Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Your lingerie came today, Ray!

November 24, 2008

KRAMER: Mansiere?
FRANK: That’s right. A brassiere for a man. The Mansiere, get it?

Once again, pop culture was way ahead of what some folks like to call reality.

Everybody remembers the classic Seinfeld episode about The Mansiere.

Now, a Japanese online lingerie retailer is selling bras for cross-dressing men, and they’ve quickly become one of its most popular items. I am not making this up.

I just hope this thing comes with detailed instructions, because while most guys have had experience unhooking bras, actually fastening them is not something they’re familiar with.

Man bra slideshow Man bra video

Be somebody! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

Above: Seinfeld screen grab

Below: Wishroom Representative Director Masayuki Tsuchiya puts on his company’s men’s bra in Tokyo November 22, 2008. REUTERS/Toru Hanai

More stuff for Oddly Enough

Comments

that is wrong on so many levels

Posted by jackal | Report as abusive

Why does this bra have underwire? He doesn’t have enough to try to lift! Perhaps we need a model with more man boobs!

Posted by Cherri | Report as abusive

That is messed up! and he doesn’t even have man boobs whats up with that?

As an Japanese-American, I can say this with authority: at least there’s not much/any pesky back hair to get stuck in the hooks and straps! :-P

Posted by Jeff | Report as abusive

Well, this was a titillating article. But, I must confess I just don’t get it. Why would anyone wear a bra if s/he didn’t have to? Just to titivate themselves? I do agree that the model does not need underwire support. He’s so small that he’s just a titman! Perhaps he should be in training.

Maybe I’m a boob. Perhaps I have a doppelgänger; I’ve heard we roam in pairs. Blog Guy, please keep us abreast of the situaiton. Hey, please stop tittering at my puns. So what do you give me? An A, B, C, D?

Hey Bandage, I expect your support. You’re titular when it comes to puns!

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Hmmm. For some reason I want a couple of cups of something, but I can’t quite figure out what it is. Something hot. Coffee? No. Tea? Nooooo. Something spicy! Well, whatever it is, it doesn’t have to be too big of a helping. What was it my Mummzie used to say? “If it’s more than a mouthful, it’s wasted!”

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

I cannot roll my eyes enough at your puns, Dr. Doll. Amazing that you could come up with so many.

Posted by Mary K | Report as abusive

Mary, thanks, I guess. So, would you like to get together and grab a couple of cups of something sometime?

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

Hey you kids! This isn’t that kind of blog!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Bob, sorry. I guess I’m still trying to feel my way. (Or should that be “…trying to feel, my way”?)

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

looks similar to a regular bra

Posted by ebrahim | Report as abusive

Well, robert, you know… they always do come in pairs!

Posted by M | Report as abusive

Most of you web geek-types won’t know this (some of you will never know) but that is not how you put on a bra.

Posted by sheri | Report as abusive

some people might put bras on like that

Posted by jane | Report as abusive