Revenge of the jacuzzi floozy!

December 5, 2008

Every so often, we see a product that is so amazingly stupid it deserves our special attention.

Look at this photo from a luxury goods show in Romania, featuring a jacuzzi with a TELEVISION. What could possibly go wrong here?

“Welcome home, honey! Grab your drinkie and slip into the jacuzzi with me. I’m watching Dexter. How was your day?

“By the way, our insurance guy called to thank you for raising  your life insurance policy to $10 million – he said it was a smart thing to do.

“Hey honey, will you wash my back. My special sponge is over there behind the TV, under all those electrical wires…

“Oh, hon! Look how high this water sprays when I open the jets all the way!”

The perfect FREE holiday gift! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

Model sits in a jacuzzi at the 2008 Luxury Show in Bucharest, December 4, 2008. REUTERS/Mihai Barbu

Uh….

Here in the US many outdoor bathtubs and jacuzzi s have built in TVs, radios, etc. I don’t see the oddness of it.

-J

Posted by Jon | Report as abusive

I hate that this stupid blog shows up in my Google “Oddly Enough” Gadget instead of the real “Oddly Enough.”

Posted by Tim | Report as abusive

Bummer, dude!

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Tim: Cheesea dura (Hard cheese!) The TV in the jacuzzi reminds me of one of my favorite Roman sayings, which Julius Caesar said when he heard of Hannibal’s approach: “Cheesea volat.” (Literally, “Cheese flies.” Idiomatically, “The cheese has hit the fan.”)

I guess you just read what you want to see. I thought the jacuzzi show was in barechest.

Posted by Patrick | Report as abusive

Okay, okay, I’ve been informed that I’m having waaaaaay too much fun with this “cheese” thing, (by who might be referred to as “the curdish rebels.”) To that, I say “No whey.” I guess I have milked it for all it’s worth. (Or should I say “processed”?) I just thought I would spread my “cheese” humor. I hope that I have proved to be a whiz at it. If not, well, crackers to ya.

Before I leave it behind, I would just like to say: “Veni. Vidi. Cheesi.” (I came. I saw. I cheesed.)

Uh-huh… I’m off to watch James Garner in “The Roquefort Files” reruns….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

Dr. Doll you are amazing! I can’t stop laughing…that last one was the best by far!

Posted by Mary K | Report as abusive

Before, I would have said “That’s a gouda show.” But now I’ve aged, so I won’t say that. But not being able to make any [you know what] puns really leaves me bleu.

Mary, it’s a Kraft.

Robert: I love that this blog is listen on my Google homepage. Keep up the funnies! :D

Posted by JD | Report as abusive

Talis queribundus condemnant quod non intellegunt. Contra bonos cheeseus.

Such complaining is offensive to the conscience and to a sense of justice.They condemn good cheese!

Posted by gwmc | Report as abusive

Well thank goodness that a jacuzzi does not use any electricity whatsoever. Imagine if there were like wires, pumps, motors, filters or lights nearby. Everybody would get electrocuted all the time !
[/sarcasm]

Posted by Marco | Report as abusive

Polo!

Posted by K | Report as abusive

For those who love to live dangerously?

Unrelated to the jacuzzi, but Dr. Doll, that is a historical impossibility. The third and last Punic War, and, with it, the death of Hannibal, was around 146 BCE. Julius Caesar was born around 100 BCE.

Love that corn, though!

Posted by batholith | Report as abusive

Its called a Ground Fault Interruptor. Not that I’d want to test it (apparently you will still get a jolt) but thats what such a safety device is for.

What about the 220v or so powering the hottub itself?

Posted by Ranzear | Report as abusive

Batholith, Caesar uttered these famous words when heard of the approach of Hannibal the Auditor, not Hannibal of Carthage.

(Yea, I know, I thought of that right after I submitted the post. That’s what happens when you make stuff up as you go along.)

Ranzear, with a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter), you shouldn’t even feel a jolt. The amps required to trip a GFCI are so low, much lower than a circuit breaker. All water pumps in my water garden are plugged into GFCIs, as required by code. But that does not mean that I reach into the ponds while the pumps are still plugged in.

You know, Dr. Doll, I have to say most of the doctors I know don’t seem to have as much spare time as you do….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

The secret is, when you work, work. When you’re not working, don’t. I learned this when I was very young, from my first-grade teacher, Dolly Madison. She accomplished so much. Besides being my teacher, she was the first lady, and with her sister-in-law (Sara Lee) and cousin (Little Debbie), shwe started a successful pastry business.

Back in those days those, one really had to work really hard just to stay warm. Why, back then, it would get so cold that if we tried o talk outside, our very words would freeze! We would gather them up, take them inside, and warm them by the fire, thus having a conversation without opening our mouths!

It also helps to take December off.

It is the current best seller in luxury bathroom equipment I hear

But when will they install the toaster i asked for?
I really love to eat toasted bagel with cream cheese while i stew in my own warm juices.

Posted by Michael Jackson | Report as abusive

Toaster? Sorry, but that wouldn’t go well with the deep fryer included in most of these jacuzzis….

Posted by Robert Basler | Report as abusive

I worked for bunches of rich bastards who wanted TV jacks installed next to bathtubs; so, this doesn’t surprise me one bit. Most were candidates for the Darwin Award.

Posted by jerry | Report as abusive

I just had to say working with Retailonics was great! Not trying to promote just had to emote.

Posted by John Johnson | Report as abusive

I just like the way she looks petrified at the tv she obviously also thinks its a bad combination

Posted by mini me | Report as abusive

What TV?

I think you are all missing the obvious! If I was in the tub with the Blonde , why would I need a TV? She should come standard with the Jacuzzi.

Posted by TMC | Report as abusive

Wow, if they wanted to show off the T.V. they should have picked a less sightly model. Why isn’t she doing Chanel ads? My Goodness.

Posted by Evan Labbe | Report as abusive

Don’t know how you do it, but all my jacuzzi’s came with blond’s. Mind you they didn’t come ‘delivered’ I had to go out and pick’m up on my own.

As for the electrical risk involved, they got this stuff called ‘insulation’ and this other stuff called ‘waterproofing’ . . .

Posted by Hue Mann | Report as abusive