

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

No, he didn’t stop. The Jehovah’s Witnesses must have given him a heads-up. I had a torn ACL a couple of years ago and was laid up for a month. When a Jehovah’s Witness stopped by, I was glad for the company. He kept saying, “Mr. M______, I really have to be going.”

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Did that lady ever let him in? Or did she make him stand outside and give his pitch?????

Posted by ReNo | Report as abusive

Why would he need to go door to door?.interesting.http://ran-the-monkey. livejournal.com/3805.htmlgo here and enjoy some interesting websites.

Posted by randy | Report as abusive

I have to wonder: how can a man do the full time job of a senator effectively while going door to door in a small town in Ohio, shaking hands? Perhaps he’s just trying to get his cardio time in?

Posted by Mike | Report as abusive

Obama’s going door to door canvassing was very effective hereabouts. He spoke in nearby Toledo today, and the local idea of a newspaper was full of publicity about his canvassing in Holland. Perhaps he is trying to atone for his earlier people-in-small-towns comments.ReNo, I believe these people have a dog. Since I have two German Shepherds (the Odd Couple) I usually talk to people through the storm door, not because I’m a distrusting person, but to keep the dogs inside the house.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

I don’t let anyone into to my home who comes knocking at my door, I don’t care if its my mother, she had better call first.

Posted by Tony | Report as abusive

Door to door… interesting. Is that not… dangerous? I was never allowed to go door to door for fundraising or anything like that unless I knew the people in case I got raped or murdered or something. Maybe I just don’t have faith in humanity.

Posted by Jess | Report as abusive

Most of the people posting here sound like cynical, redneck hicks, or maybe the equivalrent, boorn again christians. Go for it Obama, against all the odds, in the most racist country on the planet, you can do it, rise above these semi-illiterates, the rest of the world is rooting for you, you will be up there with best of all heros, for a black man to get elected president in the US, will be the equivalent of the three minute mile.

Posted by Ratface | Report as abusive

cynics and rednecks says the guy whos goes by the name of “ratface”

Posted by Steven | Report as abusive

nice comment rat face. making fun of “semi-illiterates” and using made up words and incorrect spelling to do it very nice. There are so many things wrong with your comment that I wouldn’t even know where to start. But as a suggestion when you see a red line under a word that means you spelled it wrong.

Posted by matt | Report as abusive

Here’s one for you Blog Guy: Can you please tell me the difference between semi-illiterates and semi-literates?

Posted by tessi | Report as abusive

Propaganda photo shoot …

Posted by jerry | Report as abusive

Yeah, I wonder how many houses he really stopped at. And Jess, goodness gracious! raped or murdered? How do you even relax enough to sleep at night?

Posted by Mary K | Report as abusive

“Can you please tell me the difference between semi-illiterates and semi-literates?”It’s like the difference between flammable and inflammible. :)”I have to wonder: how can a man do the full time job of a senator effectively while going door to door in a small town in Ohio, shaking hands?”You would. It’s called campaigning. Ever heard of it?

Posted by NikonD | Report as abusive

When the J.W.’s used to come to my house (I was off on workmans comp.) I greeted them NAKED and that stopped real soon!!!!!

Posted by Insain1 | Report as abusive

Interesting tactic, Insain1. What did you do to ward off telemarketers, back when telemarketers could call anyone they wanted?My favorite tactic was just to make one absurd statement after another. For example, when a flooring company called, I told them I had dirt floors.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

The local school has branded my nephew semi-illiterate. That is a dirty lie, since my sister was married a month before he was born.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

You’ve got it all wrong!! He’s showing the new ACORN worker how to register this lady to vote 17 times.

Posted by Jimmy John | Report as abusive

Go Obama! I agree with the poster that he is facing nearly insurmountable odds in a blatantly racist (i.e., republican) society where half the populace only cares about one issue: abortionRepublicans could be out of work, broke, sick, all their kids at war, and still vote blindly for their party.I think we know who the sheep are. They look remarkably like elephants.

Posted by DoctorDale | Report as abusive

What’s the clipboard for?Oh, I should have known better…it is just too much of a pain to haul that teleprompter everywhere.

Posted by Wbaere | Report as abusive

hey! i’m a JW…thanks for all the “tips”…I won’t be so easy to put off next time…ha ha

Posted by Nina | Report as abusive