Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

These Flagships hurt my feet!

December 3, 2008

Blog Guy, I don’t know what to get my girlfriend for Christmas. Any suggestions?

Sure. How about buying her a Flagship?

A what?

Well, I just saw some photos that said Victoria’s Secret opened a new “Flagship store.” Judging from this picture, I gather a Flagship is a large pair of scissors.

You’re an idiot! Why would my girlfriend want scissors big enough to cut through solid steel?

Just for the shear enjoyment? Hang on, I did some more research and it turns out a Flagship is a red dress…

You researched nothing! How do  you know Flagships aren’t a brand of shoes with stiletto heels?

I think you’re right! I hope your girlfriend enjoys her shoes. I’m going to write a Flagship article for Wikipedia now.

Stick it to the man! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

Victoria’s Secret models pose for photographers at the opening of the new Victoria’s Secret flagship store in New York City, December 2, 2008. REUTERS/ Mike Segar

Comments

Would a joke about a flagpole be appropriate?

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

I’m guessing no, Tim.

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

isn’t this just a waste of an article? Seems like the publisher/writer is stretching for material.

Posted by Ryan | Report as abusive

Why does this picture bring to mind an M. Night Shyamalan film?

I hope they get eaten.

Posted by K | Report as abusive

A flagship store is where you go when the ship hits the flag- the only thing for a flagging ship is a flagship store. Chicks in red kind of help the situation considerably, strangely enough.

Posted by Kylie | Report as abusive

I’m confused. They’re wearing … clothes.

Not another fashion article! Yeesh! How many have there been so far?!

Posted by Alex | Report as abusive

Run it over with a flagship and see if anyone salutes.

As usual, two blond women, four light-colored women, and the token dark colored woman, the only one with black hair. Of course they are all pretty (pretty damned skinny…)

Be careful not to couture fingers with those scissors.

Posted by Grey Lensman | Report as abusive