Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Ed, pull up a chair and let’s chat!

November 12, 2008

Quick quiz: This guy in the photo…

a) Misses the point of Casual Fridays

b) Obviously bet on a McCain landslide in the office election pool

c) Looks kind of funny not wearing any shoes

d) Is the star of that updated network sitcom, “I Dream of Gene”

e) May be counting a little too heavily on the kindness of strangers

Don’t worry. Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

A model presents a creation by Kazakhstan’s Kenje house design during Kazakhstan fashion week in Almaty November 11, 2008. REUTERS/Shamil Zhumatov

Comments

I would say f) Is headed to jail for wearing the skins of young women.

Posted by Mary K | Report as abusive

This is from the country that condemns the film “Borat” as a conspiracy against their great nation?

Posted by Ferhat | Report as abusive

Ferhat spot on. Either he is another Borat in making or the Kazaks have figured out that if you can’t fight Borat then be like Borat.

Posted by john cooper | Report as abusive

Wow, I spent a lot of time in Kazakhstan when I was adopting my son and I NEVER saw this cute little outfit. I would’ve remembered it, too.

I have to say, most Kazakh men are pretty macho. [Borat has nothing in common with the real Kazakhstan] If this guy tried to walk down the street wearing his undies on the outside and dragging his salon chair, he would find himself turned into an ice sculpture real fast…

Lemme guess… Kazakhstan has legalized gay marriage and this guy’s the bride?

Posted by GeeWhiz | Report as abusive

Bayterek (in Astana) and his dress share some similarities. Can’t the Kazakh people do anything without relating it to their oh so “glorious” country?

Kazakh fashion? Are you kidding me? If it isn’t a Chinese knock-off of something brand name, they won’t wear it.

To: ODDLY ENOUGH WRITERS..

ENOUGH!! of fashion articles. I realize there are always dumb fashions designers that are trying to pass off as new trends, but give us a break. 2/3rds of the articles you publish have to do with some gorgeous model getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to wear some rubbish. We all know that the runway is an ODD place..which makes it normal life…… If you find actual people living and working in these get-ups. I want to see this guy moving his lawn or rebuilding a transmission in this outfit. —now that would be ODD.

Please try to give us some more content of hire reporters that don’t spend all of their time at fashion shows. If you still insist on reporting on the daily fashion show spectacles then create a separate column like: “Oddly Dressed” for those who want to see the latest …eh… creations by today’s obscure designers.

Posted by Mike | Report as abusive

Mike, where can I see a guy “moving his lawn”? I don’t care what he’s dressed in, I want to see it!

Posted by Mary K | Report as abusive

ok, I realize I’m a little late and nobody will read this, but I have to comment that it’s a good thing I’m not important enough to be invited to such things as fashion shows, and I’m way too cheap to buy a ticket.

Because I would throw things. and maybe boo. yes, throw things and boo. possibly even fall out of my chair laughing. definitely.

Posted by sheri | Report as abusive