Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Think we used too much gunpowder?

October 22, 2008

The actual caption for this photo below says these workers are TESTING FIRECRACKERS at a firecracker factory. I am not making this up.

firecrackers-crop-1022.jpgHerbie, welcome to your first day as a firecracker tester here at Acme. Any questions?

Um, what kind of stuff am I testing for?

Well, some of our firecrackers have wicks that are too short. So we need to test ‘em to see.

Is that all?

No, some of them seem to be too heavy to throw very far, so we want to identify those.

Anything else?

Yes, some of them have WAY too much gunpowder in them, so our lawyers say we really need to find those. Here’s your first book of matches, good luck!

Escape from reality. Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

firecracker-tester-360.jpgLaborers test firecrackers at a firecracker factory on the outskirts of the Indian city of Siliguri, October 21, 2008. REUTERS/Rupak De Chowdhuri

Comments

Looks like the test is going well. That’s what I call a bang-up job!

I want that job! and somebody better do it.

Posted by Todd | Report as abusive

Yay its a picture of fireworks going off. Whats so odd about it? Can’t you find anything better to write about? What happened to the old Oddly Enough? This isn’t newsworthy, picture worthy, or time worthy.

Posted by Rob S | Report as abusive

I agree with Rob!

Posted by TJ | Report as abusive

Nice job.
But maybe, just maybe, it is a little bit dangerous…

Cheers,
UmNome

@Rob S

Are you a complete idiot or just an unloved fat man? This blog is about funny stuff said by the writer not newsworthy drivel. I recommend you test the flamability of some of those fireworks yourself by lighting off a few in your hand…

Posted by Ben | Report as abusive

Rob, you are on the blog page, not the freakin news page. Dear lord when are you people going to realize that you are on a HUMOR page. Look at the tags, what is the BIGGEST word there? HUMOR!!!! If you don’t like it, go away, leave the humor to the people that have a sense of one, get a clue and stop complaining!!

Posted by Diane | Report as abusive

The instructions to the fireworks tester were funny. I can think of several people I would recommend for that job. The picture was a disappointment.

Posted by Joe T. Plumber | Report as abusive

Ths Indian city starts with the word “Sili” – “silly” spelled wrong but still…

It was an explosive article! :-)

Posted by John Parker | Report as abusive

These puns make me sad :(

Posted by sigh | Report as abusive

It makes me sad that fire crackers are illegal where I live when I see things like that. Party poppers just… don’t cut it anymore:(

Posted by Jess | Report as abusive

Rob S.

This page hasn’t changed. What’s changed is that Google links here instead of to the news. Click on oddly enough on the left side to see what you are used to.

Posted by G | Report as abusive

Sounds like a perfect job for this guy: http://darwinawards.com/stupid/stupid200 6-07.html

Posted by Vlad | Report as abusive