Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Oh, it’s one of those fright wigs!

November 12, 2008

Welcome back to our popular feature, “Things Maybe we Should have Explained in a Caption, but Didn’t.” The actual caption here tells us this soldier is “wearing a wig” as he smokes near the front lines.

Excuse me? “Ernie, we’re gonna see combat today. Is my wig on straight?” That just doesn’t sound right.

I checked, and it turns out the dude said he was wearing the wig to scare the enemy and give him magic powers.

Now, I have to think that if that big honking rocket propelled grenade on his back doesn’t scare the enemy, a wig isn’t going to do the trick.

But I could be wrong. Maybe this is a whole nation of folks who are petrified of wigs, just ripe for a surprise attack by Dolly Parton.

Don’t worry. Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

A Congolese government soldier wearing a wig smokes by the roadside near the front line, north of Goma in eastern Congo, November 11, 2008. REUTERS/Finbarr O’Reilly

Comments

I think the big question is what is he using to clean his rifle barrel?

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

whats up with that Ak47 pointed towards his balls

Posted by faz | Report as abusive

The wig is a mojo thing. Remember,this is a part of the world where your manhood can be majicked away by an evil shaman.

The AK-47 is a threat. “You majik my dick, I shoot it off!”

Posted by Suprstitius | Report as abusive

So thats where Rick James is now working? That’s super freaky.

Posted by ReNo | Report as abusive

Man. The American military has something to learn from this Congonese gender-bender.

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

Hey, as long as he thinks he looks good, nothing else matters.

Posted by Orincarnia | Report as abusive

What happens when he has to run and the wig falls of? Does he run back to get it?…

Cheers,
UmNome

Prenda de Natal em http://www.prenda-de-natal.com
E muita informação em http://www.UmNome.com

Are the fact that he’s smoking what looks like a giant joint and the fact that he’s wearing a bad wig related in any manner?

Posted by M | Report as abusive

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena