Dude! What do they pay you to wear that?

January 21, 2009

Quick quiz: The guy shown here is…

a) The star of a cheap “Tootsie” remake

b) The star of an off-Broadway “Tribute to Corporal Klinger”

c) A dude who lost a really high-stakes election bet

d) An actual model wearing a “creation” from a genuine designer at Milan Fashion Week.

Yeah, this one fooled me, too. Turns out this is really from a men’s collection in Milan, so get ready to go shopping, guys.

It’s kind of a cute outfit, but it isn’t clear to me whether we’re supposed to wear it to the office, or football games, or just for casual evenings out with the family. Until I sort that out, I’m leaving mine on the hanger.

Problems with jock itch? Join the Oddly Enough blog network!

A model displays a creation as part of Vivienne Westwood’s Fall/Winter 2009/10 men’s collections during Milan Fashion Week January 18, 2009. REUTERS/Stringer

I didn’t know the Circus is in town!

Posted by Dr. doll | Report as abusive

WHAT is that designer thinking?? 1-It’s horrible 2-It’s more horrible on men 3-It’s still horrible !!!! PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!

Posted by John Smith | Report as abusive

Or is the real fashion faux pas the number of handbags the model is carrying/wearing. I count three and only one matches his shoes!

Posted by SoCalSig | Report as abusive

DAMN, SHE STOLE MY DESIGN. Musta seen me when I was out on the town the other night.

Posted by Sam Spade | Report as abusive

Now, everyone knows that you don’t wear flowered pattern with plaid. How gouche. And those stripes!! Vertical stripes are so unflattering, really. Oh dear me, just so much wrong with this whole outfit!!

Posted by Diane | Report as abusive

Okay. It’s a joke, right?

It looks like a guy dressed up like a girl, dressing like a guy (an extremely fashion UN-conscious guy, or middle-schooler). Wow.

Posted by Gayle | Report as abusive

Oi, if you’re going to use upholstery, curtains and car seats as your inspiration, you should at least experiment gradually! Ow! My eyes!

I’m impressed. He can wear it in public with a straight face!

Posted by Marisa | Report as abusive

Betcha he got his ass kicked by the end of the runway!

Posted by Dr. Death | Report as abusive

No wonder the fashion industry is so hard to figure out, they’re all on dope grabbing things from around the house.

Posted by Whirler | Report as abusive

Being the open-minded person that I am, I wouldn’t throw rocks at a man wearing this “outfit” unless it was absolutely convenient.

Posted by Dr. Doll | Report as abusive

That guy is handsome and confident and since a six year old would know those clothes don’t go together there had to be a “Double Dog Dare”

wow – he really is a model- good for him about his high self confidence- not all can do it…..0nly …Scottish maybe are not so happy about ….and by the way let him do his job …. :) we are in a global crisis isn’t it? ;)

Posted by maria | Report as abusive

Back in 1952, my parents moved us into a house that had wallpaper that looked like that jacket. I hated that wallpaper.

Posted by MobyD | Report as abusive

OH MY GOD.

Posted by jj | Report as abusive

OMG, I just noticed that the purse hanging off his shoulder is FLOWERED!!! Different colors from the jacket and not matching anything else! I have no problem with a man in a kilt, look at Sean Connery, but it is the rest of the outfit that is so very very wrong.

Posted by Diane | Report as abusive

It looks like a homeless person was in the vicinity of an explosion in a clothing donation box and walked away with whatever spattered on him.

Posted by Mpe Chelete | Report as abusive

I’ve ‘been there, done that’. It’s called the walk of shame! You’re almost busted by the girl’s boyfriend coming home, grab the pile of clothes, and dive for the open window.

Posted by JohnZNYC | Report as abusive

Was he supposed to wear the entire collection at once?

Posted by some guy named Tim | Report as abusive